“Good value”

Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel whilst visiting family in Surrey. The rate was £55 per night B&B for a basic room. There was nothing basic about this room - it was spacious and with twin double sized beds, clean, well maintained, and entirely satisfactory. The toiletries in the room were replenished daily ( very rarely does this happen ). On the first night we ate in the Singapore/Malay restaurant which was very good. It is true that the food was a little on the cool side, but I have rarely had a piping hot oriental meal. The second night we ate in the bar - the choice was a little limited but the food was satisfactory. Breakfast was the usual buffet fare, and unusually one had to get one's own tea/coffee. A mug would have been better as it is a little difficult messing about with a teabag and then milk in a small cup when there is a queue behind you. I would certainly stay at this hotel again as it was the best value I have so far experienced in this area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comments and for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review which I hope will be helpful to future travellers.
Delighted to hear that you will come back and stay with us again, we will look forward to that!
Kindest regards and best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team and Staff at the Copthorne Hotel, Slough - Windsor.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed in the hotel because it was close to where we wanted to go and thought its too cheap must be something wrong with the place but only staying a couple of nights so thought we could cope. But it is actually a really nice hotel and I could find no faults. The rooms were a US size a big double bed with a sofa bed had a fridge and LCD TV.

It is only about 1/2 drive to London and not far from Heathrow.

We will stay there again happy to recommend this hotel to all my friends.

Room Tip: Parking is £6 per night but in secure car park so no worry

Dear Guest,
So pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us and that your fears were unfounded. We try very hard to offer great value for money so the old saying that 'if something seems too good to be true, it probably isnt' - isnt always the case!!
Please come and stay again, we promise you another warm welcome.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have recently stayed in for two nights with my daughter for a leisure weekend.
The check in went really smooth and the receptionist has even congratulated me for my birthday! Very positive point. :) Nice and smiling staff, that's what a front of house needs!n

Our bedroom was located on the second floor .Another surprise when I walked in: Large, well lit cleaned to the highest standard. Not even a small amount of dust anywhere .Welcome note on the TV screen. The beds were very good sized and very comfortable. The bathroom was also a good reasonable size, with a combination of bath and shower.

For dinner we chose the retrove restaurant. The menu wasn't very extensive, but the meal was a great portion and very delicious. The service was excellent. Next evening we decided to try the bar as a lighter dinner option.Nice, warm and cheerful lady served us. The food was nice just like the night before. Again, absolutely can't fault it! Overall quick and friendly service with a smile, exactly what I expect !
Breakfast was same as everywhere else , although I think it would be a great idea to put cups on the table and get the coffee served. It would avoid crowding around the drinks and cups area on the buffet and also could be an extrta positiv point.

Than we chose to chill out in our room so logged in to the hotel's wifi. It's cheap so I thought why not?! In half an hour I regret that. We put it on roomcharge, logged in, fine. It loaded the first webpage, still fine. I clicked on something, internet gone. Couple of minutes later it came back for another two minutes. That's what it kept doing all day regardless if it was 11pm or 9 am.
That's the only negativ point in all.

On check out everything went smooth again.

Although there's couple of thigs I could point mainly for the management! All your staff did very well providind a pleasant stay. I saw some of your F&B staff on dinner and breakfast too. Every time I visited thhe Bar/Restaurant they would be there. I spite of their biggest effort of being fast, friendly and efficient ( what they never failed to be ) they were visibly exhausted. I think it would be a better solution to keep a permanent breakfast and a permanent dinner staff. It would be less tiring for them and make it less likely to make a mistake. Therefore it could increase guest safisaction too.

All in all me and my daughter enjohyed the stay and will definately return!

Room Tip: We did not ry the spa or used any child activities so unfortunately can't give valuable feedback...
1  Thank Diana G

Dear Guest,
what great comments, thank you very much indeed. So happy that your stay was good and that we ticked all your boxes, sorry to hear that the internet rather let the side down, we are looking at that at the moment - it is on our 'to do' list I promise.
Please come and stay here again, we will look forward to it.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed one night, as this was our last day of our month long holiday.
Looks good, room excellent, but another bath /shower with a glass door that swings open over the bath to act as shower cubicle. This is awkward and potentially dangerous.
Still, this was all there was to complain about the amenities.
Service at the desk was perfunctory, and a little off-hand, but I am a difficult customer anyway. A good day, followed by asking for my credit card is not my ideal. As it was, ebookers.com, had got it wrong for the second time in a week. So I was ready.................

