“Decent hotel for Ride the Night...”

Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Cleverly badged as "Slough - Windsor". If you know both areas, you'll know that although they're just next to each other, they're very different! This hotel is actually in Slough but it’s not far to Windsor. We stayed here for 2 nights when my partner did the Women vs Cancer Ride the Night event from Windsor Racecourse. The hotel was a pleasant surprise, well decked out with plenty of facilities. We pre-booked and got a very good room rate, then we upgraded on check-in for £10 to get a business-class room, parking included and a few other things like free Wi-Fi (although this did not work on my iPhone) and free newspaper.

The room on the 5th floor was very well appointed, very large with plenty of space and a decent bathroom, everything in working order. Used the parking under the hotel, easy enough to get in and out using a token from Reception. Used the bar a couple of times and had breakfast on one of the days, although this was not included in the room rate and I thought at £16 each a little on the expensive side. Food at breakfast was your usual buffet fayre, but acceptable enough. We didn't use the hotel's restaurant. We used the hotel’s leisure venue for a dip in the pool & steam room / sauna on the final morning, this was fine if a little tired and looking in need of an update.

We walked into Slough on the afternoon of one of our days, this took about 30 minutes. Not much to see here apart from your usual high street shops and restaurants. We ate at Pizza Express which was fine. We went into Windsor on the last evening and ate at Prezzo, Windsor is a much nicer place :). We also went back there on the final day before coming home and had a wander around the castle. You can walk to the racecourse from his hotel, we did this to get to the event, but it did take about 50 minutes. The easier way is to simply drive the short distance.

Overall this hotel was a good place to stay for the Ride the Night event and we got a very good deal on the room through Trivago, around £60 per night. We think we’ll go back here when we book for next year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Neal2K
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am delighted you and your wife enjoyed your stay.

We are just about to start a project to refurbish the changing rooms in the leisure club, so hopefully when you return next year you will see that we have made significant strides to freshening up the whole hotel.

Look forward to seeing you both soon!

Best regards

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed for two nights. Rooms were extremely large with large bathrooms, very comfy beds. Very busy the day we arrived, parking was full, struggled to find a space. seemed very hectic in reception area, although staff did a good job to get us checked in. Unfortunately the restaurant closed when we arrived, found pizza close by who delivered to the hotel. Morning breakfast had a good choice, and it was easy to get a table, I thought it would have been more difficult considering how busy it was the night before. Very convenient location for London, will stay again when the need arises.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased your found the rooms extremely large and the bed very comfy. All our beds are new and we recognise they are the most important feature in our rooms. I have to agree they are extremely comfortable and always sleep well here.

Hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Visited for a weekend break.

There is a car park on site, underneath the hotel charged at £6. There isn't a lift, so you need to carry your luggage to the first floor reception.

the rooms were spacious and the shower was amazing. The housekeeping was very good and replenished our tea, coffee and toiletries and left our room spotless.

The breakfast is a bit expensive at £15 each and didn't have the widest hot selection.

Close enough to walk into Slough and a nice walk into Windsor via the cycle path.

Room Tip: You can upgrade to Business class for £10, this includes a newspaper, wifi, car parking and an upgra...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim R

Dear Guest

Thank you for placing this review. I am delighted you found our rooms spacious and spotlessly clean.

We have a great team here and I have shared your comments with the housekeeper as recognition from our guests is by far the best motivator!

We do have a lift in the car park, located on the lower car park level. I did undertake a review of the signage, although will revisit this tomorrow with my Maintenance Manager to see what we can do to make things a little clearer. This was the main reason I had the lift re-instated late last year. I am sorry that you had to struggle to the lobby with your luggage and will ensure there is improved signage very soon.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed one night for business. The hotel was busy upon arrival and guest services was swamped. The phone rang and rang and rang and no one picked it up at reception because they were busy with customers. Overall the hotel is decently clean and a moderately priced option. I think it is an acceptable business hotel, but certainly cannot justify higher than a 3 star rating out of five. Pub has a good selection, restaurant is on site.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that your expectations were met.

We are doing a lot of work in the hotel over the coming months and hopefully you will see a real difference next stay and we will achieve more than three.

I was pleased that you found us good value for money and decently clean. Please be assured we really do try to exceed our guests expectations.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

stayed 28th May Tuesday night for a day trip to london with the family we had a fantastic time room was large and very clean we had dinner in the hotel and breakfast, both were was fantasticand the staff were very friendly well done will be back soon

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marco p

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review!

A real pleasure to read and one that I shared with my team today. Thank you so much for your very kind words and for the recognition you have shown my team.

We forward to seeing you again very soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was very pleased with my recent stay at the Copthorne. The stay was part of a package with a visit to LEGOLAND. Warm welcoming hotel that caters well for children. From the mini pool table in the bar to the family friendly pool. My only one negative comment is that the hotel is ready for a refurbishment. We too like another reviewer missed the sign for the lift from the car park. We also enjoyed a meal in the Chinese restaurant and was surprised by how good the food was - loved the pork belly in soy sauce!
Another nice touch - car parking included as part of the package!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Hilary M

Dear Guest

Thank you for placing this review of our hotel. I am very pleased your stay was such a good one.

I am particularly pleased you found our hotel warm and welcoming and that you felt that children were well catered for. We really look forward to this time of year and plan activities and games to keep everyone entertained. This is naturally a work in progress, but hopefully we will please everyone through the LEGOLAND season.

Please be assured I have passed your comments onto our Bugis Street team. They pride themselves on their service and food and I know that your kind words will reward them for their efforts.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very clean hotel, we upgraded on arrival. Staff pleasant, my only complaint would be the cost of breakfast 13 each is excessive. Ideally situated off the motorway and a great base to visit Windsor and surrounding areas

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Connahevan

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing us. I am delighted your stay was such a pleasant one.

I was particularly pleased that you found our hotel very clean and enjoyed your upgraded room.

We are reviewing the cost of breakfast, although there is a significant saving if this is booked online or as part of the package and represents much better value for money. That having been said; we are currently reducing the cost of breakfast in-line with our guests expectations and expect the printing to all be completed by the end of this month.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

David Faull

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Travelodge Slough
Travelodge Slough
#6 of 21 in Slough
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa

Been to Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!