“Perfect for one night stay, free parking, breakfast not included”

Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Really no complaints, this is a typical business hotel located just off of the M4 which is perfect for a trip into or out of London. I got a great last-minute rate for a Sunday night. The room was very clean, a king-sized bed (in a double room), and the staff were very friendly. There's not a lot of "character" for this hotel but I highly doubt anyone stays here for a local feel. There were a lot of business people in the hotel and some people it seemed that were there to visit Windsor Castle. The parking is included (park in the lot below the hotel and pick up a token from reception as you leave) but breakfast was not included.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We were all pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay here with us, you were quite right when you said that there are a lot of guests here on business and a lot of families, these are with their children who are off to Legoland, Windsor and other local attractions, sometimes a bit of a tightrope to walk but we consider ourselves very lucky to have that mix and try very hard to be 'all things to all people'.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.
With kindest regards & best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team & Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,718)

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed on Saturday evening. Got back home to find they had taken two payements for the room.

One was the actual bill and the other was for "pre authorised" which the hotel staff insisted that no money was taken. When we called to query it they blamed our bank and said it was nothing to do with them. Bank said otherwise! And reversed it as a fraudulent claim.

Lots of reports of them doing this on here. Be aware and avoid hotel at all costs.

Oh and ps.. If you are staying here Park in the bottom car park you don't need a token to exit saving you £6. Barrier comes up without one.

Shambles of a hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank UKMark-7

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. It was extremely upsetting to read your comments and the heading........
I can absolutely and sincerely state that we have never, and will never, make any transaction that is not correct and proper to any guest.
Preauthorisation is standard practice and is your room rate plus £50 per night which is authorised on your card against any incidental spend. These amounts are reserved funds which reduces your available balance and may show as an actual transaction on your statement. These funds are held by the card issuer, not the hotel. We release the reserved funds or a credit when we close the transaction on departure. The processing time varies with different card issuers.
I hope that the above information clarifies the situation.
Kind regards
Maggie Coonan
Personal Assistant to General Manager - David Faull.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Ah where do I start? My deluxe room was way off the mark. (Millennium u can, and have done better - much better) I asked for an upgrade and offered to pay to go to club ( afterwards learnt these are frankly no better, DON'T believe the web site photos these are at best deception, at worst fraud!) but no go, rooms already 'allocated', and not an 'Modernised' one, read duty manager can't be bothered, not that I saw him/her. The room is crowned by the lovely bathroom - faded silicone sealant, 1980s fittings and scary shower curtain over a tiny bath, horrid, cheap, nasty products that i wouldn't wash my cat with to top it off, the scratchy towels are to behold (I'd sooner use the duvet which is at least soft, and may well do so). The internet is free, well at least for me, but swings between uber fast (super) and so slow the latency makes you want to watch the beige gloss paint dry - is it too much to ask for a decent connection in a 'business' hotel? Bed, comfy - but all other fittings frankly need to be thrown in a skip; Down to the pictures and pealing wallpaper. The AC temp control is at best random - I really don't believe it does anything; and the standard lamp rather comically leans (to the left ). Don't pay more than £100 (at a push) go to Windsor and drive - I'm not saying the hotel is not worth it but top line for me is at £50 a night, otherwise forget it - millennium you really need to do better. The Chinese (in house) is ok, but frankly the only plus is a swimming pool that i won't be using, as if the attention to detail at over a ton a night is this high , then I value my health allot higher! Millennium sort this mess out, tell me you have and I may stay with you again, but not here now, and not in peak season as to ask £200, as apparently is the case, makes me laugh so much it could spark off my bladder problem. As regards 'updating' the excuse is lame - a premium price demands a reasonable level of quality, if this cannot be delivered then simply don't ask it and you don't receive the review(s), I look forward to your reply, but don't ask me to contact as this serves as a caution to future guests as the hotel stands now. Before you ask - hyatt gold, hilton gold and ihg platinum ambassador - millennium - none, and probably will remain so - sorry. As an addendum the food from the main restaurant is commendable, good and with imagination - again please don't use this as a BIG plus as food is a given, a 1980 experience for a price really isn't, avoid.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank bear12345
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Oh dear, I dont know where to start either except with an apology for the fact that everything was a disappointment to you except for the food in our Retrouve Restaurant.
We welcome approximately 9000 guests per month and thankfully the vast majority go away happy (or we would be out of business), that having been said, it is genuinly upsetting for us all here when we read comments from a guest who was obviously bitterly disappointed by pretty much every aspect of their stay.
I cannot properly investigate without dates of stay and your room number - I can promise you though that no deception is practiced by us at hotel level or by Millennium Copthorne in the website photographs of our rooms.
I respect the fact that you dont wish to speak with me but do take this opportunity to renew our apologies to you.
With kind regards
Maggie Coonan
P A to General Manager

