“Will definitely stay again!”

Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Will definitely stay again!”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

With stark contrast to the review I have just read we stayed at the Best Western last weekend and have to say we couldn't have been catered for any better. We have a 20 month old baby and were given a choice of cot as they could offer the standard travel cot style or a bigger wooden cot which looked very comfortable. We opted for the travel cot which looked brand new and was John lewis so we felt comfortable that our baby was able to sleep safely! Our room was a suite which had a little kitchen in it which was handy with having a baby with us. The room was full of little touches that i would not expect in a 3 star hotel such as dressing gowns, fresh fruit plus tea & coffee making facilities. The room was deadly quiet which again was hugely important to us with the little one and the bed comfy and lovely good quality bedding. In the morning we went down to breakfast which was very nice indeed, a great selection, everything piping hot and amazing sausages lol! The hotel owner even introduced himself to us which was a nice touch and enquired to see if we had enjoyed our stay.
All in all I'd say this is great hotel to stay in and in many aspects is punching above its three stars!! We'll be back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank teamrace
Andrew B, Manager at Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found my staff helpful and attentive. You enjoyed the use of the bathrobes tea coffee making facilities. And you found the bedroom very comfortable.
I am delighted that you say that you will be back staying with us again soon and I look forward to welcoming you when you do.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Polish first
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Made a reservation at this hotel for my friends wedding and then cancelled, within the time constraints to not get a cancellation charge, due to finding out im pregnant so no longer needing a room because I wouldn't be drinking. When I cancelled the room I was told that no such booking existed, nothing under my name or contact number so no conformation was sent as they said they cant confirm something that doesn't exist! After the wedding I then noticed a payment taken from the hotel. I obviously called to complain and was repeatedly told by a member of staff that the general manager had to deal with this and they would get back to me. No one ever got back to me! After repeatedly calling I finally got to speak to the general manager. The general manager of this hotel is an extremely rude and un professional man. He shouted and spoke very disrespectfully to me and has basically said he will not do anything about this!! I am now trying to deal with best western directly to get my money back. Everyone I have spoken to at this hotel has lied to me, from telling me they dont have a booking, then telling me they are looking into it for me. Don't book here!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Daisy F
Further to this lady’s comments on Tripadvisor, when she writes she cancelled the room, she firmly booked with us, and that she had contacted a Lady receptionist. My reception team, who by the way, comprise of only men, were unable to find any cancellation or communication to this effect whatsoever.
Having spoken to this Lady myself, she could not inform me
1. When she had cancelled,
2. Was unable to give me any cancellation number, which we always without fail issue, when guest cancel.
3. She bluntly refused to give any type of evidence, to prove she cancelled.
Given the above facts, we, not unreasonably, kept the room all night, exclusively for this lady, and therefore we are correctly within our rights to charge this lady for the room, as we lost the income from selling it to other customers, this is perfectly in line with all international Hotel Policies.
We not only lost the room sale, but also the opportunity of selling food and drink and etc. to other potential customer.
We can understand and sympathise, that the lady is unhappy, and hence her above derogative comments. But we do feel it’s very unfair on us, for her to take out her disappointment of failing to cancel the room she admits booking, but did not cancel
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Amazing and enthusiastic staff, hotel very well presented , extremely impressed. Sports bar comfortable , outside garden and seating areas brilliant , very reasonable prices, ample parking, very clean in all areas

Room Tip: Hurst suite which in the executive studios building very nice
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
I am glad that you enjoyed the Hurst suite and found my staff professional ,helpful and attentive
I am pleased that you enjoyed our bar facilities and made use of the Terrace and rose gardens
I hope that I have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future.
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

16th of August, in this hotel there was my organised afternoon tea, in support for Breast Cancer Care. I am very pleased that i choose excactly this place, because event manager gave me a lot of professional and valued advices, that my organised event would go smoothly. Along with the quest's there were also a few children, and hotels garden fitted perfectly for that. Food was just excellent, and week after that, i'm still getting good feedbacks from my event quests.

Ausra K.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Aušra K
Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
and I am glad that your charitable event went so well and that our events manager
was professional and helpful.
I hope you will consider us again when choosing a venue for such an event
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I stay at the best western homestead court quite regularly when I work in the area. As a solo female traveller I would not stay anywhere else. The staff are always attentive and welcoming, the rooms are lovely, I usually stay on the top floor, the executive rooms, excellent standard and the food is comforting after a hard day. I have recommended this hotel to my colleagues and look forward to staying again soon.
L . Jay

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
I'm glad that you found your room comfortable and our staff helpful and attentive
as well as enjoying the food in the hotel during your stay.
It is so nice that you say that you recommend the hotel to your colleagues
I hope that we may be to welcome you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed here for one night,hotel is a bit tatty,went down one stair case and found a big area of carpet missing,main toilets in reception resemble old school toilets,rooms are a bit dated,all that being said it was ok,the staff could not do enough for you and I highly recomend the breakfast,its first rate!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
we do in fact have an ongoing programme of refurbishment
I'm glad that you found staff helpful and attentive and I was pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your breakfast.
I hope that we might be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future
Dorset
Reviewed 20 August 2014

stayed here as part of a trip organized by Newmarket Travel, Quiet location, not near the town centre. Reception staff were very pleasant and the bar looked quite welcoming, although we didnt use it. Rooms ok, just standard 3 star, breakfast was very disappointing, as we were part of a group we had a continental breakfast only provided and once they ran out of croissants etc they were not replenished. Overall not too bad for a one night stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Caza53
Andrew B, Manager at Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and found the accommodation to your liking
welcoming bar with helpful staff.
As far as breakfast is concerned this was booked by your tour operator on a continental basis only.
I hope if you are visiting the area I hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Welwyn Garden City
Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel
Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City H...
#2 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City
Premier Inn Hatfield Hotel
The White Hart Hotel
The White Hart Hotel
#1 of 2 in Welwyn

Been to Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel? Share your experiences!