“Another excellent stay.”

Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

As we were travelling to India from Terminal 5 Heathrow we wanted to stop over the night before. The room was fantastic, the staff were very professional and the breakfast... Well this was exactly what we needed before our holiday.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rohan28
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Rohan28

Thank you for placing this review. I am delighted that you were so happy with your stay.

I hope you had a fantastic holiday and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Good location for main links to London. The hotel is very near a busy road, but traffic noise wasnt really an issue. I personally found the reception staff a little abrupt but not out and out rude. The spa treatment and staff were lovely and highly recommended and the pool facilities were good.
The food generally was fabulous and none of us could fault any of it. The rooms, as the hotel in general were a little dated, but overall clean and well maintained. I would use this hotel again and would recommend purely for its location.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Amjbmowf

Thank you for placing this review. I am very pleased that your overall stay was so comfortable.

I was particularly pleased that you enjoyed the food and rooms and have shared these comments with the teams to ensure we maintain the focus on our guest's.

Please be assured I have also addressed your comments regarding our Reception team and hope that when you stay with us again in the future you see the improvements.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I'm new to TripAdvisor but wanted to put the record straight on what I read below.
I stay here regularly, on a weekly basis in fact so I believe my comments are much more valuable to you than one night stayers. I am always looked after by all the staff, from reception to maids.
Although not the most desirable location it is perfect for business.
The hotel is a little tired but they have upgraded some of the rooms and they are of a good standard. Both restaurants are good, if I had to choose, the Chinese does a lovely black bean chicken! They have a well equipped gym that admittedly needs some upgrading, especially the changing areas. As I stay here regularly Chris the instructor has even written me a programme which I take back to my own gym!
The main reception does get busy so if you need help, pop down and see them.
Overall I enjoy staying here, it's a very good hotel that has improved over time.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Steven C

Dear PureYorkshire

I was extremely pleased to read your review and I am very grateful for this honest assessment of your stays.

Our regular guest's are extremely important to us and we learn from the feedback we receive from them and hopefully improve little by little as a result. Naturally staying over a long period means you can see these changes and it is therefore particularly pleasing that our efforts are recognised by our guest's. I know we still have some way to go, but please be assured we will get there!.

I agree on your assessment regarding the Black Bean Chicken. It is also one of my favourites!

Many thanks

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

After reading bad reviews for this hotel I was cautious as to what I would be getting myself and family into. HOW WRONG THESE REVIEWS ARE!! Sometimes I guess there is no pleasing some people!!

I recently stayed at the Copthorne hotel slough/Windsor for a family bank holiday get away. It's in a great location for activities in Windsor and Legoland is very close by.
Absolutely great value for money, from check in to check out my partner and myself were extremely pleased. The girls on reception were all smiles, helpful and pleasant. The room was lovely and comfortable for myself, husband and two children.
The restaurant breakfast was perfect, really hit the spot! Service was fast and efficient! The staff were always helpful and kind!
Dinner was incredible for choice and quality! The Legoland buffet was excellent and the added touch of a children's pizza station was perfect for my boys. May I just take a moment to thank Ewa and Jade from the main restaurant for their constant help and polite service!! They had my two boys entertained from the moment we walked in the door!! Excellent!!!!!!

Overall there was nothing more I could of asked or hoped for!
Perfect service
Perfect hotel
Perfect vacation
I will 100% be returning!!!!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Tourist_qpr

Dear Tourist_qpr

Thank you for sparing the time in reviewing our hotel. I am delighted your stay was such a good one.

Feedback on our team is always extremely valuable and positive feedback is essential as it really focusses the team to deliver the very best standards of service and attention to details. Please be assured that I will share this feedback directly to ensure this is the case.

I am also grateful that you read the reviews and placed one of your own as often negative feedback/ reviews are the ones that people remember and whilst we use them constructively, some are just damaging and really do not allow us an opportunity to defend ourselves or indeed resolve issues, so thank you again for placing yours and showing both sides.

Hopefully we will have an opportunity to welcome you back soon.

With kind regards

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Booked with lastminute.com and paid for online. Hotel then insisted I hadn't paid and charged me again even though I said I had already paid. On checking with my bank I have paid twice. Phoned manager who was extremely rude and refused to refund this fraudulent charge. I've had to call my bank who are going to treat it as a fraudulent transaction.

Apart from the above important issue I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. 4 stars is an absolute joke.

Here's the long list of complaint:-

Broken glasses in the children's games room left from the previous night. (I took a picture as evidence before I knew about this hotel emptying my bank account). Wifi not working.

Reception staff stony faced and not at all welcoming.

The hotel 'restaurant' was a self service buffet. This was not even open on the 2nd night. Terrible stewed food kept warm in huge urns.

The bar also refused to do a children's menu on this night and I was told I'd have to eat in the Asian restaurant if I wanted to have something on the children's menu???

Room unbearably hot I dread to think what it will be like in the summer.

No bath towels had to phone down. Reception didn't answer for 15 minutes so had to go down there.

