“OK. Functional but that's about it”

Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Slough
England, United Kingdom
“OK. Functional but that's about it”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife and kids for 1 night before visiting Legoland (only 10 minutes away) for two days.

our bedroom was OK but pillows not his so struggled to sleep.

breakfast was OK but layout of the restaurant poorly designed.

slightly unnerving when you arrive somewhere to be bombarded with notices warning you about crime and not leaving valuables in the car!

overall, adequate but would not return.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear MYView,

Please allow me to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. I am happy to hear that you found your stay adequate to your needs. We are a very passionate team and we only strive for great customer experiences, hence I would welcome the opportunity to provide you with a great experience during you next visit at the hotel. Thank you again for your comments and, as mentioned, my team and I look forward to welcome you back at the hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Korean first
bristol
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night as a on 2 day legoland visit.Leilia on reception v friendly and helpful,the kids got given a colouring inn goody bag on arrival,what a lovely touch.We ate eve meal in hotel,there were plenty of attentive resturant staff,the adult buffet was £17 each and kids ate free,took the buffet because when each substantial main meal on the menu was around £12 the buffet meant better value,even though there wasnt a huge variety there was enough.If u take a drink from the bar and look after ur hard earned pennies look at the prices first,we orderd a glass of rose wine and it cost £7!,serious mark up and complete rip off.We asked for a quiet room and thats what we got which was great.breakfast was lovely.booked the hotel thru legoland and when we checked out we got given a card for car park barrier and didnt have 2 pay 4 parking, bonus! (pay back for rip off wine price! Lol )

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Saturd,

Please allow me to start by thanking you for reviewing your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. As a team we felt very proud while reading your comments and I have personally thanked the team and Leila on your behalf. Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel was nice inside and very clean and the receptionist was helpful on arrival (so it seemed). It is by the station so good location for traveling elsewhere, but I would not stay longer than a few days as it was very loud and disruptive as you could hear the trains through the windows.
The one thing I didn't like was when checking in, no one mentioned about paying for parking so I assumed all ok to drive out and I did ask about this as there was a barrier coming in. However when I checked out the receptionist did not ask if I had a car parked and therefore it was quite a surprise when getting to the barrier that I had to enter a key code. Not easy because of the layout to reverse and go back inside, so I had to ring reception from my car. The gentleman who answered the phone said I had to come back and pay. Crazy when I'm at the barrier, he said he would come out but after a few minutes no one came and clearly could have helped and given the code to me over the phone. Luckily another car was coming behind me so they gave me the code, but I thought this was extremely poor as I had asked about paying when I arrived. The gentleman I spoke too just didn't seem to give too hoots so for the noise and poor service I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from railway station and remember if you park a car get the code before you leave.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank choccyluvver
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear choccyluvver,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. Please accept our apologies for the experience you had with the noise and our parking policy did not live up to your expectations. We also apologize for the service you received. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Slough hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Holiday Inn Slough was a great place to stay for LEGOLAND, Staff where very friendly, The room was perfect, comfortable and clean. Food was lovely. Using public transport to LEGOLAND was good enough at £10 return for adult and child better than £7 single as I paid on first day not knowing about return tickets. Would be good if hotel had more info on public transport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Angela F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Welcomeyou,

Thank you so much for your great review on our hotel, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our staffs are here to make your stay as welcome and pleasant as possible, so it is great to hear that you experienced just that. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope to have an opportunity to make your stay more pleasant on every aspect.

Kind Regards
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here the last 2 years when we have visited legoland ( a 10 min drive away)
Always found this Hotel great value for money and the kids were made to feel welcome
Drinks were pricey but probably not unusual for the location
Kids eat free with adult meals
All in all can't complain and we have booked again for this April for 2 nights

Stayed May 2013
Dear Tracey Jones45

Thank you for taking time to post your comment. We are delighted the experience met your expectations and you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Please be assured that all your positive comments will be shared with the team. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back to the hotel in future.

Kind Regards
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed for work last week and found the room good to work in and received complimentary Wi-Fi as I am a rewards member.
I had a great stay with you, the hotel was secure and felt safe. Staff were friendly and the food at dinner and breakfast was good although dinner service was a little slow.
If I am in the area again I would be happy to stay.

Room Tip: The Indian food in this hotel is very good
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear General Manager G

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your over-all stay with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We appreciate your comments on our food and beverage service and I will feedback to the team which allows us to monitor and improve our service and quality continually.

Again, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed here on the 15 march 2014 after a long day at Legoland staff very friendly and helpful even have directions to nearest shop. We booked through the legoland website which stayed the car park was free but when we got there it said there was a charge however after asking about this at reception we were told it was included in our room and in the morning when we re asked about it we were given a different card to get out of the car park. I do wonder if we would of been given this if we hadn't asked for it. Room clean and comfortable. Breakfast was fab lots of choice and including fresh fruit which you don't always get some hotels we have been to offer tinned fruit in syrup for breakfast. The kids where well catered for and made to feel welcome and at only a 5/10 min drive from legoland winner all round.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Charlotte M
Dear Charlotte,

Thank you for your fantastic feedback following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. It is great to see such encouraging comments. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Kind regards
Devaki Thapa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Windsor
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor
Travelodge Windsor Central Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!