“Excellent food”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2018

We visited this restaurant last Friday evening. The restaurant was quite busy for an early Friday evening visit in August during the school holidays. The service was good, the staff were very attentive. The food was excellent. I have had many curries in my time, here in the UK, and some in India too, but I have to say this was possibly the best I have had. The food was beautifully presented, full of vibrant colours, was authentic and tasted wonderful. The chicken, meat and prawns, in the dishes that we ordered were all cooked well, were tender and tasty. We will definitely be back for more.

1  Thank localgal_12

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We visited the restaurant on a weekday evening and the place was empty.. 1 couple left as we entered. Despite being the only people in the restaurant we found service to be extremely slow. Food was definitely nothing special. For dessert we ordered gajjar halwa and waited almost an hour for it to arrive. When it did... it was not gajjar halwa... it was semolina with bits of boiled carrot in it. If they had just told us they had run out of that dessert we would have ordered something else but it took them so long to come up with something that did not remotely resemble gajjar halwa.

By this point we were fed up of the disappointing evening and because we were the only ones in the restaurant I did not want my husband to get into a disagreement with them so we decided to pay and leave.

We said bye as we were leaving but were completely ignored by the 3 members of staff.

Very disappointed by the food and service. The only plus side was that its a nice looking restaurant. Would not visit again and definitely would not recommend.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

There are two Indian restaurants along this road of which the Don is the largest. The food here is definitely better but as a result there is a slight premium on the prices. It's a good restaurant in a below average location.

1  Thank Gavin P
Reviewed 31 July 2018

I order takeout from The Don every 2 weeks or so because the quality of food is just that good. I have never been to a competitor since discovering The Don. I order a variety of vegetable dishes, rice, salad and sundries which are always fresh, hot and tasty when I collect. Fantastic Indian, and I always see people dining in.

1  Thank Primadonnapeach
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

This is a good traditional English style cuury house . Nice and modern with attentive staff although I was there on a weekday.

1  Thank Roland B