Bed sheet did not fit the mattress. Pillows uncomfortable.

Standard of toiletries were akin to scented washing up liquid.

Not so much as one small packet of biscuits with the tea tray. No water provided so had to go down again as no answer.

TV didn't work properly and very poor selection of channels.

Swimming pool and changing area dirty. No spinner for swimming costumes.

This has to go down as an all time low in my many years of staying in hotels. The staff are incompetent, rude and still don't get things right even after one points out their errors. Needs a complete sort out from the manager downwards. A very bad image for the brand name of Copthorne.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JennyBaldwin
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest
So sorry that you are under the impression that you have been charged twice, which is genuinely not the case.
I am aware that our Rooms Division Manager has been in touch with you by e-mail, however, as explained in my e-mail to you last week, our General Manager, David Faull is anxious for you to contact him in order to resolve directly as you clearly had a poor experience and we want to do all we can to restore your faith in us, therefore he really does wish to speak with you.
With kindest regards
Maggie Coonan
P.A to David Faull. General Manager.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The hotel itself looks nice, although a bit worn down. However, we had several very bad experiences there.
1) The view is of a huge cargo yard and an electricity sub-station directly under the window.
2) We had to ask on arrival about breakfast that we paid, otherwise they would not be indicated on the room card.
3) There is no way to control the temperature in the room and we were freezing the whole time.
4) There is a constant noise coming through the (uncontrollable) air system.
5) Found a cut electric cable directly under the TV. Didn't try, but looks to be live.
6) A very user-unfriendly shower. You have to pull a nozzle on the bathtub tap low down that would get you immediately sprayed wet, since the shower nozzle is directly overhead and cannot be moved.
7) We were tried to go swimming the 1st night only to find they closed the pool an hour earlier "due to a bank holiday." No information about this anywhere, including the hotel information in the room.
8) When we made a booking of the pool for the second day, there were 23 children inside at the designated time, including one that just needed to be changed. Could not even make a single stroke and had to leave the pool immediately.

I do not recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jaroslav D

Thank you for placing this review. I am sorry that your stay was marred by the events you have detailed and I am concerned that these points were not raised during your stay.

I have instructed my maintenance and housekeeping team to inspect all rooms especially around the TV's to identify any possible loose connections. I have naturally attempted to identify your room by using your name on this review, although cannot see that you have stayed. I am sure we will rectify the plug if and when we locate as the Health and Safety of our guest's is of paramount importance to us.

I will also review the swimmer ratio's to ensure we are well within government guidelines, This limit is currently set at 30. I will also ensure the pool is divided to ensure swimming is possible during the school holidays and periods of high demands from families.

I am sorry that your stay was such a poor one, although I would welcome an opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes. Please do contact me directly to discuss your review as I feel sure we can restore your faith in us.

With kind regards

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a trip to Legoland Windsor. Trip started badly when taxi overcharged part of the group to travel from Heathrow Airport to the hotel - would advise pre-booking taxi from airport.

The hotel itself is no where near public transport so to get between Legoland and hotel you either need to have a car or use taxis. There is an early morning shuttle from the hotel to the park but we never made it. The only way to get to Slough train station is via taxi as well.

The range of food at breakfast was pathetic and you constantly had to ask for things to be re-stocked e.g. glasses for fruit juice, bread for the toaster etc the hot breakfast buffet was unappealing. Staff had to be asked several times for coffee or to re-stock the buffet.

The main hotel restaurant was not open on the first night of the stay despite being told by the receptionist that it was. The bar, as is the case in most hotels, was over priced. The choice of food on the bar menu was tiny. There is a Chinese restaurant within the hotel as well but the menu didn't appeal to the kids.

There was a well equipped gym. The swimming pool was busy but that I suspect had a lot to do with the fact children could only use the pool between certain hours so there was a rush to use it before they were barred. The steam room was the size if a cupboard so as soon as 2 people were inside, it became over-crowded.

The rooms were basic but well maintained. Most staff were helpful and friendly.

The hotel looked better online than it did in real life. On the plus side there was a games room that the children could play that had table football, a pool table and a x-box.

Stayed: April 2014
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to place this review. Sorry to hear that you were overcharged by a heathrow based taxi service, not sure who you used but would agree with your advice that it is advisable to prebook, preferably using our recommended 'Windsor Cars'.
I have forwarded your comments regarding our breakfast and bar food offering to our food & beverage steering committee, however, there are actually over 14 cold items and 9 hot choices at breakfast and the bar menu has 8 main courses, 7 sandwhich choices, (two being hot) plus Paninis, light bites and pies.
Pleased that you enjoyed the gym, the pool is open all day to children, with booking slots a good idea, until the pool is given over to serious swimmers and health club members at 8pm, there is signage at reception and at the entrance to the Club to that effect.
Thank you for your kind comments about our staff which I will be happy to pass on.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back, I will oversee your complete stay for you if that helps, if you just contact me direct.
Kindest regards & best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team & Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Travelodge Slough
Travelodge Slough
#6 of 21 in Slough
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa

Been to Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!