“Ok food, nice staff”

Price range: US$40 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Was in Burnham for a midweek football game, and noticed this restaurant was open, so decided to try as i had parked my car outside on the road.
The restauarant was empty (6.30 on a Tuesday evening) only 1 other client came in whilst i eat and he was in for a takeout.
The service was very prompt and polite.
To start with i ordered an onion bhaji, so when 3 large onion bhaji's came i was shocked. They were very good, i only had 2 of them as they were large and didnt want to ruin my main course.
The main meal arrived about 10 minutes after my starter had been taken away. I had ordered a chicken and mushroom balti, plain rice and a naan. The curry was very small and lacked flavour, it was far too bland and wasn't very good, the naan was ok as was the rice. Nothing really special to write home about.
The cost was £15 which wasnt too bad for a starter and main meal.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Unique Spices is the best Indian Restuarant in Burnham Hig Street. The food is cooked to perfection, and the staff are friendly and welcoming. You are always offered complimentary drinks at the end of your stay,

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I love this restaurant, the food is always delicious, the staff are extremely welcoming what more do you want from an indian restaurant its perfect. Visit on a Wednesday Night its great value for money at a set price for any starter, main dish, rice, side and naan. You may need to book though its very popular.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

This restaurant is our 2nd favourite in Burnham, the food is good, but just a little more expensive than our favourite restaurant! We're veggies and our kids love sharing the vegetarian Thali!

The restaurant also has a dancefloor in a room at the back of the restaurant and it has been known on a quiet night for our kids to persuade them to put the disco music on for them and they go off and play whilst we relax over our meal a bit longer!

1  Thank AGT123
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I have been here many times with family and friends. The restaurant is inviting and staff are very friendly and helpful, it is a place you can unwind and relax. The food use to be of a high standard up to the end of last year but regrettably the quality has become impaired. As reviewer "Deena5" found, as I, the chicken tikka and lamb pasanda was very tough and chewy with no taste to the meat, definitely not marinaded but thrown together. Has the chef changed, I wonder? I certainly will not going back for a number of months and I hope the chefs skills have improved by then! Meanwhile in search for something better.