“A wonderful restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“A wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My wife and I were married in Tewin Bury Farm in July 2011 but had never visited the restaurant. Given the incredible standard of the food at our wedding, we decided to remedy this on my 40th birthday in June. I'm glad we did.

The surroundings are still spectacular, parking is easy (even though there were two weddings being held) and the staff are still as good as I've experienced anywhere.

The food really was exceptional. For starters we both had the black pudding poached egg. I like to considerate myself something of a black pudding connoisseur (no, really) and I was very, very impressed with it in scotch egg form. As a main, I had the brilliant pork belly dish, while my wife had the sea bass. Again, both were outstanding. Throughout the service was helpful while unobtrusive. The cost, while by no means cheap, was very reasonable given the high standard of the food and the setting.

We'll definitely be going back. Tewin Bury Farm just seems to get everything right.

2 Thank RichardGardham
BWalsh2011, Front Office Manager at Williams Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant, it is always lovely to see our past brides & grooms returning to us!

We were very pleased to read your enjoyed your lunch with us (and even more pleased to received such praise from a black pudding connoisseur) and hope that we will see you back here again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hendon, London United Kingdom
“Family reunoin lunch”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

First visit here and absolutely wonderful. Food excellent. What could be better than a 3 course meal with a large glass of wine for £15. Very good choice on menu,served beautifully and staff very friendly.Will definitely be goin back.

1 Thank AnnSmith2013
BWalsh2011, Front Office Manager at Williams Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for your very kind review, our 2 course lunch with a glass of wine has proved very popular and will continue during the Summer so we hope to see you back again soon.
Bloemendaal, The Netherlands
“Excellent food but...”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were recently taken here by friends and very much enjoyed the food. The menu offered a variety of attractive sounding dishes and the ingredients and the cooking were of a high standard - and at a very reasonable price.
I wish I could say the same of the serving staff. One young man was quite friendly, but the other two were arrogant and off hand. Conversations were loudly interrupted when the waitress wanted to announce something ; tables and dishes were cleared away in a very noisy manner ; a forgotten glass of wine eventually appeared with no hint of an apology. Since this was also the comment of a previous customer, I suggest the management needs to look into this area ; the kitchen itself needs no investigation.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Brian A
BWalsh2011, Front Office Manager at Williams Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our restaurant. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent meal with us. Where possible our Executive Chef selects seasonal, local produce of the highest standard to create our menus. I am so sorry to hear that you were kept waiting for your wine and that in some cases our service fell below the standard you expected. I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to our Management Team. We do hope that if you are in the local area again that you will visit us and allow us the opportunity to improve your experience with us next time.
London, United Kingdom
“Best afternoon tea EVER ”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

After reading the review below I felt I needed to put a review in myself.
I came here a few weeks back for afternoon tea with some girlfriends. What a outstanding place. Not only is it a beautiful setting, the cakes were outstanding and The home made scone were to die for. Hats off to the chefs.
From the moment we walked in we were very welcome. The lady who severed us (charlotte) was funny, polite and efficient. She made our experience memorable. I have been to many places for afternoon tea and I would say this is among the best. I will be returning ASAP.

2 Thank Evian15
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent afternoon tea experience. I am delighted to hear that you and your girlfriends enjoyed your afternoon tea with us. I am so pleased that you found time to explore our beautiful grounds and gardens. I am glad that Charlotte looked after you so well and that you enjoyed our scones; I will certainly pass on your comments to Charlotte and our Executive Chef. We hope to welcome you back very soon.
Welwyn, United Kingdom
“Lovely food. Terrible service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

As a loyalty member and regular customer, I was very disappointed with my experience here today. My partner and I went for lunch and we both felt the service by the lady in charge was very poor - sullen, bullish and as if we were something on the bottom of her shoe. We had just come from a business meeting and we were looking forward to the usual friendly and smiling welcome we have got in the past from the usually excellent staff. A really rubbish experience today and sadly I don't think I can be bothered to go back.
Mrs H

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mr_MrsHH2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of our restaurant. I am pleased to hear that you are a regular customer and a member of our loyalty card scheme. However I am saddened to hear that on this occasion you did not feel that our service met our normally high standard. As a loyal customer we hope that you will visit us again in the future.