“Rooms very tired looking”

Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed 30 March 2014

One night stay easy to find just off M4 and easy access to Windor £10 by taxi.Upon our arrival was initially given pass to the wrong room then had to transfer to another.Both rooms were very average so we decided to upgrade for £25 to a more superior club room.This was a great let down room wise.It was dated and the bathroom in desperate need of an upgrade.The bath panel was rotten and the bath sealants covered in black mouled.Sleep quality on the 6th floor was fine up until the dog in the next room decided to bark & then at about 4am the air conditioning system which I assume is on the roof started up and that was then end of our sleep.We complained but to no avail.If this was a Premier Inn then we'd have had our money back but all we got was that its an ongoing issue?What I would suggest though is the £25 upgrade if you have not already booked breakfast it just makes financial sense.Basically the breakfast costs approx £14 a head plus parking at £6 and although the Club Room is a poor effort you do get a newspaper and soft drinks so all in all its a good deal.The lounge and bar is quite nice and prices not to bad.The breakfast was outstanding and well cooked & presented by the caring staff.We didn't get to use the leisure facilities due to the fact that the pool is obviously used as a swimming club and the gym used by non-residents.Basically the pool is tiny with loads of kids in a club with parents waiting in the small viewing area.There are a couple of lanes available however these were being used by persons doing continuous lengths and were not going to stop for anyone.We had a poor stay at this hotel and will not be returning or recommending to others.All I,ve said in this review is nothing more that what I said to the staff/receptionists however it all fell on deaf ears or totally lost in translation.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 6th floor your just below the roof & the noisey air conditioning.Also enqu...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Metcalfe22
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write this review. I was extremely concerned to read some of your comments and apologise for the fact that you had cause for complaint. I feel that that we could have handled your issues better and would be grateful if you will contact me direct so that we can discuss further.
On a brighter note, I was pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast and thank you for saying so.
I will look forward to speaking with you in due course.
Kind regards and best wishes
Maggie Coonan. PA to General Manager

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We stay here quite a lot when we visit family as it's in a great area. This time the stay wasn't so good. We asked to be upgraded but were told no but the couple behind us were told yes, the receptionist was very rude to us. We also had issues when ordering a taxi through the hotel. We had to wait 30 minutes due to the first one not turning up. Not sure if I will use this hotel next time.

Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,
I was so sorry to read your review, the idea of one of our receptionists being rude to you is shocking and obviously we would like to investigate further, I would therefore be pleased to hear from you with the details of your stay so that we can do that.
Thank you so much for your loyalty to us which I would like to prove to you is not misplaced.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards and best wishes
Maggie Coonan. P.A to General Manager

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed for two nights during business trip to London , everything went smoothly from the moment I checked in . The staff were very helpful and friendly , the room quality was excellent and clean. Food in the restaurants was of a high quality , breakfast options very good. Would definitely visit again for business and pleasure on a trip to London.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank AlexJWales

Dear Guest
What wonderful comments! Thank you very much and thank you for taking the time to share them on this site.
Delighted to hear that you have every intention of visiting us again - we will look forward to that.
Kindest regards and best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team and Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed in the Copthorne with my husband and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, I would recommend it to all friends and family! There was great service with all staff being polite and friendly, delicious food and a spotless room! All that you can ask for on a weekend away!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Maiajames

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review. Delighted that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and also for your recommendation to friends and family.
I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our staff, adding my thanks to yours!
We will all look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I would like to passs on my thanks and best wishes to all the very proffesional staff at the Copthorne in Slough/ Windsor after my recent stay for a business trip. I use the hotel for personal weekend trips to the city a couple of times a year with my wife and my treatment for my most recent visit was of the highest standard.
My room was very clean and extremely comfortable with all room requirements and needs met, room service was readily available should I need it and staff who were all to happy to help.
There is a Cantonise restaraunt which is very good value for money with a high standard of asian food, and from the main bar I had a meal after a long day in the city which was delivered to my room.
I always relax with a swim and a sauna in the leasure complex which is fully equipped with a gym (if you have the energy).
Maggie and the team always make me and my wife feel very special when staying at the Copthorne and my recent stay alone for business my treatment was exactly the same as usual, everyone gets this treatment as a guest and all guests are made to feel very special by all staff members. I am always alittle reluctant to leave when my visit is over but look forward to my next visit which hopefully will not be too long. Once again a big thank you to all staff for a repeated first class stay. Andy J

Room Tip: Upgrade to a club room facing the Castle in Windsor your access to the lounge is more than value for...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Andrew

Thank you for placing this review and for the note that you left Maggie last week. I am delighted you followed your stay up with a review and also that you have been such a great friend to the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Loved staying at the hotel last weekend, excellent location for a day out shopping in Windsor. I found the staff helpful and friendly and the meal in the Chinese restaurant in the evening was exceptional. We stayed in what looked like a recently refurbed room which was spotlessly clean. The breakfast selection was great and the cooked breakfast was good quality and hot. Wouldn't hesitate to book again thinking of using it as base when we visit London in May.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Kathis39

Thank you for placing your review following your recent stay. I am very happy to see it was a pleasant one and will share your comments with the teams to ensure they continue their focus.

Positive comments are extremely important to us as they assist us in maintaining the focus and motivation to exceed our guest's expectations again and again!.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in May!

Best regards

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Just wanted to say how much me and my family enjoyed staying at this hotel! Rooms were absolutely spotless and very tasteful, which made my stay even better! Friendly and helpful staff always around and enjoyed a lovely meal in the restaurant! Will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on this site. I am delighted you and your family had such a pleasant stay with us.

I was particularly please that you found our team friendly and helpful and the food lovely as well as the room spotlessly clean. Please be assured I will share you very kind remarks with all the departments as such feedback really does make our jobs all the more worth while.

Look forward to seeing you and the family soon.

Best regards

David Faull

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Macdonald Windsor Hotel

Been to Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!