“AS expected”

Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Typical holiday inn that is focised on the tourisst trade. Must be the a hotel wheer a lot of families statyon their way to Legoland and it was full of kids but suprisingly very quiet. Our room had a view of windsor castle in teh distance, was very compfortable and clean. Full english breakfast was included and it maet the needs for teh day

Room Tip: ASk for a room on the upper floor overlooking windsor castle
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Mark E,

I was so happy to hear that we have met your expectations and played a small role in your overall experience of Slough and surroundings. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel...I will make sure to share your comments with the whole team. Obviously, we look forward to welcome you back and...have a great weekend!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had a good inclusive deal for hotel and parking and transfer to Heathrow. Hotel was clean, room was large, and for the price I paid, couldn't moan. The reception were helpful, telling us that the taxi would collect us at a certain time to be taken to the airport, and giving us a contact for the return journey. We dined in the hotel restaurant and had a very good meal from the menu (didn't like the look of the buffet), which was also reasonable considering the location. Would definitely use it again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear melmerthyr,

Please allow me to thank you for the time taken to review your recent experience of the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. I am happy to hear that you enjoied your room and dinner to your liking and of course, very happy to hear that you have found our staff helpful. I will make sure to share your comments with my team. Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Upon arrival with just myself and two children we were tired and checked in extremely fast, no menu in the room but one bought up straight away. Bathed the kids them let the water out (room 208) the water came right out the drain into bathroom floor took over an hour to empty bit at a time so I decided shower for me instead. Have to say staff were brilliant bought up about 10+ towels and even offered to clean the bathroom. I was quite happy to do this, also got offered another room. Not much for the kids to do during the evening but having read other reviews there is a family area??? Maybe I could have been informed. Breakfast was lovely not much for a healthy option I think I managed to have wholemeal toast, beNs, tomato and poached egg which I did have to enquire whether they did, but kids loved the mini muffins. Check out was smooth and very quick, 10 min drive from legoland so all in all had a lovely evening and a brilliant Lego filled day. Please don't fall into the whole vending machine franchise I hate them as do many other parents and it is one thing that stresses me out when walking into a lobby and the kids want an £8 teddy or car!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Michkaytay
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Michkaytay,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. As a General Manager I feel so proud of my team...we are a very passionate bunch of people and I can assure you that my team will be extremelly happy when I will thank them personaly on your behalf. I am very happy to hear that you enjoied your stay and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Only took five minutes to get here from Legoland... Staff were excellent, Anneka on the desk promised a bed would be sorted, and it was promptly, with her sorting it.... Room was good, and was surprised that it was quiet so that my daughter would go to sleep ok... Buffet Breakfast was excellent, to the standard of the Marriott, and the staff were friendly and efficient.... Only negatives, building looked a bit tired in places, and no shower gel in the container inside the bath area...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Richard P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. As I was reading your comments I could not help from smilling and feeling very proud of my team...they are genuinely very passionate about great customer service and I was so happy to hear that you enjoied your stay...we will make sure not to let it happen again ...ha ha just joking. I will pass my thanks personnaly to Anneka and my team and take on board your comments re: the soap in the room. Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights on business. The check in was quick and the staff very helpful. The wifi did not work initially boot after it had been rebooted within about 10 minutes the staff had it working. The room was very clean, tidy and the air conditioning worked properly.
The breakfast was the usual Holiday inn buffet, the area around the food was clean and the staff were very efficient.
The second night I had dinner in the restaurant "Brasserie" nothing special about the types or choices but when it arrived was well cooked.
If you are staying in the area for business or just a few nights it is definitely a good choice.
It is very typical of the Holiday Inn for style and level of comfort, no surprises.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the back of e hotel that side faces Windsor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear IFIank,

Please allow me to thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff helpful and efficient. I will share your comments with the team...they are quite passionate about great customer service, and I am sure they will get a great sense of accomplishment. I am sorry to hear about our Wi-Fi issue, however happy that my colleagues managed to help with sorting it out. Thank you again and I look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This block just off the M4 is conveniently located but sadly showing its age.
Bedrooms are clean and well equipped though no free wifi is unjustifiable at these rates. My bathroom was very shabby with a stained sink and toilet and chipped toilet seat – long overdue for a refit. The wall-mounted toiletries are again out of keeping with the brand – this is not promoted as a budget hotel but feels very much like one.
Rooms have tea and coffee making facilities and offer a full room service menu which may be an attractive option is travelling alone.
The bar is dreary with tired furnishings and the restaurant is dire – dark and dingy (the purple and brown colour scheme doesn’t help) and devoid of atmosphere. The seats are dirty and stained and my immediate reaction was to go elsewhere, but after a long drive and with nothing else immediately close by I decided to persevere and was glad I did. Napkins were crisp and flatware sparkled and the staff are incredibly friendly and attentive. The food was good.
At breakfast the restaurant is transformed by sunlight, a lot more pleasant space in the mornings. Breakfast itself is good if uninspired, staff were very friendly once again.
Just about OK for an overnight but needs some serious work to get to the standard you’d expect from the Holiday Inn brand.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south and east sides have views of Windsor Castle

Dear Sct55,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. I was happy to hear that you enjoied the friendliness of our staff - we are very passionate and genuine about great customer service. Thank you for your comments on condition as well. Just wanted to make a small comment regarding the fact that all our bedrooms have been refurbished relatively recent, and public areas as well. Thank you again for your comments, and both I and my team look forward to see you again.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Negatives; no kids pack given. No balloons in room as promised. Room a little dated.
Positives; Large clean room. Comfy beds. Good breaky. Happy staff. Safe parking. Great base for Legoville.
Would I return? Yes.
Would I recommend? Yes.
But please, no more Lego for a few years !

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Zakyn
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Zakin,

I was so pleased to hear that you enjoied your stay at the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor...thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please receive my apologies for the kids not receiving the welcome packs and for the balloon situation. We are generally going over the top to meet these small requests on your part and we discussed your feedback as a team/learned from it. We are fanatic (in a good way) about providing you with a GREAT Legoland experience welcome packs are offered to the kids, a play room and movie night is offered from 6 pm, free popcorn, milk and cookies in the bar for the kids starting 6pm and even a kids footbal table starting next week. We look forward to welcome you back at the hotel and make that good experience into a great experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Windsor
Travelodge Slough
Travelodge Slough
#5 of 21 in Slough
Travelodge Windsor Central Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!