“Amazing value”

Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing value”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This really was like a four star hotel without the price tag, exceptionally clean and comfortable, staff were very friendly and I would recommend highly to anyone staying in the area. As a family we all enjoyed our stay and will be going back as we all thought it was just like home.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I love that this Hotel offered guests free Wi-Fi (which was just a trail service they were doing.) The service is fantastic, there's a flat screen tv, a working fan & the room was praticually spotless. The cleaners were very polite & held doors open for us. I was impressed by their customer service skills.

However the beds were too uncomfortable for me (as I have a bad back.) We were told on the phone that they had memory foam mattresses but there weren't any. We did complain & got a refund so I am grateful for their customer service.

I didn't find it noisy like other reviews but my room faced the main car park so I recommend picking that one.

I would visit again if I had to but only if the Hotel still provided free Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: Pick a room that overlooks the main car park. I didn't hear much noise at all.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review.
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We booked this to visit mum as our usual place to stay was not available. It suited us as we only needed a room and no meals. This hotel is practical, efficient and comfortable. Now does free WI-Fi - good - although only on trial. We had a room at the back which was quiet. Not sure if rooms at front would be as our suitcase made a noise on the car park. Corridor was very long, with stairs and lift at one end only - check where your room is if you don't want a long walk. Hotel was on offer, so we got a good deal. Otherwise I think it is expensive for room only.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Excellent value for money, the room was clean and modern the only thing that let it down was the doors seemed to slam even when you tried to close them slowly, but that is a minor irritation.
I certainly would recommend this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to use it again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The standards of housekeeping at this hotel are exceptional - better than some 5-star hotels I have stayed in. The staff were friendly and helpful, the hotel was ideally situated for my purpose, and we were able to arrange a very large table for a family re-union in the evening. Only downside was breakfast - not quite as good as it used to be.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jacqueline T
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed here on business for two nights recently and it was pretty much as you would expect, as it was warm in the hotel, no AC but they kindly left a fan in the room which was very handy on both nights.
The breakfast in the morning was pretty much as you expect from Premier hits the spot every time.
I do have one gripe and that was on my final morning, the night before I had work on into the night to get reports written and sent knowing next morning I could lay in till about 9:00 am as I didnt have to be at the airport till lunch time, yea well thats what I thought.
Between 7:30 and 7:45 clatter clatter, bang bang, natter natter , the polish chambermaids started right outside my door and woke me up.
The amazing thing is that there are posters everywhere telling you to shush because its a quiet zone, oh really tell the maids that .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jimbo367
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Until this place gets air con in the rooms avoid it if the night time temperature is going to require you to open a window or use the fan provided.
We baked. The fan would only point at the floor and room 234 looks out on to the mainline to London so ridiculously noisy till late and then from very early.
Reception staff great, beefeater staff clueless. Breakfast was a farce, you'd have thought they'd never done it before. They ran out of tea cups, then coffee mugs then various items of the below average buffet breakfast.
Only redeeming feature of the whole experience was the good nights sleep guarantee. The number of refunds that were being given must have made the last weekend in July one of the least profitable Premier must have had at Welwyn. Premier Inn - shut it down in install air con !!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank markfairweather
WhitbreadHotels, Online customer service at Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Welwyn Garden City
Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel
Best Western Welwyn Garden City ...
#3 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City
Premier Inn Hatfield Hotel
The White Hart Hotel
The White Hart Hotel
#1 of 2 in Welwyn

Been to Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel? Share your experiences!