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had stayed at this hotel two years ago and it has certainly improved a lot since then. We stayed in a Club Room and it was excellent. The room was comfortable with good amenities, the bed comfortable and a big TV. The benefits of a Club Room seemed excellent to us. We had complimentary soft drinks in the mini bar, free parking, bathrobe/slippers etc and access to the Club Lounge.

Some previous reviews have not been impressed with this, but we thought it was a nice touch. The Club Lounge on the sixth floor had a wonderful view of Windsor Castle and offered a quiet place to sit. There was 24 hour coffee here as well as soft drinks in the fridge. In the morning there was a light breakfast available (pastries, cheese, fruit, juice and cereal). There was not a great deal left out, but we were able to have a light breakfast on both mornings of our stay which was a real bonus for us. In the evening there was a 'wine/canape' hour. Again, the quantities weren't great, but the actual canapes were delicious and the wine was good too. I don't know what the previous guests were complaining about for this complimentary addition to our hotel experience. If you wanted more food or drink there were bars and restaurants on the ground floor where you cold get whatever you wanted.

The pool area probably needs refurbishment, but the pool is big enough to swim lengths and the steam room and sauna were fine. We didn't use the gym but it was big and well equipped.

All of this for a very reasonable price, why did this review only get 4 stars and not 5??

There were a couple of issues which need not have happened and which were really frustrating.

When I made the booking several months ago, I requested a child's bed to be put in the room. I telephoned the day before the visit to confirm this and was told all was in order. However, when we arrived, there was no child's bed to be seen. There really is no excuse for this.

I was travelling with my daughter and her family. They had only booked for one night, so I went to the desk to see if their room was available for a second night. I was told it was and given a good rate for the extra night. I made it clear that I needed to pay for this extra night and was told to come to the desk the following evening to pay for it. However, the full amount for the second night was taken from my daughter's account that day. This caused them problems and again, should not have happened. I was happy to pay for the room on booking, but was told to pay the following day.

I am not sure if these issues are to do with staff training or with the hotel systems, but neither should have happened and could easily be resolved.

The management appear to have done a lot to improve the hotel over the last few years. I hope that the refurbishment continues and that the systems/training issues are resolved. The hotel was exceptional value for money and we will continue to stay here when we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Frissels
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sparing the time to write your review, I was pleased that you noticed that we have made improvements over the last couple of years as we have spent huge amounts of money and time doing so and these improvements are ongoing today.
I do agree that there was no excuse for the Z bed not being put in your room for your arrival as promised or for the billing issue that caused problems for your daughter but I was pleased to see that it did not appear to have marred your stay and that you will be coming back to stay with us again.
I can promise retraining as you requested and will ensure that the two relevant Heads of Department are alerted and can monitor going forward.
Delighted that you found us to be exceptional value for money - we certainly try very hard to be.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

we stayed at this hotel for one night .We found it very nice.very clean and a good location next to langley. it was the best price we found around .the area . we chosed not to have breakfast at &14.00 each .
We went to the pool on the evening at half seven .the pool was very cloudly . .The rules was children to be out 7pm . And the whirl pool stated on the wall children under 8 not allowed in . no rules was carried out , sunday morning was even worse parents sat on the side . whirl pool full of children under the years of 8 .if you fancy a quiet swim asked at the desk and make sure there's no swimming lessons.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jonlotus

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, I was concerned to read your comments regarding the pool in Le Club and have attached a reply to you from the Leisure Club Manager which I hope will answer your obvious concerns - I do hope that you will consider coming back to us in the not too distant future...

