“Pleasent and friendly”

Ranked #5 of 16 Slough B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Pleasent and friendly”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I stopped here for a couple of nights during a business trip to slough. First impressions were that the surrounding area looked a little dodgy but in fact the people were friendly. The lodge itself was very nice and the garden was pleasant, (especially on a nice summers day) to relax in. The lodge doesn't do evening meal but that is not an issue as there are many take aways near by. The breakfast was very nice and made to order which is a nice touch. The staff are very friendly and kind.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Furnival Lodge is great. The welcome was warm and friendly. The room and en-suite were squeaky clean if not a little tired in appearance but the shower was very powerful - lovely.
The breakfast was also good. Great price and good value all round. Will stay again if the need arises.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I wasn't sure what to expect when I drove down the road but furnival lodge is a little gem. I got the warmest, friendliest welcome I have received in a long time and I use a lot of hotels. I was shown around to get my bearings, there is a communal area to relax and free wifi throughout. There are no evening meals but plenty of takeaways nearby and slough central is close but you could always use the excellent cooking facilities that are provided. The room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. The curtains were heavy and so blocked out the sunlight which aided a very good nights sleep on a summer evening in a very comfy bed. Places like this beat the big corporate chains anytime, ok you may not have all the modern luxury facilities but you get value for money, comfort, service and that counts for a lot these days. I will see you again furnival lodge and thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last week, the room was lovely and breakfast was fine. The surrounding area has lots of choice for takeaway but the notice on the wall asks that you refrain from eating in the room!
I'm sure guests must still smuggle their food in...
Would definitely book this hotel again, no complaints x

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karla Azania B
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed on a training trip to Slough for a night. Welcome was warm and friendly. Although there was a slight problem with what we booked it was quickly sorted. The rooms were basic but perfect for what we needed. They were clean, tidy, warm and comfortable.
Would have been nice to have tea and coffee in the room but it was available in the common room for us to use freely.

Breakfast was fine and we had a lovely service from the cook!
I must say the shower was lovely :) could do with some toiletries in the bathroom as an option.

We would defiantly go back for a similar trip. Perfect for business trips.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed here for 1 night last night on business and didn't arrive until very late at night. On arrival the gentleman greeted me and was very welcoming, showed me to my room, no idle chit chat which I appreciated after a very long day. The room was warm, comfortable and a great shower to start the next day, followed up by a very nicely served breakfast. I'd recommend this place to anybody wanting a comfortable stay and I would definitely return there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Citygent1972
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My stay at the Furnival Lodge, Slough, England was good, Its warm and friendly. I enjoyed my time staying at the Furnival Lodge, Slough, England and would defiantly like to go back. I was pleased with the service.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Pinewood Hotel
Pinewood Hotel
#13 of 21 in Slough

Been to Furnival Lodge? Share your experiences!