“Fine for small able-bodied people with tiny appetites ”

Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Newbury, UK
“Fine for small able-bodied people with tiny appetites ”
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I had requested a wheelchair accessible room and apparently the one I was given was the best they could do. The shower was not wheelchair accessible nor was the bathroom big enough to allow wheelchair transfer. I had to leave my room to use the public toilets downstairs. In the middle of the night.
The room was tiny; not normally a problem but not ideal for a wheelchair user trying to squire in down the side of the bed.
Chinese dinner in the 'brasserie' was nice enough, though tiny portions. It was a special 'early dinner' menu and I think they take a normal portion and split it into two for the special offer.
On the plus side, disabled parking was free.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We were all extremely concerned to hear of the difficulties surrounding your recent stay with us and apologise for what was no doubt a frustrating and upsetting time for you.
I am genuinely grateful to you for speaking with me ealier this week and for your considerate approach which made finding a way forward so much easier.
As we discussed, our fully adapted room with a wheelchair accessable shower was already in use at the time of your visit, whilst we have several adapted rooms it was obviously decided at the time of your check in that you would benefit from one of our two rooms with a walk in shower which is why you were given that particular room, all our other rooms have a fized shower above the bath. I am so sorry that the bathroom, though a standard size, was too small for wheelchair access.
As discussed, we are already planning changes with these rooms in mind, which will be planned by an architect and once agreed by Head Office the work will go ahead, we are all looking forward to that very much and will keep your comments firmly in mind for reference at that time.
Thank you too for your e-mail to me in which you stated that you were quite happy for me to quote you as feeling satisfied that you had been listened to sympathetically and we had demonstrated a genuine desire to put things right.
I also confirm our offer to you, made in the spirit of reconciliation - I will look forward to meeting with you then when I believe your stay will be memorable for all the right reasons.
With kindest regards and renewed apologies
Maggie Coonan and all the team here at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Turkish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed in the Copthorn Hotel to visit legoland for a couple of days, It was surprisingly upmarket for a hotel offering legoland stays. We were greeted very well and showed to our room. The room was very nice, clean and everything you would expect. We were interrupted by cleaners entering without unannounced but that was no big problem. The food was very tasty and well presented. During our stay our car was broken in to as for fire reasons one of the doors on the secure car park had to be left open, this rather dampened our spirits for our second day at Legoland and upset our daughter. However the hotel were very helpful and understanding. If you are looking for a nice hotel near Legoland this is the one.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for placing this review from your stay last year. I am very pleased that you all enjoyed your stay.

I was particularly pleased that your found the room very clean and the food very tasty and well presented and will share your feedback with the team as such feedback really does have a positive response and motivates them to improve.

We have invested heavily into security and have seen significant benefits. Hopefully this continues to be the case, although we shall maintain our focus as we have to continually evolve if we are to avoid similar distressing situations.

I do hope we will see you this year as the LEGOLAND season is already upon us!

David Faull
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed here 1/3/14 for one night. We booked the night before as we found a great deal for a club room.
On arrival we were pleasantly surprise, the hotel was in a good location just off the M4.
Parking the car was straight forward in the underground garage.
Check in was really quick taking a few minutes and staff were very friendly. Our room was on the top floor in a very quiet area as requested. The room was large and clean with a Queen bed, it was a little dated especially the bathroom. We were quite happy though considering the price we paid.
Later that evening after using the club lounge and eating out we noticed blood stains on the mattress which were showing though the bottom sheet. I complained to reception and asked why there weren't protectors on mattress. The duty manager was very apologetic but could not answer the question. She moved us into a suite which was great and probably quite expensive and also gave us free breakfasts the following morning.
Overall we enjoyed our stay especially the upgrade and staff were excellent. Sorry can't remember the lady's name who dealt with our complaint but her customer service was impeccable .....thanks.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to place your review. So pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and all we had to offer.
Very disappointed though to hear of your unpleasant experience but happy that we promptly and properly dealt with it.
I understood that all our beds (which are quite new) are fitted with mattess protectors - I have already spoken with our Head Housekeeper and asked her to monitor the situation closely going forward and I add my apologies to you both.
We will look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.
Kind regards & best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team & Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the copthorne hotel for our first valentines together, when we arrived the staff was very helpful and polite as well as happily answering any questions we had about the hotel. During our stay we ate in the bar area and the restaurant area both times we were very happy with the good and had no complaints at all! The bar staff and restaurant staff were also very polite with good service. The room was clean and tidy as well as being a good size. I would defiantly recommend for people to stay here and I personally would happily stay here again. Also I would like to thank Maggie from the copthorne who was particularly helpful Insuring my girlfriend and I had a lovely stay.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,
I remember you very well and was absolutely delighted to read your review. How lovely to be mentioned in dispatches! Thank you.
So pleased that your first Valentines day was so successful, it was a pleasure to be involved, hopefully we can do the same again for your second!!
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I booked a room in this hotel as I was on our way to Bath from Ipswich and decided to stay there overnight, we found a good deal n the internet and was a very good choice indeed. This is a very good hotel, very modern, with very good and spacious rooms and very nice and clean bathrooms. We had to pay £6 for the parking, but still had a very good deal. A very good choice, in my opinion.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments. We were all very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and it was good of you to say so.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Slightly odd looking hotel, but once inside it is a rather unexpected treat. We stayed as a couple to attend a wedding near by, and as soon as we parked up for free we were treated to a free upgrade at reception from the very friendly and charming staff. The room was a nice big business room, with lots of space, big comfortable bed, and excellent facilities. The bathroom was a good size, although we had cold water in the shower on first night that was fixed straight away. Great spa facilities that really helped with the wedding hangover! Had dinner in the restaurant, which was tasty and well priced, plus the bar staff put the football on especially for me! The breakfast was great, jus what you needed. Misses out on 5 stars thanks to the awkward location and lack of good wine choices at the bar, but still highly recommended for families, friends and couples, and for more than one night stay if wanting to visit near by Windsor

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
What lovely comments - thank you so much. Glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the wedding and that we were able to help with the hangover........
Do come back and stay again, try the Riverstone Sauvignon at the bar - I can personally recommend............
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Booked a 2 night short break here as close to Windsor, so we could visit the castle. First impressions were good - clean, nice sized Club room on the 6th floor, but both nights were noisy & eventful! In the early hours of both nights we got woken by people in the corridors, loud, drunk, moving in & out of rooms, slamming doors & chatting. Business people as well as those staying on pleasure. On the first evening one drunken fella on business, managed to enter our LOCKED bedroom, using HIS keycard! He stumbled off laughing, leaving us surprised & shocked! Reception apologised and reconfigurated our keycard - imagine what that would be like for a girl travelling on her own! On night two, a drunken girl kept knocking on our door in the early hours, until she got on her mobile to discover she'd got the wrong room...again! We visited the Club lounge (small room on the same floor, easy chairs, quiet, open 24 hrs for tea/coffee, continental b'fast) both evenings at 9/10pm, but there were never any clean cups about for us to have a drink. The most disappointing thing was that even though we lodged our complaints with Reception, we received no apology from the management, written or otherwise. It was left to the lady on Reception to offer us a reduced rate for one of our nights stays, as we checked out. On the plus side, we had a nice meal in the on-site oriental restaurant & the late check-out is ideal. Good location to visit Windsor, but think I'll stay elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Avoid the 6th floor, if you want a peaceful nights sleep!