“great weekend”

Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Really nice time spent in this hotel. Nice atmosphere, great breakfast, friendly stuff (thanks for Ania, nice girl who served us a breakfast). Strongly recommend this place for all kinds of travellers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words and thank you for giving Anna a mention - she certainly does a wonderful job for us and has a real love for children and they love her right back!!
We will look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Kindest regards & best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team and Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Property is average...tired, but clean.

If looking for somewhere that's cheap its ok, but dont expect 4*. Ive stayed in better places of 3* quality.

Club rooms are ok, nothing special to rave about (cant work out if worth the extra money?) Shower / bath had mould in the grouting and the bathroom flooded even if shower curtain was closed. Air con does not work...Couldn't open the windows either for air!

The club room breakfast was not checked / replenished frequently. Dirty pots lying around.... Staffing levels an issue... Not sure? I sat in there having to wait for food to be replenished (15 mins). When the food eventually arrived it was average...bread, croissants, cheese, juice...that type of thing (continental). I love this type of breakfast, but the bread was 'stale'/dry and nothing apart from butter to put on it. Marmite, jam or peanut butter would of been good. As for getting a cup of tea...forget it! No hot water available, as machine broken.

Checking out of the hotel...horrendous!!!

Patiently waited at 'check in / out' desk whilst member of staff dashed to take a call on the other desk. He knew we were there waiting, but served another couple before us after his call. I 'bit my tongue' & waited patiently... im kind of a chilled person anyway. He then went to serve another couple, as if we were invisible!!! Enough was enough so mentioned to him 'we're next' with a smile. The response was dreadful....not how can I help?, but 'this is MY desk' in a very arrogant voice! 'Wont get served standing there'.
Wow... that's attitude.. I was shocked to be honest. Customer service?...Maybe a change of career required for that guy?!

As for actually checking out once served, BE AWARE!!!
Same gentleman insisted he took my credit card for payment, however the room was already paid for in full (deposit in advance and remaining balance on arrival).This lead to a 'heated' discussion, as you can imagine!

Listening to other guests in the 'club room', they thought the same.....'dated' rooms, customer service poor and breakfast issues. Not true to the Millennium / Copthorne brand....need to improve Slough. ...massively!

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Blondie5571
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Blondie5571

Thank you for placing your review on this third party site. I was extremely disappointed to read your comments and sincerely apologise for your poor experience.

I would be grateful if you would contact me directly to discuss further as we would certainly not want this experience to be your lasting impression of us.

Please contact me directly on: david.faull@millenniumhotels.co.uk.

Regards

David Faull

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Used this hotel with our family. Hotel room was a little boys dream with a stunning distant view of Windsor castle. Food and staff in the buffet restaurant were a welcome relief after a busy day, with a good choice and one of the best curries I have had for years. Would recommend better presentation of the food as we didn't know there was a children's choice until already having chosen an adult meal for our kids (although they didn't mind this) Swimming pool was lovely too. Would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tanya S

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your very kind and welcome review. Pleased that you enjoyed your room and your view of our illustrious neighbours - I often wonder if their guests look over at us.......
I have let Chef know that you so enjoyed his curry, he was thrilled to hear that. Thank you also for your recommendations, that means a lot to us all.
We will look forward to looking after you again.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, friendly staff, nice air conditioned room, buffet breakfast great but avoid the Chinese restaurant in the hotel, food poor and staff were really rude when we complained about the food! 10 minute drive from Windsor castle and Windsor village is beautiful!

Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Frieda M

Dear Guest,
Delighted that you enjoyed your stay and kind of you to say so. I was extremely disappointed though to read of your experience in our Bugis Street Restaurant. I will take this up with the Manager who will I am sure, be shocked and concerned to hear of it. It is very unusual indeed however to get anything but praise for both their food and their service, please accept my apologies and rest assured that we will monitor the situation closely to ensure no repeats.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

we stayed here as part of the LEGOLAND deal. we had a lovely spacious room which was very clean. lots of choice for breakfast my only bug bear was we had to queue for 25 mins until we could get a table. apart from this everything was fine and we would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank earreys

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind words and for sharing them. Delighted to hear that your stay was a success, sorry about the queue for breakfast - we do advise our guests at weekends to try & avoid peak times where possible as with 219 bedrooms, some holding families of four, you can imagine that no hotel could manage 500+ people for breakfast if they all came down at the same time.....
So pleased to hear that you will come and stay with us again, we will look forward to that.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Nice friendly staff, especially floss in the breakfast very sweet lady and kids loved her. Stayed for three nights, had the three course dinner each night and kids ate free with adult so good value, we found it lovely. Nice bar and rooms good, might be a bit dated and some water marks here and there but beds good comfy everyone slept well, big tv, clean and plenty of towels. I found the area nice had a walk around. But you will need a taxi to and from legoland and it's £16-17 each way for 7 seater, shop 10 min walk hotel don't sell smokes :-(..... But good relaxed stay.
All in all I liked the hotel and would stay again, the pool is also nice with sauna ect.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank yvonne d
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to the General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Such a lovely review, thank you, we are very grateful for it. I was delighted to read your comments about our Floss, she has been with us a very long time but was a member of our housekeeping team until around 2 months ago when she joined our Food & Beverage team, she has found her forte I believe, loves all the kids, which they appear to sense and does everything at a run. She has always liked making people happy and now she gets the chance to do that face to face - lovely!!
So pleased to hear that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We had a large group of people staying here for our wedding which was taking place nearby. Nearly everyone had some sort of issue when checking in or out, nothing was straightforward. The staff were disinterested, there also weren't enough of them to cope at busy times. We wanted to pay for 3 rooms upfront at check-in instead of paying when checking out. This seemed like a big deal to the girl at reception but she took our card and put the transactions through. However, when it came to checking out we were told that 2 rooms hadn't been paid for, only 1 had. So I have no idea what the girl did at check-in but clearly she cocked it up royally. We were also told one morning that breakfast wasn't included (it was) so we paid £32 (yes really!) for 2 breakfasts. We brought this up at check out, they didn't seem to believe us and then tried to tell us we must have only paid £16 so that's what they would refund. We insisted that we paid double (although we didn't get a receipt) so they eventually relented and refunded us the right amount. The bar is SO expensive, a large glass of wine was £9.45! 3 halves of coke was £7.20. Ridiculous. The car park is also a rip off, guests shouldn't have to pay to park here. All in all, I would avoid like the plague. The hotel itself is fine but the staff and the service are appalling. Go elsewhere, there are loads of other hotels nearby who probably appreciate their customers more than the Copthorne.

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank KalexPlymouth_Devon

Dear KelexPlymouth

Thank you for placing this review. I am sorry that your stay was clearly such a poor one.

I have shared your comments with my senior team in the hope that we will be able to learn from them and where necessary address the shortfall. Clearly there are some comments that we could and should have responded to better and hopefully going forward we will.

Thank you again for your review, although I would have preferred to address this with you directly and naturally would be happy to hear your concerns directly to see if there is any way we could redeem ourselves. Please contact me on: david.faull@millenniumhotels.co.uk.

Regards

David Faull

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Macdonald Windsor Hotel

Been to Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!