“Fair Enough Stay”

Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed 6 August 2014

What you would expect from a chain hotel - decent clean room, decent breakfast, decent enough environment. Would recommend this place.

Unfortunately, there's not too much around this hotel, so it's best as a base to visit nearby places by car. However, there's a decent local pub within about half/three quarter of a mile. I didn't find the neighborhood bad in the daytime, but one should exercise one's own judgment, especially at night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear MarcG19,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. I was happy to hear that we met your expectations and will share the feedback with the team. Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back?

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Hi All

Stopped here for 2 nights 30-31st July, as part of a LegoLand Trip.

Arrived just after 2pm, Friendly staff and easy check in. Stopped in Room 508. A Nice, Straightforward Double Room. My Son enjoyed the fact he had a doubled bed to himself. Only slight issue was the room was a tad Musty, but not enough to warrant a complaint by any means. A/C a bit fiddly but worked very well. Decent beds with a decent supply of pillows (Premier Inn ,Take Note)

ate in the restaurant both nice and i had no complaints about the food, well priced and my Son made good use of the Free Kids Buffet!. Breakfast was the clear winner, such an array of choice and well cooked. Like check in , all staff were friendly and polite. Drinks were expensive, but i wasn't surprised by this to be fair, not often you see Murphy's on tap so i was pleased!.

I would recommend moving the Disabled Spaces , there far too tight to the old barrier system. getting My Mondeo in (my Son is the blue badge holder) was a touch fiddly, and any MPV's would struggle getting in 2 of 3 available spots. this isn't a complaint, just something i would advise to look at, as it will only effect a certain number of guests.

Thanks Holiday Inn for a relaxed stop.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear richuk123,

I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had a "relaxed stop". We are very passionate about great customer service and it is always a great feeling to have this acknowledged by our guests. Thank you as well for taking the time to review your recent experience of our hotel, and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

As others have said I was dreading our stay after reading some of the reviews. Room was clean, tidy and had all you needed for an overnight stay. Reception were very helpful and pleasant.
My reasons for a poor rating was the food. The hotel lets itself down greatly with the standard of food. We ate in the restaurant and had the buffet. Yuck!!! Watered down soup, and the most unappealing, bog standard selection of mains. Cost us £35 for the two of us, and I went to bed ravenous!! Same again at breakfast, sloppy cheap breakfast. Wouldve like to have seen a nice selection of fruit, pastries, and cooked breakfast but what I saw was slop. Had toast and a cuppa then left. So, would I stay here agian? Yes but would not eat here.

Room Tip: Found level 3 to be quiet
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear GufferSouthWales,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. Please allow me to sincerely apologize for not fully meeting your expectations. I was both happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and our team, and surprised to read your feedback on food quality - we generally receive great feedback on our food quality and our chef is very passionate about this subject. We will discuss your feedback as a team and learn from it. I would like to fully understand and learn from your experience, hence I would appreciate if you contacted me directly at the hotel. Thank you again and I look forward to hear from you.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Getting affordable hotel in London is a real challenge. Thankfully, for a rate of roughly 100 dollars a night, we got pretty good experience. The staff were friendly. Particularly, a guy called Mustafa made us feel very comfortable. He facilitated early check in at no extra cost. He provided luggage space for my huge luggage at no extra cost. Gave us copious suggestion about how to move in London in an economic ways. I found that he was equally friendly with other guests also. Provided us many other tips, including about nearby eateries. There was another nice young lady with curly hair, very helpful. I have forgotten her name.

Dear Rajiv R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. I was very happy to hear that you enjoined your stay and that you found our staff friendly and helpful. I will pass my thanks to the team personally! Have a great week and we look forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We booked 2 twins rooms and we read reviews and to be honest i was dreading staying here..How wrong!! As soon as we walked in we were greeted by friendly staff.We registered our car and was given our cards to get into our rooms and told what times meals were etc.. Our rooms no:104 and 14 were amazing,both spacious rooms,bathroom was clean actually the room was immaculate..Breakfast was really nice and yes staff were everywhere but they were topping the food dishes up and helping guests to their tables and serving hot drinks... A fab place to stay and not even 10 minutes to Legoland.We will be back to this Inn..Yes some of the Inn needs a refurb but it was so clean.

Room Tip: room 104 and 14 are amazing rooms
1  Thank Teresa J
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Teresa J,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience of the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that my team surpassed your expectations. There is no greater reward for us as a team than our guests' acknowledgement of the great and genuine passion we have for what we do. I will share your comments with the team personally. Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We chose this hotel based on both location and Tripadvisor reviews. While the hotel was in need of some cosmetic updates the room was in okay shape. The toilet had nasty “water” in it when we first arrived as if someone had forgotten to flush. This did not reappear after we flushed the toilet the fist time. Yuck. One bed squeaked extremely loudly when a child moved while sleeping on it and woke me up several times. The walls have some soundproofing but it was minimal as we could hear the child in the next room saying “chugga- chugga choo choo” for 3 hours straight before he had a meltdown and started screaming (not the fault of the hotel but soundproofing would have helped). The real problem was the lack of service and supplies. We asked in our reservation for a quiet room away from the elevators and foot traffic, when we checked in the room we received was right next to the door to the elevators. They said we could not be moved as they were full- too bad. Next, we requested assistance with the ac unit since it was not working- 1 1/2 hrs later no one had shown up. The hair dryer did not work and when I went to the desk to get another the man inferred that I didn’t know how to use it- really! It continued to cut in and out making drying and styling my hair virtually impossible. The dryer was a terrible design in addition to not working properly. When we booked we were suppose to have free Wi-Fi. The code was not given us at check in and I had to go to the desk and request it (the rates for wi-fi were outrageous). When I asked about possible breakfast locations the only one given was the hotel and when I stated that I was allergic to eggs the said that I could have toast for 13 pounds! How outrageous. Overall this was not a terrible hotel but not one that I would recommend.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel if you want a quiet night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear HappyCampersNH,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor. Please allow me to apologize for not fully meeting your expectations. I was obviously surprised to hear your comments about the toilet - we have a very strict process in place with two people always checking the rooms to ensure that the rooms are spotless and to the highest standards. I was also very surprised to hear about your comments on our staff attitude - we are genuinely passionate about great customer service and this is something that we are very proud of and acknowledged by most of our guests. I would like to fully understand your experience and understand what we can do to improve, hence I would appreciate if you contacted me directly at the hotel for a more in-depth conversation. Thank you and I look forward to hear from you.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is quite dated. Bathrooms were in need of a refurb. It did have air conditioning which was great as it was a v hot night. Breakfast was a joke! Lots of staff running round like headless chickens trying to top everything up but not succeeding very well! Wouldn't use again! Premier inns much better & usually cheaper!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Claire W
Constantin S, Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and reviewing our property. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the condition of your room may have caused you. We appreciate your feedback, as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

I was of course disappointed to read your comments on breakfast service...we are particularly focused and passionate about ensuring that the quality of food and high standard delivered and right staffing levels are in place at all times to deliver great customer service. We are genuinely passionate about what we do and, as a team; we will review and learn from your comments.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,
M Mustafa
Front Of House Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Travelodge Slough
Travelodge Slough
#6 of 21 in Slough
Holiday Inn Express Windsor
Travelodge Windsor Central Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!