“Single room one night stay”
Review of The Fairway Tavern

The Fairway Tavern
The Fairway Tavern
Reviewed 10 May 2013

First impression's, I thought the overall views and location of the hotel were lovely and scenic. But on arrival to my single room I was disappointed. The room was really small, the decor very dated, and the bed was so uncomfortable. Really old I think and made of springs ew!! Put it this way once I laid on the bed and got up, you could see my body impression in the mattress, far too soft. Not good with a bad back.

There was also an annoying green light right above my head on the ceiling Which kept me awake due to it being so bright. Not sure what is was for but it was badly positioned. Could do with moving to someone out of sight. Also there was some kind of storage room or boiler room right behind my room and that was pretty noisy too.

Carrying on (yes there is more) the lamp was clearly from the bargain at ikea and I simply switched on even when u weren't touching it so had to turn it off at the wall!

Regarding the food/bar........ Well not much to say except working men's club surroundings which badly needed updating and fish and chips from the freezer. Enjoy!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Natalie B

Reviewed 9 April 2013

My husband and I got married here in march and it was the most perfect day we could imagine! Clare the wedding planner was always helpful and clear, always had time to answer any queries! On the actual day the staff were nothing but helpful, the food was fantastic ( plenty of compliments from guests ), the room looked amazing and the atmosphere was perfect! Definitely value for money and highly recommended :)

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We were very lucky to be invited to a wedding at The Fairway Tavern on the 15 th March 2013. All I can say is WOW. amazing setting, beautiful room. and food was wonderful. I will say it is the best wedding I every been to. If you are getting married then this is the place to go to

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We got married at the Fairway Tavern on the 15th March 2013, What an outstanding job was done by Clare and her Team. I Can only describe the venue as a fairytale, the decor and the attention to detail that was paid was remarkable. We arrived at the venue 1 hour early due to the weather, but this didn't faze any of the staff. The venue with the marquee lining is stunning and would recommend this to any brides to be out there.
As for the meal, we went for the trial and were blown away by the quality, not expecting the same on the day, all I can say is that the food was exactly the same as we tried if not better.
I cannot recommend this venue highly enough, and would us again without hesitation.
Clare and her Team are outstanding and made mine and my husbands day one to really remember. thanks.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I spent one nite here. Things were fine. My only criticism is that the check-in area is hard to find. Check-in and -out are done in the bar area.

The surroundings are beautiful and I'm sorry I didn't have more time to walk around and enjoy the countryside.

The rooms are small and basic but very clean and functional. Bed was very comfortable.

The bar area is over the rooms but I had no problems with noise. There is a good selection of beers. I had breakfast there and it was cooked to order and was fine.

I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We got married at The Fairway Tavern on the 15th September 2012. We could not fault a single thing! Venue is perfect. Food was amazing. Staff were exceptional. Rooms were clean,comfortable and all have stunning views! Breakfast was tasty. In one word FLAWLESS!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Holden220
Reviewed 28 January 2013

on the 18th august 2012 i was married at the fairway tavern.for me this was the best day of my life from start to finish.The venue was outstanding the staff were amazing the food was incredible.we married in the garden,and i must say again everything looked so beautiful,there was nothing that clare and her staff had left out.we aslo stayed there with all our family,and again was very happy with the standard of all the rooms they were very clean,and best of all the view was so lovely.the package we took was outstanding value for money and was thoughtless through out the day.I would like to say a big thank you to clare and her amazing staff,i didnt have to worry about a thing, i would recommend this to anyone who's looking for a venue with a friendly family atmosphere.

Room Tip: looking on to golf course