“one nighter”

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Slough
yorkshire
“one nighter”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here for just one night as part of our legoland visit weekend.The hotel is very close to legoland so was perfect for us.We had no problem finding a(free) car parking space.Check in was quick&hassle free with friendly competent staff.
Our family room was a good size,with a double bed for us&a smaller queen sized one for kids,both had a choice of pillows!!our bed was very comfy,the kids one not so but for one night was fine.Everything was spotlessly clean&the bathroom was lovely with a very nice shower.Plenty of towels&extra bedding.Tea&cofee making facilities available.The heating/air con was very efficient.Our t,v wasnt working but was quickly sorted when we reported it.
We had our evening meal in the restaurant,one free kids meal with a full paying adult,although this isnt widely advertised,we only found out there was even a kids menu when another guest told us!!the food was generally nice&bar drinks the usual you expect to pay.There is another restaurant an italian one but even at 9pm there was a 50 min wait for a table!Breakfast was lovely&well organised,everything together,cereals, fruits the usual incredibly slow toaster!!!and hot selection,not full english but near enough&all hot&well presented,plenty of hot&cold drink choices.
All in all this hotel was perfect for what we needed& for the price we paid i was really impressed&i would of been happy if we were staying longer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Helzbet,

Please allow me to thank you for reviewing your recent experience of the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. As a General Manager, I felt proud to read your comments and happy to hear that we played a small role in your great Legoland adventure. I have personally thanked my staff on your behalf . Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcome you at the hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with our two little boys and the food and service was fantastic. Its a lovely holiday inn and we would recommend to others. The rooms are lovely and clean and modern too. Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Amandajsx
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Amandajsx ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. It was great to hear that you enjoied your stay and the service - we are very passionate about providing great customer experiences. I have passed your comments to my team who were very happy to have their passion for customer service acknoledged. Thank you and we look forward to welcome you back in the future.
Swanley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

All staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much. Daughter got a colouring pack which was nice. Our room was lovely, 2 big beds for the 3 of us. Dinner was nice and children eat free with a paying adult. Breakfast - plenty of choice. Only 10 minutes from Legoland. Will return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank J B
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear JB,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found the staff friendly and helpful. I have already shered your comments with my team, and needless to say they were very happy to hear your comments. Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife and kids for 1 night before visiting Legoland (only 10 minutes away) for two days.

our bedroom was OK but pillows not his so struggled to sleep.

breakfast was OK but layout of the restaurant poorly designed.

slightly unnerving when you arrive somewhere to be bombarded with notices warning you about crime and not leaving valuables in the car!

overall, adequate but would not return.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear MYView,

Please allow me to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. I am happy to hear that you found your stay adequate to your needs. We are a very passionate team and we only strive for great customer experiences, hence I would welcome the opportunity to provide you with a great experience during you next visit at the hotel. Thank you again for your comments and, as mentioned, my team and I look forward to welcome you back at the hotel
bristol
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night as a on 2 day legoland visit.Leilia on reception v friendly and helpful,the kids got given a colouring inn goody bag on arrival,what a lovely touch.We ate eve meal in hotel,there were plenty of attentive resturant staff,the adult buffet was £17 each and kids ate free,took the buffet because when each substantial main meal on the menu was around £12 the buffet meant better value,even though there wasnt a huge variety there was enough.If u take a drink from the bar and look after ur hard earned pennies look at the prices first,we orderd a glass of rose wine and it cost £7!,serious mark up and complete rip off.We asked for a quiet room and thats what we got which was great.breakfast was lovely.booked the hotel thru legoland and when we checked out we got given a card for car park barrier and didnt have 2 pay 4 parking, bonus! (pay back for rip off wine price! Lol )

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Saturd,

Please allow me to start by thanking you for reviewing your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. As a team we felt very proud while reading your comments and I have personally thanked the team and Leila on your behalf. Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel was nice inside and very clean and the receptionist was helpful on arrival (so it seemed). It is by the station so good location for traveling elsewhere, but I would not stay longer than a few days as it was very loud and disruptive as you could hear the trains through the windows.
The one thing I didn't like was when checking in, no one mentioned about paying for parking so I assumed all ok to drive out and I did ask about this as there was a barrier coming in. However when I checked out the receptionist did not ask if I had a car parked and therefore it was quite a surprise when getting to the barrier that I had to enter a key code. Not easy because of the layout to reverse and go back inside, so I had to ring reception from my car. The gentleman who answered the phone said I had to come back and pay. Crazy when I'm at the barrier, he said he would come out but after a few minutes no one came and clearly could have helped and given the code to me over the phone. Luckily another car was coming behind me so they gave me the code, but I thought this was extremely poor as I had asked about paying when I arrived. The gentleman I spoke too just didn't seem to give too hoots so for the noise and poor service I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from railway station and remember if you park a car get the code before you leave.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank choccyluvver
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear choccyluvver,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. Please accept our apologies for the experience you had with the noise and our parking policy did not live up to your expectations. We also apologize for the service you received. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Slough hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Holiday Inn Slough was a great place to stay for LEGOLAND, Staff where very friendly, The room was perfect, comfortable and clean. Food was lovely. Using public transport to LEGOLAND was good enough at £10 return for adult and child better than £7 single as I paid on first day not knowing about return tickets. Would be good if hotel had more info on public transport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Angela F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Welcomeyou,

Thank you so much for your great review on our hotel, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our staffs are here to make your stay as welcome and pleasant as possible, so it is great to hear that you experienced just that. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope to have an opportunity to make your stay more pleasant on every aspect.

Kind Regards
Devaki Thapa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Windsor
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor
Travelodge Windsor Central Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!