“Better than expected”

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Better than expected”
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for nearly a week. Rooms good, surprisingly quite! Oriental restaurant really good, try the banquet! Breakfast ok, drinks in bar expensive. Parking good, bit hard to get out in the morning! Gym good, pool good overall good. Loads better than holiday inn over the road. Not up to northern standards but good for the south.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Guest,
What a great review, and from someone who really knows the hotel after your extended stay, thank you very much indeed.
Delighted to hear we beat our neighbour to it but sorry to hear we cant compete with our Northen cousins!
Please come and stay with us again, we wlll look forward to it.
Kindest regards & best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team & Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Turkish first
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Room was clean and we got a good deal, although don't think it's worth the full price for this location, it's not as good as the Kensington Copthorne but there is nothing to complain about. Didn't use the public areas as we went out for dinner and passed on breakfast. There were some good offers in the beauty rooms so worth trying for some relaxation. If you want to be close to Windsor (by car) and can get a deal on the room this is a definate winner.

• Stayed January 2014
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for your kind comments. I do hope that you will come back to us and try all our facilities, which in turn should bring you to the conclusion that we are actually very good value for money indeed! Something that we all strive very hard to be.
We will look forward to welcoming you again.
Kindest regards and best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team and Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.
Chesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many many times over the last 7 years, not because I love it but because my company uses it due to its proximity to the office in Slough. Don't be fooled by the location of this hotel it's not Windsor, it's the other side of the motorway and is firmly in Slough.

The service is consistently bad. You will sot certainly wait to check in as there is never enough staff. I have just spent 20 mins this evening ringing reception to get wifi and got no answer. Getting a cup of tea or coffee at breakfast takes a significant amount of time and patience often I can get breakfast, eat it and leave before I am offered a drink!

The rooms are ok and clean but have not been updated this millennium and be careful using the shower as every single one will splash gallons of water onto the floor leaving the bathroom dangerously slippery.

There are a massive range of hotels in the area and I would suggest this needs a lot of work before it is one I would recommend.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Andrew J
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Andrew J

Thank you for submitting this review. I am sorry that your stay following 7 years of previous stays your latest stay has marred your experience of us.

I am particularly disappointed that you did not make these comments to us directly during your visits as we would have had an opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes. I will however review our guest logs and contact you directly to ensure your satisfaction and that we have a way forward in resolving the issues you have expressed.

Last year we completed our refurbishment of the 5th floor and are in the early stages of planning for the 4th floor refurbishment along with all public area's. We have already started our meeting room upgrade and will have this completed by the end of February along with a monthly planned uplift in the heath Club and all 53 family rooms. I have just invested in replacing all the beds and that program is now underway and look to commit nearly £1 million to projects in the coming year.

I appreciate that some of the rooms are now showing their age compared to the new rooms, although would stress that we have plans constantly in place to uplift the hotel and bedrooms significantly and have been working on this project for the last three years. Unfortunately many of the projects we have engaged were replacing plant and equipment and agree that we need to maintain this focus. I will ensure that regulars such as yourself know about all the work we are doing and will be doing to enhance the product. We regularly ask our clients for their input and our last project involved sharing the plans for the new rooms with them for their feedback.

Regarding breakfast and the lack of service you encountered, I have addressed with the Food and Beverage Manager to review and implement a plan for improvement. Our Breakfast supervisor has been here since the hotel opened and a review of the service offered has not really been undertaken, so I am confident that we will identify improvements and that you will recognise this should your company book your room here again.

I am sorry that you felt this was the best forum to place such remarks as clearly they will damage moral and our reputation. I sincerely believe that I have a dedicated hardworking and professional team, who try their very best every day and have exceptional pride in our achievements over the last three years. I also naturally balance this with your comments regarding staffing levels and will review once I know what day you stayed.

Following 7 years worth of loyalty, I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experiences further as I am certain that we can restore your faith in us and demonstrate how seriously we take feedback from our guests.

