“Fab Weekend Away!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Bristol
“Fab Weekend Away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Loved staying at the hotel last weekend, excellent location for a day out shopping in Windsor. I found the staff helpful and friendly and the meal in the Chinese restaurant in the evening was exceptional. We stayed in what looked like a recently refurbed room which was spotlessly clean. The breakfast selection was great and the cooked breakfast was good quality and hot. Wouldn't hesitate to book again thinking of using it as base when we visit London in May.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Kathis39

Thank you for placing your review following your recent stay. I am very happy to see it was a pleasant one and will share your comments with the teams to ensure they continue their focus.

Positive comments are extremely important to us as they assist us in maintaining the focus and motivation to exceed our guest's expectations again and again!.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in May!

David Faull

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Just wanted to say how much me and my family enjoyed staying at this hotel! Rooms were absolutely spotless and very tasteful, which made my stay even better! Friendly and helpful staff always around and enjoyed a lovely meal in the restaurant! Will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on this site. I am delighted you and your family had such a pleasant stay with us.

I was particularly please that you found our team friendly and helpful and the food lovely as well as the room spotlessly clean. Please be assured I will share you very kind remarks with all the departments as such feedback really does make our jobs all the more worth while.

Look forward to seeing you and the family soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with our family for a day trip to legoland and found the whole experience exceptional.
The front of house staff was very polite and extremely helpful.
There is a games room, cinema room and an Xbox room to keep the kids entertained.
The rooms are more than adequate and very clean with well made beds and decent views.
We never got to use the gym facilities, but we had a look and they seemed very well stocked with equipment.
The breakfast buffet in the morning was very well presented and serving staff were more than helpful.

We all had no complaints about the hotel, and would definitely recommend it to other people.

We will be back very soon.

Thank you for a very enjoyable stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Craig B

Thank you for sparing the time in reviewing our hotel. I am delighted you and the family had a pleasant stay.

I was particularly pleased that your children enjoyed the games rooms and had a good start to the day with breakfast.

It is always very nice to see that all our efforts are recognised and for that I am extremely grateful for your comments and will share them with the team as I find positive feedback really does focus the team to do well.

Hope to see you all very soon.

Rochester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have had the misfortune to have spent some more time at this establishment after an initial stay last year. We opened a facility in Slough last year and need to stay periodically. My observations are as follows:

- Tired dated rooms, musty bathroom, showers that seem to move from "burning with the heat of 1000 suns" to "arctic blast" with seemingly no input - one of our party awoke one morning to no hot water, although this was rectified that evening. Bathrooms are especially dated. No in room safe which is pretty much a standard offering these days. Also, no proper headboard?

- Billing nightmares - I stayed 3 nights both w/c 3/3 and 17/3. On the 3/3 I was overcharged at checkout for a breakfast I didn't have (couldn't resolve it there and then, so I paid and have been pursuing a refund - this took nearly 2 weeks, little to no recognition or explanation, and despite repeated assurances there's still no sign of the funds having hit my account). Another of our party was confirmed as prepaid for 3 nights, received a call waking him at 11:30pm demanding payment for his 3rd night. Requests to deal with this in the morning were declined, and so having been awoken, and gotten dressed, my colleague paid with the main intention of getting back to sleep. Further investigation the following morning revealed this to be an error on the part of the hotel, this took several calls with abrupt staff to resolve, and again, there was little by way of apology.

- Little to no recognition of the M&C club status members. I hold Gold status in this program, upon presenting my upgrade voucher I was told no rooms were available - the rack behind the hotel did list the upgraded rooms, although at I neglected to offer if paid rooms were available. The benefits of this program are listed as follows:

Fast track registration at selected hotels. - Ignored
Early check-in from 10am and late check-out till 4pm, subject to availability. - Not required
Complimentary welcome drink. - Not offered
Broadband benefits available at participating hotels. - Reluctantly given after asking and "pulling rank"
Complimentary local daily paper. - Not offered
Two complimentary room upgrades at any of our participating hotels. - Asked for, not honoured
20% off our weekend breaks for your birthday. - n/a

I also hold status in a number of other programs, this is by far the worst.

