“Amazing.”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We went for a family dinner to The Don, and let me tell you, the Name is on par with the restaurant itself as everything had a cool, slick almost Godfather look to it making the whole place look out of place rather belonging to a scene from the Mid-1920s in America.
Now despite the restaurant being busy we were still looked after and attentively taken care of by the welcoming staff who made us feel very comfortable and looked after. I had heard much about this Restaurants Famous Dansak chicken to which i decided to give it a try. It is single handedly one of the best dishes i have ever tasted in my life and i honestly was blown away by its pure exotic taste which reflected much of what Indian food really is like. All in all great food, great service and great place. Will definitely come back (if we get seats) my suggestion is to book in advance.

There are newer reviews for The Don

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We regularly visit the don and the food is always really good. It's good value for money and prompt, friendly service. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Don't let the small town location make you think you can't find big city quality. I found The Don to be very refreshing to go to. Their enthusiasm and genuine desire to provide all patrons with a memorable dinner. Very clean. Nice ambiance. Friendly & prompt service. Exceptional quality of food. Great price. Will definitely return!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We decided to grab a takeaway from The Don as it had been recommended and thought we would give it a go as opposed to our usual Neem Tree.

Woodhall itself is a total dump, load of wrong'uns and chavvy little scroats hanging about outside the restaurant and shops.

Entering The Don first thing I noticed was that the floor was pretty filthy, was a Saturday night to be fair but still it didn't make a decent impression. I had to wait an extra 15 minutes for my order and when we got home one of the orders was wrong.

The food was ok. The mains were quite oily and don't seem to use the natural ingredients that the Neem Tree uses.

All in all we weren't overly impressed but the food was not a disaster either.

1  Thank usernameHerts
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Last night was our first time eating at The Don and we will return the food was very good ...At first we could hear the Football on the TV in the other part of the restaurant but soon the Indian music started to play in our side so that made it good. Our waiters were very concerned that we were ok and we were even given a complementary drink at the end of our meal.I would say one of the best Indians we have been to.
Christine.