“Very convenient”

Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Slough
“Very convenient”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Booked through Budget Family Breaks as part of a package for Legoland. Have to say we were very pleased. The room was pleasant & the breakfast was excellent with lots of choice. My only issue is that I found the bed & pillows very hard - a bit like sleeping on lego bricks in fact!

1 Thank CazzW18
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for telling us. Sorry that you found our beds hard, they are all practically brand new and so far we have only had good reports, perhaps you are like me, prefer a very soft bed. There is a pillow mix in all bedrooms of 2 firm and 2 soft on the bed and spares in the wardrobes, I am sorry if you were not aware of this, it is mentioned in the guests directory on the desk.
We all hope that you will come and stay with us again.
Kindest regards & best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team and Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Turkish first
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed for two nights to attend the Doctor Who Cares charity event. I was immediately obvious at check-in that the hotel staff were attentive and efficient. The room was spotless and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. The 3 course buffet dinner amazing value. With an expansive fitness suit, swimming pool and comfortable bar area, the Copthorne Hotel is and ideal location for a break, a visit to Windsor or LEGOLAND or a business meeting. The staff are, undoubtedly, the highlight.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and this is where the exceptional Club rooms are.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Phil H
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Phil

Thank you so much for your positive review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and also the Dr Who convention.

I was very pleased that you found your room spotless and comfortable and that all the team were attentive and efficient.

Reviews like yours make it a joy to do what we do.

Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Best regards

Sandy,Bedfordshire
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Booking this hotel had to be done as it was my sisters wedding day and this was the nearest and the biggest to house all her guests over from her husband-to-be's native Ireland and all her guests mainly from England.

I am paraplegic and so me and my wife had to book a disabled room so it was big enough for wheelchair maneuvering and wide enough door frames. Entering the room we immediately noticed the 'double' bed was like a large single. My wife rang reception where they stated that all the double beds in the hotel where the same size so this could not be changed. Instead they brought up a single fold up bed for my wife to sleep on. Seriously, it was a fold up camp bed. Absolute joke considering their room rates were almost extortionate here. Having then seen a few of the other guest rooms with King Size beds in we now know the receptionist was a complete liar.

The bar was an utter rip-off as well. 3 half pints of Coke-Cola cost nearly £7! The staff here on the main reception didn't seem to have a clue of their responsibilities either. In the morning I went down to breakfast with my parents who had already had their breakfast paid for by my sister at £15.95. I was expecting T-bone steak with a side if cavier for this money, And what did I get? Stodgy half cooked fry-up bits in help yourself silver containers that tasted like warmed up rations they had just dug out of the cupboard. Seriously, I should have driven to McDonalds for a more appetising start to my day.

So as you can probably tell by my ranting here, this place is a dive from top to bottom. Unless you have this booked through a travel agent then they want shooting. Or you have a Swiss bank account then why should you care about being ripped off, its only money. I begrudge even giving at a star but thats Tripadvisors website so I cannot give it a zero.

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

5 Thank John197948
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear John

Thank you for placing this review an this third party site. I am sorry your expectations were clearly not met on this occasion.

We have made several attempts to contact you directly in order to fully redeem ourselves in your eyes and have spoken to your wife, although since our initial contact we have been unable to address your concerns in the way we would wish to.

I am extremely keen to speak to you and would welcome the opportunity to fully resolve your concerns. Please contact me directly on:david.faull@millenniumhotels.co.uk.

David Faull

Travellers are raving about these Slough hotels

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I was extremely happy with my stay at this hotel, the rooms are very clean and comfy. My 2 children loved their time in the hotels swimming pool and hot tub. We dined one night at the restaurant there which happened to be a lovely buffet, I would like to applaud one member of staff in particular which was Mark, such a lovely guy, great sense of humour and fab at his job. Would definitely recommend

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank aimeefr
Dear Aimee

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased your stay was such a memorable one.

We look after a large number of families during the LEGOLAND season and it is always nice to know that our extra efforts do not go un-noticed. I was particularly please that Mark received a special mention and will of course share this with him to ensure he continues to strive to deliver the very best service he can.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed here lest night and was amazed hiw good my stay was. I would especially like to mention how attentive Mark in the restaurant was. He is exactly what a quality hotel restaurant needs to keep their customers heppy. The buffet style food was perfect for my family and myself. Overall 10 out of 10.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank bazza270973
Dear Bazza

Thank you for your lovely review. I am so happy that your stay was such a good one.

I was particularly happy that you enjoyed the food in our restaurant and also that special praise was given to Mark for taking such good care of you. Please be assured that I will pass your comments onto Mark and ensure he received his incentive in the hope that our recognition will drive our teams passion on focus on our guest's.

Thank you again, look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Liverpool
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Booked a family get away through Lego Land holidays.

Upon arrival, hotel is dated and needs repainting. The room we had was dirty, the windows still had forehead, hands and finger prints on it. Upon cleaning them off, the cloth was black. The room had not been cleaned properly, it smelt unclean.

No infant cot provided, even though booked.

Due to lateness of our arrival, we decided to stay in the hotel for our evening meal. There was a buffet meal on. The food was warm and not very hot, the rice was dry and the choice was very, very limited.

Breakfast was OK, on the first morning, however on our second and thankfully our last morning, there was that many people eating, we and a number of other people where shoved into a small room away from the restaurant. Here we had to get our own warm tea and coffee and walk through the reception part to get our breakfast from the buffet and walk back through.

A four star hotel it is not! Dirty, musty, un organised and food was disgusting, should be ashamed to call it self a four star. I have stayed in many three stars before and they all out perform this. If this is a hotel recommended by legoland and it is where visitors come to stay while visiting this country, I am ashamed this is something on offer.

I did raise my issues with staff and was offered some help, however, should be much cleaner, organised more and should be over all a better hotel living up to its star rating.

Room Tip: Book the Holiday Inn Express over the road.
2 Thank Chris M
Dear Chris

Thank you for placing this review on this third party site. I am sorry that your stay was such a poor one.

I was shocked by your comments and more than a little embarrassed; particularly regarding your comments about dinner and breakfast as we have spent a considerable amount of time preparing contingency plans for the very large numbers we have at breakfast at this time of year. This is partly why we open our second restaurant, although this should be manned and have its own reduced buffet. The sole purpose of opening both restaurants is to ensure that waiting is kept to an absolute minimum.

On sharing your comments with the team I could see that they were as disappointed as I am. We are extremely proud of our team and work with them to ensure they enjoy their positions and develop a career with the company. Clearly this was not your experience and for that I am sorry. We realise that we cannot always get it right, although please be assured we certainly try our very best every day to ensure that all our guests enjoy their short time with us.

If you would like to discuss this directly please do contact me and I would be happy to listen to your concerns.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We decided to hold our indian pre wedding party here after visiting many venues in the area. Copthorne stood out as it was very accessible, looked nice fromt heo utside, and even nicer inside. Our rooms were perfect for 150 guests with a bar area and toilets nearby. We used Passage to india to cater our food, so everything was agreed with Jas Singh, the Events Coordinator who gave us a great party. Everyone is still telling us how good the event was, at such a nice hotel that some of them hadnt been to but would definitely reconsider. Thanks for all your help Jas - we couldnt have given the party without your skills!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank BritishIndianFamily
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review, it was great to hear that your event lived up to your expectations and very kind of you to say so.
I have forwarded your kind comments on to all the team and of course to Jas, who I believe has now grown even taller!
May we all take this opportunity to wish you both a long and happy life - we are so pleased to have been part of it.
With kindest regards & best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team & Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor
Macdonald Windsor Hotel

Been to Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!