“Kids will love it!”

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Kids will love it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel's unique asset is its location, very convenient if one is on the way to Legoland, a distance within minutes, really. Could do with slightly bigger rooms for families of four, like ours. Clean inside and fairly pleasant. A pity the car park is not free, but at least you are spared the time looking for something. Rather embarrassing was the dull and slow reception staff, as if we were a nuisance, honestly. After a long journey with kids one expects to get into the room as soon as possible. We did love breakfast though, even if a bit pricey, but fortunately the children, both below 7, could enjoy free meals. They were particularly fond of Ana, a girl who served us with such enthusiasm and delight that the kids keep going on all the time about getting back to see her again. So we probably will.

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room if you are with kids.
Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Maggie_Copthorne, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for placing your review. Very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and delighted to read your comments about our Anna, she is a firm favourite with us all and I am told she can get kids to eat their baked beans and their vegetables - move over Nanny McPhee!!!
So sorry you had a less than perfect check in.......
I do hope however that you will come and stay with us again.
Kindest regards & Best Wishes from the General Manager, Management Team & Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Have stay with my girlfriend in the hotel last week, very pleased with reception service, very helpful and friendly staff. Breakfast in the Sunday morning was lovely, lot of choices and special thank you to lovely girl Tina, she was very helpful and have looked after us very well.
Was jus disappointed with car parking charge, which was £6 pounds, but otherwise all was great and we had lovely stay.
Would definitely recommended

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank oscar o
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for telling us all. Thank you also for your recommendation which means - I hope - that you will come back and stay with us again.
Dundee, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel as was informed could get to legoland easy but I don't drive so it costs. 30 quid a day to visit legoland by taxi no bus near and I tried to bus it but fare all in came to 11 quid so better for another 4 quid to get taxi . And 25 pound each way to airport . Breakfast is good but not worth 13,50 for an adult don't no what kid paid as I paid for b an b for 4 days.hotel restaurant shut on Sunday so another 12 quid to get to Windsor for evening meal or u can have a snack in bar but there's really nothing for kids but if you like an want u Indians then it's 10 mn walk. Evening meals are 17 quid and 7 for over 7s ,kids have 1 choice or pizza adults it's choice of cpl things not worth the money.for meals but hotel is ok for a base only if you drive...

• Stayed July 2014
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear guest,
Transport certainly is expensive and what a difficult journey, Legoland bought the Windsor Safari Park site which naturally wasnt in a town so it is obviously a bit off the beaten track, which was a relief when it was full of beautiful animals that would happily eat you for lunch if you were foolish enough to get out of your car!!
Sorry you thought us expensive, we try very hard indeed to keep our families happy with under 7s eating free off the buffet and dedicated childrens menus tailored to their tastes.
I do hope you will consider staying with us again, watch out for special offers on third party agents sites...
Kindest regards & best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team & Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed for 2 nights during our trip to lego land in Windsor. The staff were brilliant very helpful, the full English breakfast was lovely just what you need for a full day, there was also fresh fruit and other choices. We used the pool but had to book (I did this before we arrived I called the week before). We paid for the car park in with the hotel so would recommend you do this as the prices were high if your not aware of this before you travel. The rooms were a little dated but we were only in them to clean and sleep so fine for that. The rooms had kettle and coffee, a bath and shower. Clean towels daily and beds made. There was food served at tea time but we chose to go into Windsor which is a must if you have the time. Our over all experience was good if we ever go to legoland again we will be stopping again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Victoria T
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your great review and kind comments. Delighted to hear that we did a good job for you and that you will come and stay with us again.
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Nice and tidy hotel. Perfect localization (near to Windsor and Legoland). With my kids we stayed at the hotel for 3 days in late June. The food is good, the room is nice (could do with a bigger bed!) but the staff well and truly make up for any deficiencies this hotel might have. Especialy we enjoyed Anna who has verry good contact with my kids (she knew even how to cinvince them to eat beans :) Thank you Anna you made our time there! Additional children under 7yo eat dinner for free what is brilliant idea. Only one thing which is unacceptable there is that you have to pay for parking.
Definitely I recomend this place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for sparing the time to write this lovely review. I think that out of all of it my favourite part is the things you wrote about Anna, she is a valued member of our team here and if she can persuade kids to eat things that are good for them then she is even better than we knew!!
So pleased to hear you will come back - we'll start on the cabbage then..........
wiltshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Obviously you don,t select a slough hotel for many things other than convenience. And once you have forced the car out into the road,and its no use waiting patiently, you can travel n.s.e.w. very quickly. ie its very well positioned for road travel.
Unlike others,i thought the underground carpark instantly accessible hugely convenient and worth the £6 overnight fee and without the need to feed a stupid ticket machine.
My room featured two double beds and would be ideal for swingers .The bathroom was nicely fitted but that said both rooms showing the need for remedial work to the odd dinge to wallpaper or tea stains to carpet. I managed to get free wifi in the room,but it was a bit iffy.
At £48,room only, it was the cheapest hotel room i could buy off google,and was comparable to a de vere,or a premier,way better than travelodge .At the right price i would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thoroughly enjoyed your review, thank you for writing it! I can see from your road traffic advice that you have spent time abroad and are made of sterner stuff than the likes of me, I was pleased however that you found us to be well placed (I think).
I see that you were in one of our family rooms, I dont know why it has never occurred to me that they have a dual role to play, however, we are continuing with our refurbishment throughout the hotel and should you decide to stay with us again, I believe that you will see improvements and hopefully tell us all about it!!
Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We paid £53 for the standard room, this didn't include breakfast and car parking was another £6!! What a cheek! I wouldn't call this hotel 4 stars, the rooms were okay but nothing special, I would say 3 stars to be realistic. The bed was rock hard and the flashing lights from the smoke alarm were very annoying! Breakfast was very expensive so wasn't going to pay that on top and you don't even get free wifi. Check in took ages and the woman checking us in didn't seem very intelligent either. Upon check out no one bothered to ask if we enjoyed our stay. I mentioned that the flashing lights from the smoke alarm, which are right by the bed are rather annoying. I don't know why you would put them there and not in the corridor away from the bed. I have stayed in nicer hotels in better locations for less. Would not stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sparing the time to write your review, so sorry that you did not find us to be good value for money which is actually something we try very hard indeed to be; we work with third party websites and always have offers which we try to make as attractive as possible to everyone.
Smoke alarms are fitted slightly to one side of beds in hotels as that is where you lie sleeping and should - heaven forbid - there be a fire, even the heaviest sleepers need to be woken immediately. The blinking light is there to show that it is live and will work and does not glow through eyelids when your eyes are closed.
I wish that my colleague who checked you out had enquired about your stay as it would have been a pleasure to try and redeem ourselves, please accept my apologies that you had cause for complaint.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
De Vere Beaumont Estate
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Premier Inn Slough Hotel
Macdonald Windsor Hotel

Been to Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!