“Best Western Homestead Court Hotel, Welwyn Garden City,”

BEST WESTERN Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
“Best Western Homestead Court Hotel, Welwyn Garden City,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

A lovely surprise to find such a high standard of accommodation and service. The strange part is the hotel is in the middle of a housing estate! Ask for the history when you stay. I was here on business and was upgraded to the Bridal Suite which was at the top of the hotel with lovely views over the playing fields. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

1 Thank Jackie F
Andrew B, Manager at BEST WESTERN Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time in responding on trip advisor.
I note that we have upgraded you to the honey suite during your recent stay.
This suite has views over the playing fields adjacent to the hotel, however many of our bedrooms overlook the gardens of the hotel and other rooms also overlook the playing fields.
I'm glad that you say that we definitely staying with us again as I look forward to welcoming to the hotel in the not too distant future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Polish first
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

As mentioned by other reviews the exterior is not very inspiring but inside the hotel is really quite pleasant. I have stayed here twice on business, the first time just one night and because of this stay I was quite happy to return for a two night stay. The bedrooms were very clean and a reasonable size with tea & coffee making facilities provided. The bed was very comfortable and a good size. The TV had all the Freeview channels and was situated on the wall so that it was just right for watching while in bed.
I stayed on half board both visits and the buffet breakfast was excellent, plenty of everything and all good quality.
There is a nice garden area and the bar and restaurant look out over it.
I had dinner in the bar on my first stay and the first night of the second as there was a reasonable bar menu to choose from, on the last night I decided to use the restaurant but upon arriving the was a notice to say the restaurant was closed, it turns out for a coach party that was arriving mid evening, unfortunately no-one had communicated this and so I had to use the bar again but I ordered the beef medallions and my disappointment was short lived as they were absolutely delicious!
If I needed to stay in the area again whether on business or for pleasure I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Homestead Lodge.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank simatsunshine
Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found your bedroom comfortable, clean
with all the facilities that you would want.
As you say our restaurant and bar overlooks our Terrace and rose gardens
and at this time the year are on full bloom.
I note that you ate both in our restaurant and bar and found both menus enjoyable
I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future
Suchedniow, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I strongly recommend this hotel to those of you who dislike staying away from home. Why? It's simple. When you open the door and enter the room, you instantly feel ... well, comfortable and at ease, as if you were entering your own bedroom. The hotel does not impose itself on you, it kind of cooperates from the very beginning. Clean? Yes. Comfortable? Yes. Nice decor? Yes. But it's more than that. It's the feeling of being a long-expected guest, someone from the family. I especially liked the signs, that language used for communication between the guest and the hotel staff. No stiff : "Do not disturb". Instead, you can place on your doorknob a polite request: "Shhh, I'm sleeping..." Much nicer, isn't it? And then the staff, polite and helpful, aways ready to do their best so that you will find your stay really enjoyable. Well done!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time in responding on trip advisor
I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel a home from home
I am pleased that you found my staff very helpful and friendly and your bedroom
clean and cosy.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had an overnight stay here with dinner & breakfast during a trip to London. The hotel appeared to be situated in the middle of a housing estate. However it was an extremely quiet & peaceful stay. The staff were very friendly, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel was spotlessly clean. The beds were comfortable. We had an excellent dinner & buffet breakfast. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew B, Manager at BEST WESTERN Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and the food accommodation and service was to your liking
Walsall, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Had to have a one night stay for business in welwyn a few weeks ago and the only hotel I could get into was the BestWestern. I did have a quick look at recent reviews and some pictures and had to confess contemplating sleeping in my car instead.. However put aside the fact the hotel looks like a converted 1950's council building, it's in the middle of a council estate and without sat nav I fear you would never find it I have to give this full marks. The room I had was small but spotlessly clean, the bathroom was good with a great shower and the bar meal I had was good value and very good quality. ALL the staff were really nice and even though the hotel was full the service was quick and courteous. A lesson to all of us that travel a lot, before you decide to kip in your car, give it a try and if the service is good and the place is clean you can't go wrong. When next in welwyn I'll definitely be booking a room here again..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Matt W
Thank you for taking the time in responding on trip advisor
I'm glad that you did not have to spend the night in your car
and instead took the opportunity of staying at the hotel.
I'm pleased that you found the food and service to your liking
and am delighted that you will consider returning to us when you visit Welwyn garden city again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Welwyn Garden City
Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel
Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City H...
#2 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City
Premier Inn Hatfield Hotel
The White Hart Hotel
The White Hart Hotel
#1 of 2 in Welwyn

Been to BEST WESTERN Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel? Share your experiences!