Regards

David Faull

Travellers are raving about these Slough hotels

Thatcham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

It amazes me how different peoples experiences can be. Having read some of the reviews I was, naturally, a little concerned about this Hotel- my concern was soon forgotten on arrival. Although a little dated, reception was nice enough and staff were quick to check me in. My room, 517, was lovely and felt very classy. I ate in Bugis Street, the food was good and service was quick. Leisure Facilities are in need of an upgrade but were really well equipped and clean. Staff were really polite too. Was surprised I had to leave room card for towel but can understand why, I imagine towels do get stolen. Good idea.
Overall I would absolutely stay here again and would recommend to all my friends and colleagues.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Guest,
I am in absolute agreement with your comments re peoples experiences and perceptions and so pleased that you decided to come along and find out for yourself.
Whilst there obviously have been a small number of negative reviews I would urge anyone reading them to put them into perspective, we welcome approximately 1800 guests throughout the month which can almost double in the summer months when families stay with us due to our proximity to Legoland and the attractions of Windsor and London. The vast majority go away happy and look forward to coming back to stay again - they just dont always record it here unfortunately.
Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us - we will look forward to welcoming you again.
I would also add that if there is anyone reading any previous reviews with similar concerns, then please contact me direct, I will always be happy to speak with you and oversee your stay personally to guarantee that your stay with us is memorable for all the right reasons.
Kindest regards and best wishes from the General Manager, Mangement Team and Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here Friday night for a convention. The room was clean and comfortable. When I arrived the tv didn't work but I called reception and it was fixed. The food at the bar was good and the breakfast very nice. I will stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review. I hope that you enjoyed the convention, we certainly did! Delighted to hear that despite the hotel being at capacity, service and standards did not suffer.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again, we will look forward to that.
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Was a bit concerned reading some of the reviews, but turned out to be a none issue. It is correct that the hotel show signs of wear and tear. The leather seats in the bar have seen their best days, but i felt that was offset by the friendly staff at the reception. Always a smile and always helpful.

Room:
Also a bit dated with signs of wear and tear but clean and comfortable. I would especially like to make a positive comment about the bed. With a bit of backpain I am sensitive to what the bed is like and this one was excellent - no pain at all in the morning. Top notch!!

On the last morning leaving the hotel I turned around when waiting for the elevator and a big sign announced that I could get a remodled room for a small fee - wish I would have seen that earlier, but now I know. I would have loved to be presented with that option during check-in, I would have jumped on it.

Breakfast:
I don't eat a lot of breakfast, so I am easy to settle - so I was able to find everything I wanted and the service was very friendly.

Bar:
This was the only black spot on the experience. The customer service in the bar was really sub par. The eastern European lady behind the bar did not want to serve us at the table, was unfriendly and ultimately resulted in us going else where.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind and considered review. As I have already mentioned on these pages the vast majority of our guests go away happy and with the wish to return whenever they are back in this part of the world!
Glad to hear that you had a good nights sleep, so important, and that you were well looked after.
I have taken your comments regarding your bar experience very seriously indeed and have already arranged for retraining. Please accept my apologies for such poor service.
We will look forward to your return and thank you again for your comments.
Iver Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We visited the Copthorne Hotel on the 8th January for afternoon tea through Travelzoo.
On arrival before going into the spa we order coffee in the bar which took forever to arrive.
Going into the changing rooms and spa which need a good uplift. Afternoon tea three finger
sandwiches each which was not very fresh, ordering tea and coffee they forgot, and took another
half an hour to arrive, very poor service.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I was extremely sorry to see that your afternoon tea experience was not a successful one. This offer has now come to an end, however, we will keep your comments on file for reference should we ever run this promotion again. It was actually a very well received offer and represented great value for money,
Thank you for sharing your issues, whilst I do not like negative feedback I appreciate that it is necessary if we are to improve the service we provide and it is only through our guests feedback are we able to continually monitor and evaluate our offering.
With kindest regards from the General Manager, Management Team and Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
De Vere Beaumont Estate
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Premier Inn Slough Hotel
Macdonald Windsor Hotel

Been to Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!