“Excellent Value and convenience”

Holiday Inn Express London - Heathrow T5
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We had a very good room and an excellent (for 'free') breakfast that was the best value we had in three months of travelling England and Europe. We would recommend it to anyone and it seems the families already know because children were everywhere. Seriously good value

Room Tip: I got Wifi as I am a member, but I am not sure if the general public do. Ask for rear rooms away fro...
2  Thank Lawrence D
Write a ReviewReviews (2,006)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

It was just an overnight stay, as we were visiting legoland with family, the room was fine equipped with minimal amount of tea/coffee ect. Shower/bathroom lights were poor I found for shaving. Not an easy hotel to find your room, lots of corridors. Reception staff were polite and friendly and check in was quick and trouble free. Now coming to the breakfast and food outlets, breakfast is a buffet style event, finding a table is your first problem, after this you can pick whatever you like from hot food, cereals ect. There was no bacon available when I went up, just scrambled egg sausage and beans.There are two places to eat in the hotel, we went into the Italian style restaurant, I have to say while the food tasted ok, the portions given were extremely small for the price paid, something common at these type of hotels, £9.50 for a small bowl of pasta, £5 for 5 pieces of battered squid as a starter, still leaves you hungry at the end of the meal, and very light in the pocket. Even in London I am sure pasta is not that expensive.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Heathrow T5, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear frankyboy57,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am delighted to hear that you found our staff polite and friendly and check-in experience efficient. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the inconvenience our breakfast service may have caused. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I had a reservation at this hotel and my first impression was good, the entrance and lobby area is very nice and modern. However, when checking in the man who was dealing with me was very reserved, there was barley any interaction with me. I had to ask him about breakfast, dinner and Wi-Fi. I found this very rude he couldn't even smile, the lady on reception kept smiling which made me feel more comfortable. But the room was lovely, very big and nice however the window DID NOT OPEN and ac was broken, I COULD NOT BREATHE. The window was glued shut and the smell of damp and mould was very strong. Unhappy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Heathrow T5, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Irum K,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry that you found our hotel lobby nice and modern and the rooms nice and large. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced in your room and the unsatisfactory service at the front office. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future and provide you with the service you deserve and expect from us.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here for 1 night after a day at Legoland. The staff on reception on the evening of Monday the 4th August were great especially the young trainee girl, I can't remember her name. The two gentlemen working with her were great too! Nothing was too much trouble! Breakfast the next day was lovely, great selection and friendly staff. Overall a great hotel to stay at, would definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We arrived at this hotel after a day at Thorpe park it's about 25 mins drive away hotel on first impressions is very high standard car park was £10 per 24 hours and was very busy car park but always somewhere to park once inside this really didn't disappoint from check in to check out staff friendly and helpful although there seems to be a lot of staff training at present. The room was a good size standard and bathroom comes with a shower only very clean and tidy TV has basic free view channels. Breakfast was sausage scrambled egg and beans tomatoes and all you other basics eg fruit cereal pastries yogurt but considering it's free for all guests then it's a nice little start off for morning I would recommend to stay here also if your using airport due to buses running door to door.
Thanks for a nice stay and hope to stay here again in future kind regards Matthew.
ROOM TIP : ROOMS AT BACK OF HOTEL ARE VERY QUIET AND YOU GET NO NOISE AS AT FROMT ITS A MAIN ROAD ;) !!!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Matthew J
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel is clean and the reception staff greeted us with a warm, happy welcome. The room was a good size, clean with all the amenities you need. We enjoyed a good meal in the pizza restaurant on site, and the staff provided excellent staff, especially the tall, Portugese gentleman who was really friendly and at tentative. He spent time chatting to us and made us feel relaxed,
We had a good comfortable nights sleep and check out at 4.30am in the morning was swift, the member of staff on reception was again very happy and polite.
I would stay here again.

1  Thank Nickie B
Reviewed 10 August 2014

A great place for family and friends , ideally located from heathrow airport. Fantastic and helpful staff, always trying to make your stay pleasant. Rooms have a pleasant ambience, clean bathrooms. A nice restaurant and costa coffe outlet adds to the value..

Room Tip: Rooms towards the entrance has good internet connections..
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business