“Great hotel, staff friendly”

Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel is in the middle of a housing estate and a surprise indeed. Try to get a room on the top floor at the back to enjoy the fields below. The food is a bit limited and pricy. Plus the BIG TV screen makes the place more like a sports bar. Luckily the Chieftan pub is just down the road! Mind you the bar is open very late for that "last minute nightcap". After a certain time it MUST be charged to your room though. So watch your expense receipts.... The staff are really friendly and I'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank John B
Andrew B, Manager at Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond on tripadvisor.
Our main bar is very popular with its large screen television for football at sporting events.
We have both a bar menu and restaurant menu together with a specials board offered to our diners.
I'm glad that you found my staff helpful and friendly and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and was impressed. Friendly staff, always willing to help. Breakfast was good with quite a variety to choose from. Quiet location too.
Had a challenge paying for cabs with credit card, seems to be a general problem in England though. I'll stay here again definitely.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor,
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and said that you will be back again in the not too distant future

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Ok here are the good points
1. A half board rate for under £100 per night so close to London is excellent value
2. If you like your sport then the bar/lounge will suit you, with a big screen but not too load as to upset anyone
3. Bar/restaurant staff are very friendly, fast, efficient and helpful
And the rest....
1. Very tired looking room. Functional but no more. All woodwork in desperate need of a lick of paint (can't comment on better rooms as I was in a standard room)
2. Food was very average, almost at a "poor pub standard" with anemic almost hard chips or easy cook rubbery rice served with most things.
3. Wi-fi worked for only the first of the three night I was there. On the second night I was told it would be fixed by about 11pm and by the third night I was told it was the service providers fault. No apology was given...even though i did explain that the main reason i chose the hotel was for Wi-fi so i could work in the evenings. The chap on reception did not appear to see it was important.
Would I stay again....No!
3. Wi-fi that only worked for one of the three nights I was there

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

In reply to your comments on tripadvisor, our bedrooms are continuously being decorated and upgraded.
The 66 bar is very popular with big-screen television for football games sporting events which we find that many of our guests enjoyed watching.
We have both a bar menu and restaurant menu also with a large choice of specials of the day displayed on a board.
At the time of your stay we did have problems with our Wi-Fi which is now resolved
I am glad that you found the staff efficient and the half-board rate excellent value.
I hope that you might return to the hotel sometime in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We booked an Executive Studio to stay for 1 night as this was close to Tewin Bury Farm who did not have any rooms available for a party we attended. I will be open and say, never judge a book by its cover. The room we stayed in "Ball" was Newley and tastefully decorated, situated on the ground floor, was very clean and comfortable plus had all the amenities required for a short stay. Tea and Coffee making facilities, plus an option to order and have your breakfast delivered to your room which I thought was a nice touch. All in all I cannot fault our stay and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew B, Manager at Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in our ball suite
the suite is situated in our annex adjacent to the hotel
and has newly been refurbished.
I hope that you might take the opportunity returning to the hotel again in the not too distant future

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We booked this hotel based on location, (our daughter lives nearby) price and tripadvisor reviews.

We were away for a special anniversary. We were very chuffed to discover we were upgraded to a lovely room on the fourth floor. The staff here are all so welcoming, friendly and very efficient too. The hotel is in a very quiet residential area. It was very busy on the evening that we were there but all was quiet outside our room. No noise disturbances. Our room was lovely, really clean and fresh. Great bed. Had a great nights sleep. We didn't have any meals here because we were out with family. - Great places to eat nearby. Will def be staying here in future, when we next go to our daughters. Really pleased we chose The Best Western.

Room Tip: The fourth floor has the upgraded rooms. Really quiet up there too.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our executive rooms.
I'm sorry that you did not managed to dine with us on this occasion but I hope that when you return which you say you will you will remedy this point.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed here for one night only as we were attending a wedding nearby. Initially surprised at the location,as it seemed to be in the heart of a housing estate, but it proved to be a quiet area. The hotel itself was hopelessly clean, tastefully furnished, as were the bedrooms, and the staff were very helpful and polite. Our room as I said, was tastefully furnished, spotless clean, and the bathroom was excellent. Bed was comfortable, and the room was warm and draught free. My only criticism is that soundproofing is poor, and we could hear people using the toilet and flushing it. Other than that, it was a quiet location, and I would use this hotel again. We didn't partake of breakfast on this occasion, so cannot comment on that aspect.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found my staff polite and pleasant.
The rooms comfortable and clean and I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Also consider these accommodations in or near Welwyn Garden City
Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel
Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City H...
#2 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City
Premier Inn Hatfield Hotel
Beales Hatfield Hotel
Beales Hatfield Hotel
#1 of 6 in Hatfield

Been to Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel? Share your experiences!