Dear Guest,
Thank you for visiting Fitness Express at Le Club Health & Fitness, Copthorne Hotel Slough Windsor. May I sincerely apologise for the disappointment you had in relation to our Swimming Pool.
From your description I believe you visited us Saturday evening and Sunday morning.
We do have an adult only swim time of 20:00-22:00 Monday- Saturday and Sunday 19:00-21:00. I do apologise if you were given incorrect information in relation to Saturdays adult swim time.
I absolutely agree that children under 8 should not use the Whirlpool; it is not suitable for them. As our poolside is not permanently lifeguarded we do rely on parents taking note of the important safety instructions displayed on Poolside and adhering to them. I have however reinforced this to my Team to ensure that they are proactive in removing children from the Whirlpool if necessary.
I was extremely surprised to hear your comments referring to our water clarity as our Pool is normally crystal clear. I have checked back through our logs and all disinfectant levels were well within the normal levels as was the PH. Having checked with my Duty Manager he has informed me that a scheduled filter backwash had been carried out and there was simply air in the system- absolutely nothing to worry about, but I agree that it would have looked unsightly.
Our swimming lessons are vital to the Club to enable us to progress with our rolling refurbishment programme. We have installed extra spectator seating and a guest relax area to attempt to minimise the impact that our Lessons have on Guests. Once again please accept my apologies for any inconvenience they may have caused. I will liaise with my instructor to devise a solution on managing spectators better.
We have a confirmed refurbishment planned for September of our Changing Areas and upgrades in the Gym. I do hope you come back to see them.

Steven Chadwick
Leisure Club Manager
Fitness Express

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Four of us stayed here in 2 rooms for a night after a whole day at Royal Ascot. The rooms were spacious and clean with one of the most powerful showers ever. We stayed on the 5th floor and had outstanding views to our neighbour's property - The Queen!
Staff were very friendly, helpful and polite. Some people needed to get changed before leaving for Ascot and, because check in wasn't til 2pm, the leisure centre facilities were made available for a freshen up and change. This was a great idea.
We ate at the oriental restaurant and it was quite good value for money.
All in all, a very pleasant stay and we will return.

Room Tip: The views from the highest floors are amazing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rhidep

Dear Guest,
Loved your comments - thank you so much. Ascot week has always been my favourite time at the hotel, such great outfits and hats and as for the shoes.....trouble is I always want to escape & go racing myself! Hope you won.
Glad you had a good view of our illustrious neighbours, the Duke of Edinburgh actually opened this hotel, certainly didnt have too far to travel.
Delighted to see that you plan to return, we will look forward to that.
With kindest regards & best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team & Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough-Windsor.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed here over the last 4 nights on our trip to Legoland. On arrival the hotel seemed fine, it is in a terrific location as it is just off the motorway so really easy to find. The car park was also great as required barrier entry/exit and was located underneath the hotel. We had a standard room (2 adults + 2 children) which suited us fine (we were not expecting anything amazing). The room was clean and maid service tidied and changed towels daily. We also enjoyed breakfast which had lots of choice (cereal, cooked items, fruit, yoghurt, pastries and continental items). It is also a very easy drive to Legoland and Windsor which is beautiful.
The only thing thing that we found an issue was the temperature in the bedroom at night however the weather was very warm so did expect that!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynne G

Dear guest,
So pleased to see that your stay was a good one, 4 nights is a long time to stay in a hotel so your kind remarks mean a great deal as you must have made the most of all the facilities we had on offer and were in a perfect position to comment, I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor
Premier Inn Slough Hotel

Been to Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!