- Whilst I did get wifi access, on trying to use it, I found tethering to my mobile phone to be an order of magnitude faster.

- Bar service was slow, especially when there was overflow from an event being held in the hotel.

- Check-out unbelievably slow, I waited 20 minutes to check out.

All in all, you're better off pretty much anywhere else. I'm applying pressure internally with my employer to shift our business to the IHG property over the road. They have a more consistent offering in a far nicer property. Avoid - there are better options.

Room Tip: Club rooms are apparently less bad, though for the best room book elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Thomas E
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Thomas E

Thank you for placing this review. I have written to you this evening as you are booked in to our hotel and hope to meet you to discuss your observations.

I am was under the impression that our apology had been passed on to you by now as we addressed many of these comments with the booker last week and also processed the refund last week, although there is often a delay in the credit being received; dependant on the bank used.

Please accept my sincere apologies that your two previous stays have not met your expectations. Hopefully we can restore our relationship going forward.

Regards

David Faull

Travellers are raving about these Slough hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I thought the service was great! All the staff were really friendly and I felt right at home. The food was also good so I have no complaints! I don't know about the other rooms but my room was fine. The front desk staff were very helpful with everything and the restaurant staff were always there to assist. Also, the room service was very prompt! I came up from Scotland and didn't really know about the attractions close by and the staff were really helpful telling me about the local fairgrounds and also gave me leaflets! All in all, a great hotel!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sarita s
Dear Sarita S

Thank you for placing this review. I am delighted that your stay was such a pleasant one and really enjoyed reading your comments.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

David
Tel Aviv, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

After my previous visit and comments from the management on Tripadvisor I thought there may be some improvement
I had a room on the second floor, again wall paper peeling off the walls but also the toilet handle was coming away from the wall too. The first evening the room was a little warm so I put the air conditioning on cold and slept on top of the sheets hoping that would solve it which to the most extent it did. However the second night I had to open the window because the room was unbearable.
That evening I called to the reception explaining that the tap when turned to cold was leaking from the handle, to which a maintenance person arrived and informed me it is ok in other positions so not to worry.
In the morning I sat at breakfast to hear another guest complaining about how hot their room on the second floor was and they too had, had to open a window.

The reason this hotel is cheaper than the Holiday inn across the roundabout from them is that it is cheap but most certainly not cheerful.

The only thing I can say is that the reception staff are always friendly and helpful, shame the rest of the experience is not as good

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank IFlank
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear IFrank

Thank you for placing your third review of our hotel. I am sorry that we have clearly disappointed you again. I would however stress that we have responded to your two other reviews and offered assistance making sure your stay is seamless and upgrading you with my compliments, although you have yet to contact the hotel directly.

I will naturally share your feedback with our team and feel sure that they will be as disappointed as I am that your third experience / review was such a poor one. I will review the logs to see which rooms our Maintenance department visited and hopefully contact you directly to discuss further.

We originally were only going to complete another floor this year, although I am currently reviewing plans to refurbish the remaining hotel this year and agree that the hotel will benefit substantially from this uplift and will use your comments constructively to assist in our proposed plans.

I am sorry that your stay fell below your expectations, although I am pleased that for the third time you have praised the Reception Team's professionalism. Hopefully we can replicate this throughout the hotel.

Regards

Milton Keynes, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Couldn't really find any faults. We paid a budget price and received a clean and comfortable room for the night.
We didn't eat at the restaurants so can't comment on the food but we had a happy stay, with good room service and customer service from the front desk.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest

Thank you for placing your review and sharing your experience. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Hopefully next time you can use the rest of the facilities!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

David Faull
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
De Vere Beaumont Estate
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Premier Inn Slough Hotel
Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor

Been to Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!