Room Tip: We had the sixth floor...seemed a s good as any.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind review. A month long holiday!!!! I am trying not to dwell on that too closely in case I become bitter as jealousy is a dangerous thing.
I'm a bit confused regarding the shower screen which isnt designed to swing over the bath as a cubicle - that would be awkward I agree.
I was amused at your description of yourself as a difficult customer and please forgive me if my symapthies lie with ebookers.
Please come back and stay with us again, you will be very welcome.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

what a lovely friendly hotel, rooms were spotless and everything for the price was faultless,would recommend to all my friends and so close to Windsor. We ate in the Chinese restaurant which we found to be reasonably priced and the quality of food was excellent. if there is a down side it would be having to pay for the car parking which is on site.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Carol B

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you had such a good stay with us.

It is always so nice to read comments like yours as we share all feedback with the team and often they continue to motivate them to deliver the very best standards. Unfortunately that is not always true as often this forum is used in a negative way and does not allow us to improve the guests experience.

I am pleased that you found our team friendly and that the rooms were spotless and your stay was faultless. Such comments makes a rather miserable Tuesday a little more pleasant!

It was also great to see that you enjoyed your meal in our Bugis Street restaurant. We have had many good comments and continue to develop the menu and offerings, so hope that you will be able to try new items when we see you again.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed here to be close to legoland - and that qwe were so that's good, unfortunately that is the only good point!

The hotel is tired and dated, the room seemed to be clean but when my daughter dropped her lego on the floor which went under the bed I found broken glass under there too. (room 429) The check in staff couldn't even force a smile. We ordered room service for dinner and the person who answered our call could not understand English very well, after a long call and repeating ourselves over and over eventually the food arrived - it was wrong! They sent up 3 meals rather than the 2 we ordered and by the time they had sorted out what was ours and had adjusted the bill for us, our food was cold.

The next morning at breakfast I tried a small mouthful of scrambled egg, they were disgusting - i have no idea how they made eggs taste like that!! I made a sausage sandwich instead and my husband ate bacon and beans - we were both ill for the rest of the day which completely ruined our first day in legoland, and our Saturday evening which was meant to be spent having a nice meal for our anniversary, instead I was vomiting! Luckily our 2 year old only had toast and cereal so she was well enough to enjoy the day.

The next day we knew to avoid breakfast, just had tea and fruit (they can't get that wrong!) The dining hall was much busier this day and the staff were clearing away plates before we had even finished with them. We checked out immediately and went off to enjoy day two in legoland -again, no smiles from check out desk!

This place is very expensive for what you get, food is crap the staff are useless and the rooms are dirty. Would not go back and would not recommend.

4  Thank LadyStitt

Dear Guest

Thank you for placing your review. I am sorry that your experience has been marred in such a way.

I am concerned that your account is not logged in any of our Duty Managers logs and can only assume that you did not report any issues during your stay as I feel sure that if we were made aware would have resolved immediately, also had we known it was your anniversary we would have made a special effort as indeed we try to do for all our guests.

We look after a huge number of guests for the summer attractions in the area and really look forward to the start of the season. I am sorry that this was not the impression you received on check in or check out and will review the CCTV and action appropriately. We pride ourselves on our team here and many of our guests come back year after year as a result. Please be assured that your experience is not indicative of the usual standards we provide.

On Saturday we had over 250 breakfast inclusive and nearly 400 on the Sunday without incident or negative comment. I am concerned that you were ill and would ask that you contact me directly as we have procedures in place for such problems.

I am sorry that your review was such a poor one and that clearly you did not enjoy any part of your stay with us. I would obviously welcome an opportunity to prove you wrong or indeed to have made it up to you whilst you were here, although as none of these issues appear to have been reported we were unable to redeem ourselves in your eyes.

Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss further.

Regards

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Went for a weekend break .
Expected a decent hotel but this place is really dull and dated.The old fashioned room was dirty, stains on carpet, with a bathroom that really needs updating and a good clean! Bar service was terrible and overpriced, we did not eat in hotel so can't comment on food. Pool area needs refurb! Car park is £6 per night which isn't made clear when booking. Not a nice hotel, and not located in a great area. We would not return.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank SOG548

Dear SOG548

Thank you for your review. Clearly your stay was a poor one and for that I am sorry.

It is a shame that you did not report your concerns or experience as I am sure we would have redeemed ourselves during your stay. We have invested heavily and continue to do so with a floor by floor refurbishment program and also all the public area's seeing an uplift in early 2014.

I am dissapointed you did not comment on any of the obvious improvements, however I can see that the area's you have commented on fell below par in your experience.

If you would like to discuss further and see if there is any way we can make it up to you please do contact me as I would welcome an opportunity to put things right.

regards

David Faull

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Travelodge Slough
Travelodge Slough
#6 of 21 in Slough

Been to Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!