Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$124
US$78
US$87
US$85
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor(Slough)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$98
US$43
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5(Colnbrook)(Great Value!)
US$83
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Slough Hotel(Slough)(Great Value!)
US$77
PremierInn.com
US$70
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
1,766 results
All reviewsclub roombugis streetswimming poolleisure facilitieslegoland packagevisiting legolandbuffet styleweekend breakbooked this hoteltwo double bedsminute drivecar parkingstayed for one nightyogurtwindsormaggiemotorway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Great hotel with comfortable and well equipped room. Lobby area is lovely with a nice bar area. Staff were very helpful and friendly ,I have stayed here twice now for business and staff members still manage to adress me by my name wich is a great touch. Breakfast - good selection and good value.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Guest,
So lovely to read your review, thank you very much for taking the time to write it. Particularly pleased to know that you have stayed twice which I hope means that you will come back again.
Kindest regards & best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team & Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here dozens of times as close to office. Have to say the staff are fantastic! Thank you and look forward to seeing you in the new year. I stayed in 514 this time. Business floor is well worth the price and the pease of mind of knowing the car park is secured at night is a real plus. Stayed in three other hotels in the area and have admit they really do their best every time.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
How lovely to read these comments from one of our loyal and regular guests. Thank you very much.
We will all look forward to welcoming you again in 2014.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

With work appointments all day I checked in at 6:00. Preparing to go off to a dinner reservation I discovered there was no safebox in my room to store my laptop. Downstairs, reception showed me some small lockups they had behind the desk for this - but as I was already late for dinner I took the chance and left it in my suitcase (with no problem.)
Back from dinner it was mid evening by the time I began to size up my experience of this hotel. My brief contact with hotel reception was pleasant enough. The room however looked generally "tired" and with dark decor a bit dingy.
There were no electricity sockets beside the bed to plug in my laptop. The bedside lamps did not work. There were two down lighters over the headboard area but one light was burnt out. The bar of soap in the bathroom had been used previously. There was an incessant engine noise which went all night. (If someone had told me my room was located near the engine room of a ship I would have believed them.)
I didn't contact anyone as I guessed after 9 pm there wouldn't be staff to change lightbulbs and fix bedside lamps - and I was too tired for the usual solution of moving rooms. I wonder however why their housekeeping staff aren't aware of the state of their rooms in anticipation of guest staying?
Next morning, the complimentary newspaper with my "superior room" did not arrive and was not available at the desk.
Not much more to say except the whole place looks like it needs a refurbishment and I'm sorry I didn't book in to the Holiday Inn across the road.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to place this review and thank you for sharing your issues, whilst we do not like negative feedback I appreciate that it is necessary if we are to improve the service we provide and it is only through our guest feedback are we able to continually monitor and evaluate our offering.
I do hope that you will reconsider staying with us again when I would be pleased to personally oversee your stay with us to ensure that it is seamless and memorable for all the right reasons.
Kindest regards and best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team and Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed at this hotel on a visit to see my wife's father in Stoke Poges. I had booked it on Booking.com on a prepaid basis because it was done at short notice. My booking was for two Club rooms for my wife, daughter and myself including the crazy sum of £15.95 for breakfast. That was £15.95 each! To add insult to injury I was also charged £6.00 to park. They certainly don't want you to come back. When we arrived, check in didn't exactly fill me with confidence when they asked had I booked parking. When I explained that I had prepaid for the accommodation, breakfast and parking online and showed them my receipt they showed absolutely no interest and seemed oblivious to anything I had said particularly when I mentioned that I would have expected them to know the details of my booking. In fairness both the rooms were warm, clean and tidy with reasonable facilities.
However, having made our visit we returned to a hotel bouncing with Xmas partygoers. Fortunately we were allocated rooms on the top floor because the noise went on until 4am.
The next morning I went down to the breakfast looking forward to an amazing £15.95 full English breakfast only to be sadly disappointed. Firstly I was told that I hadn't paid for breakfast even after I had shown my receipt for payment to the lady at the dais. It ended with my wife accompanying her to reception where it was confirmed we had paid for breakfast. The let down continued. It started again when I lifted the lid on the first chafing dish at the buffet table. Yes buffet table! you don't even get served for £15.95! Under the lid were about a dozen prune like sausages so I chose one of the better looking ones. Next was the bacon! Under the next lid were scraps of bacon hardly cooked and looking as if they had been torn apart. I asked a male member of staff who was wandering aimlessly around the table if that was the only bacon available. He shrugged his shoulders and said nothing so I assumed it was and suggested the patrons would enjoy it more if it was cooked. The eggs however were extremely well cooked so much so one could have soled your shoes with them. Then came the crowning glory and my ultimate pet hate, the revolving make-it yourself toast machine. one revolution produces albino toast, two turns and you can run a coal fired powerstation on the charred remnants. To top it all with the exception of the toast the meal was at best tepid and all for £15.95.
It didn't get any better when we checked out. After a ten minute debate as to whether I had already paid, the receptionist managed to print out the bill three times addressed to the wrong person. We won't be back!

Room Tip: Don't bother with the breakfast
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Pack0222

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sparing the time and trouble in placing this review. May I sincerely apologise for the fact that your stay was marred by these shortfalls in service.
Please be assured that I have brought your experience to the attention of the Food & Beverage Manager who will monitor breakfast more closely going forward.
In recent months we have invested heavily in our F&B department and restructured in order to improve the customer focus for our guests. Please be assured that we will increase the focus in this area in order to drive consistency. we will use your comments constructively to maintain the focus for the teams in order to deliver a level of service we are all proud of.
I do hope that you might consider coming back, I would be pleased to personally look after your stay if you would contact me direct.
With kindest regards and best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team and Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I booked a room for my husband and myself because we were having our works Christmas party at the hotel. The reception staff were all very friendly and helpful. We had booked a superior plus room which was on the 5th floor (Business floor) and the room was a nice size and the decor was lovely (from our room we could see Windsor Castle). Unfortunately our heating was not working in our room so we were given a portable heater which was fine. The Christmas party was great and it was nice to just go to our room and sleep after all the drinking and partying. We woke up and had breakfast which was good (not sure why they don't offer chicken or beef sausages as we do not eat pork, nor why they don't offer kippers either as most hotels seems to have these on there menus) we did have the veggie sausage which was ok. All in all this hotel is very good and we can't wait to stay here again next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
What lovely comments, thank you for sharing them. So pleased that your christmas party experience and stay was the success it deserved to be.
Please come back and do it all over again next year......