“Nice Hotel close to the terminal”

Holiday Inn Express London - Heathrow T5
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed here during a business trip to London.
This is a nice hotel which is located very conveniently to the Heathrow airport.
The Front desk was pleasant and always with a smile.
Room service is good and prompt.
The room and everything was neat and clean and well appointed.The lobby is nice.Nice view from my room.
I will definitely repeat my stay here in future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Nice new build, friendly staff, rooms decent, breakfast was fine. Location is great for Legoland, it took us about half an hour by car in rush hour (it's an hour on the bus but easy enough). Supermarket and petrol station opposite. Couldn't hear traffic or planes from our room and we were facing the road. Child friendly. Would come back for under £100 a night.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sclv
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed one night between returning from Amsterdam and flying back to the US the next day. The room was ample, clean, and quiet. The breakfast was fine for my needs.

The room smelled strongly of Febreze when I came in, but either the fan took care of it, or I stopped noticing.

While there were lots of kids present at breakfast, I hadn't seen or heard them up until then. I guess that families and business travelers are placed in different parts of the hotel, which was great for me as a business traveler.

There's a bus called the "Hotel Hoppa" to take you from Heathrow to the hotel, which costs 8GBP roundtrip. I'd not seen that before, since in the US, hotel shuttles either are provided free by the hotel, or they don't exist. This hotel is on route H5.

Room Tip: Upper floor away from the road and elevators
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here on business for 1 night. Firstly, it is nowhere near T5 (it is the T 1-3 Junction off M25. Having said that, the hotel is a very good example of HI Express. Staff were excellent throughout. Ate in the restaurant on site (not much else around) and found the food to be good quality and value. Breakfast was usual Hi Express (no bacon) and easy access the following morning to the motorway. I have Platinum IHG rewards membership which isn't of a benefit in this hotel. This is a great hotel if the price is right but if not, there are many other options in the area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Heathrow T5, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear GA1504,

Thank you for being one of our IHG Rewards Platinum members and your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am delighted to know that you found our staff and breakfast selection to be highly commendable.

I am sorry we fell below your expectations regarding the IHG Rewards perks. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here as part of a deal for Legoland.

The check in was a breeze and very customer focused.

Room was big. Easily fitting the double and double sofa bed and it was spotless.

Air con in the room - a real bonus.

Dinner choice of two restaurants. We went English - other option was Italian. Very prompt service, food was to a very good standard and the kids ate free.

Had a good nights sleep before heading to breakfast.

Fully inclusive breakfast - again to a good standard - plenty of food available and very helpful Holiday Inn staff.

Check out a doddle - and the kids were made to feel special as they let them help check in and out.

Special mention to Jeremy who helped us with menu etc on Thursday evening. Very patient and again really made us and the children feel valued.

Can't fault it. Will be back.

Room Tip: If you want to spot planes (the kids wanted to) you need the back of the hotel. It's on a very b...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wattsy1972
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We booked the Legoland deal and stayed at this hotel. I have come home today, so I am able to give an up to date review and I am struggling to find good things to say... The room (183) was very clean, bed satisfactory, the sofa bed was quite uncomfortable. First night the heat in the room was intolerable, we have two young kids and my daughter who is 3 was coughing hell of a lot due to the clammy heat, the air con would only go down to 16oC and was absolutely pathetic. I went down to the front desk to ask for a fan and the lad was fantastic, he said he would look for one straight away and brought it to our room within 10mins, helped a bit but still quite clammy. All the staff were brilliant it has to be said. The Italian restaurant on site was nice, food was good, 35 min wait because I presume they forgot us, people ordering after us and served way before us, two hungry kids disturbing other customers crying/moaning was not appreciated and embarrassed us, but when the food came it was really nice. Second night we sampled the other restaurant where kids eat free, curry was average, my cod was NOT COOKED, literally RAW in batter. Lucky I noticed this as I could have had a serious stomach bug, was hard to miss the bloody thing was stone cold in the middle, they replaced it, apologised and gave us free desert, I suspect chef had not checked temp of fryer and dropped the fish in too soon. Bit of advice, we paid £34 when kids ate free, in the Italian restaurant we paid £45 for the four of us, so its worth the extra £10 as its much better. The free breakfast was the best part of it, no bacon both mornings but plenty of sausage, beans and scrambled eggs. Lots of fresh fruit and yoghurt and pastries which were all delicious. I know it gets very busy during breakfast/dinner service but it really annoys me when staff clear half a table whilst a person is still eating. I seen this happen a few times. All in all the hotel is spotless, staff friendly, rooms clammy, but the hotel could be so much better. For the reasons above I have to mark it down. Would probably look for a different hotel next time I am in the area. Which is a shame.

Room Tip: Check the beds are comfy, and the air con is working and blowing air when you arrive, if not ask fro...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Heathrow T5, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear WelshladMatt,

Ben J

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

The family rooms are double beds and very uncomfortable and unsafe sofa beds (metal frame is showing and a kid can easily roll in and get trapped). Do not go if you want to sleep well. Unhelpful and overworked staff. Kids playing area is in the middle of dining area and very, very small. Old broken toys and 1 xbox with 1 remote. Food is poor quality and overpriced. Most is frozen and reheated and guests are expected to carry own drinks. Most staff do not understand English (one of the reception staff even asked me to write down what I needed when I asked for extra pillows) and waiters take forever to bring food. Breakfast is appaling: not even teaspoons or hot milk

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nacholand
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Heathrow T5, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Nacholand,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in us and would like to discuss your stay in further details. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your experience. We hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,