“for those who... hate hotels ;)”

Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel
Suchedniow, Poland
“for those who... hate hotels ;)”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I strongly recommend this hotel to those of you who dislike staying away from home. Why? It's simple. When you open the door and enter the room, you instantly feel ... well, comfortable and at ease, as if you were entering your own bedroom. The hotel does not impose itself on you, it kind of cooperates from the very beginning. Clean? Yes. Comfortable? Yes. Nice decor? Yes. But it's more than that. It's the feeling of being a long-expected guest, someone from the family. I especially liked the signs, that language used for communication between the guest and the hotel staff. No stiff : "Do not disturb". Instead, you can place on your doorknob a polite request: "Shhh, I'm sleeping..." Much nicer, isn't it? And then the staff, polite and helpful, aways ready to do their best so that you will find your stay really enjoyable. Well done!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Andrew B, Manager at Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time in responding on trip advisor
I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel a home from home
I am pleased that you found my staff very helpful and friendly and your bedroom
clean and cosy.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Polish first
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had an overnight stay here with dinner & breakfast during a trip to London. The hotel appeared to be situated in the middle of a housing estate. However it was an extremely quiet & peaceful stay. The staff were very friendly, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel was spotlessly clean. The beds were comfortable. We had an excellent dinner & buffet breakfast. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew B, Manager at Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and the food accommodation and service was to your liking
Walsall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Had to have a one night stay for business in welwyn a few weeks ago and the only hotel I could get into was the BestWestern. I did have a quick look at recent reviews and some pictures and had to confess contemplating sleeping in my car instead.. However put aside the fact the hotel looks like a converted 1950's council building, it's in the middle of a council estate and without sat nav I fear you would never find it I have to give this full marks. The room I had was small but spotlessly clean, the bathroom was good with a great shower and the bar meal I had was good value and very good quality. ALL the staff were really nice and even though the hotel was full the service was quick and courteous. A lesson to all of us that travel a lot, before you decide to kip in your car, give it a try and if the service is good and the place is clean you can't go wrong. When next in welwyn I'll definitely be booking a room here again..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Matt W
Thank you for taking the time in responding on trip advisor
I'm glad that you did not have to spend the night in your car
and instead took the opportunity of staying at the hotel.
I'm pleased that you found the food and service to your liking
and am delighted that you will consider returning to us when you visit Welwyn garden city again
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

As a business woman travelling alone I found the hotel very comfortable, and I was happy to sit in the lounge area. the staff were very friendly and professional and could not have been more kind and helpful. The food was well priced and arrived promptly. I will certainly be staying again on my next trip to the area.

Room Tip: Book an executive room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for responding on tripadvisor
I am pleased as a woman alone on business you found the hotel
friendly and accommodating and the food excellent
I hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I agree with some of the comments made below with regards to the unprofessional manner of the manager. We had the same sort of rudeness when we visited a few months ago. Uncommunicative, abrupt and not the sort of person I want to deal with when visiting a hotel on business or for pleasure. The hotel is OK, I wouldn't visit again, no point discussing other points as the rudeness is enough to put anyone off. Having worked in the industry myself it's actually far easier to be polite to people and just friendly..ho hum...No wi-fi, although advertised. Just not particularly professional or, more importantly, personable on just a human level.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SnipsUK
Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
I don't know who you are referring to is regards to the manager
certainly we try to assist in accommodate all the requirements of our guest
we have in the past have had some problems with our Internet connection
but I am glad to say that this has now been rectified
I hope that you might give us another try and with this in mind I hope to welcome back to the hotel in the not too distant future
Also consider these accommodations in or near Welwyn Garden City
Holiday Inn Express St. Albans - M25, Jct. 22
Sopwell House
Sopwell House
#3 of 10 in St Albans

Been to Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel? Share your experiences!