Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
US$63
US$45
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5(Colnbrook)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$107
US$94
US$74
US$71
Langley Guest House(Slough)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$74
Agoda.com
1,786 results
All reviewsclub roombugis streetswimming poolleisure facilitieslegoland packagevisiting legolandbuffet styleweekend breakbooked this hoteltwo double bedsminute drivecar parkingstayed for one nightyogurtwindsormaggiemotorway
Reviewed 18 April 2010

From start to finish Eastbourne Rugby Club Minis Tour experienced a great time at the Copthorne, Slough. Catering for 150 people with over sixty children of varying ages the standard of service and assistance was first class.
The booking team facilitated our unique needs with utmost proficiency and enabled the whole party to enjoy their stay.
The hotel staff worked tirelessly to give a stress free booking in process.
The swimming pool was reserved for the afternoon to enable all of the children in the party a swim.
The rooms were spacious and comfortable.
Breakfast was perfect - a room set aside for the whole party presenting a hot and cold buffet cooked to perfection.
Thanks to a great team!!

• Stayed: April 2010
magguie, P A to Area General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2010

Thank you for your kind remarks, we enjoyed hosting your event and look forward to seeing you all again. Kind regards and best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team & staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Reviewed 15 April 2010

We stayed her one night whilst attending a wedding, and we were very disappointed. The rooms are very standard and in need of a revamp. The bathrooms are again very small, with mouldy showerhead and brown algae around the bath. My little one actually refused to have a bath, as she said it was dirty. The toilet seat was half falling off. Our room fan was broken and i woke up at 2.30am in the morning to find our room baking of heat as the thermostat was also faulty. The staff were good and switched the fan off from the main switch, which wasnt ideal for the next morning as we had no fan, and the rooms are very stuffy. I will never stay at the hotel again. Customer service however was good.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family

So very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the standard of your bedroom. I am unable to investigate your comments properly without your room number, please contact me privately to enable me to do so. We are constantly improving our hotel and should you decide to stay again I can ensure you are allocated a room which has been refurbished. Sorry to hear your little girl thought the bath sealant discolouration was algae, that is absolutley not the case, we have a very strong housekeeping team here and comments are usually positive. I look forward to hearing from you in due course and apologise again for your disatisfaction. With kind regards from the Management & Staff of the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor

Reviewed 12 April 2010

just 10 mintes drive from windsor and legoland, easy to find just offf the M4. Chose to stay here as a base for chessington world of adventures and legoland. Room nice size and very clean, staff friendly and helpful. Not impressed with leisure facilities: pool cold so everyone was trying to get into the Jacuzzi to keep warm which doesnt work, staff told me just a hot tub? which wasnt even hot. Tiny steam room and a sauna which didnt work all weekend. The west036 restaurant was fantastic,had a meal for a family get together and was well worth it, service was excellent.The retrouve restautant however was terrible, very expensive and not worth it, £16 for a burger which was dry, childrens buffet was worse not fresh, everything stuck together it was so dry looked like it had been sitting for hours. I had a prawn cocktail which consisted of prawns and mayonnaise squirted on top as a starter then a chicken burger with 6 chips. My husband had a pasta dish which they tried to serve with grated cheddar cheese because they didnt have anything else. My children had a chicken platter which was so over cooked and dry it was left almost untouched. The bill came to £120 including a bottle of wine and wasnt even up to pub food standard never mind a restaurant in a good hotel chain. We complained at the restaurant, the reception and when we checked out, no one was bothered. On our last night we were recommended an italian on Eton hight street only a few miles away by car. Excellent food, service and at a reasonalble price. Worth travelling to Windor or Eton for a meal out both lovely places to eat and visit.

Chessington world of adventures was a good day out about half an hour drive away, lots of rides for all ages, plent of places to grab a snack, we tried the noodle bar which was £5 per portion. Legoland to was good fun but rides more for younger children, although the lego cities were well worth a walk around, had a really good laugh all day, long queues for rides so might we worth buying a qbot pass to get on quicker. we spend 90 minutes waiting for the laser ride which was over in a flash. Water rapids were our favourite and the queue went down very quickly.

We would stay here again as a good location to get around to attractions but would choose to eat else where or west036 but this wasnt open on a sunday night. A nice hotel for the price.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
magguie, PA to Area General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2010

So sorry to hear there were elements of your stay that were disappointing. Delighted you enjoyed West 36 restaurant and that you were pleased with your room and found our staff both friendly & helpful.
We have investigated your comments and would be pleased to share our findings if you would contact me direct .
Look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Reviewed 2 April 2010

I have just returned home from a three night stay at this hotel with my wife and two children (9 and 5). I've had a good experience at Copthorne hotels elsewhere so I jumped at what was a good deal to stay at this Copthorne for a short family holiday at Legoland Windsor. Unfortunately, we were quite disappointed.

Check-in is supposed to be from 2:00pm but our room was not available until after 2:30pm, despite our having been waiting around the lobby since midday. This was a bad start after a long drive from South Wales when all we wanted to do was check-in and chill-out.

We had booked a family room but the room to which we were assigned (224) had just one proper double bed and a sofa bed. Granted, we should have checked at booking time what exactly was meant by 'family room'. But I think that for most people the term would suggest more than one proper bed in the room! Our kids weren't going to get a good night's sleep sharing a badly sprung sofa bed so we had no choice but to pay an extra £40 per night to upgrade to a junior suite (207). Although still only having one proper bed, this at least had sufficient space for each child to get their own folding bed.

The weather turned cold and on our second night at the hotel the room was very cold. Adjusting the temperature control seemed to make no difference. My wife duly complained at reception. The result was spectacular overcompensation - the room was roasting on our third night and sleeping was very difficult. Again, the temperature controls seemed to make no difference. My wife overheard other guests complaining about the heat in their rooms too.

In all the hotels I have stayed in over the years, I don't think I have ever been asked to show the card saying "please show this when charging items to your room" or words to that effect. Usually, you give your room number, they type it into the till, your name pops up and they ask you to confirm it. At the Copthorne Slough-Windsor however they need the card for everything. It is not at all nice to feel so untrusted.

The aerobic equipment room at the leisure centre was well equipped but unfortunately way too hot for anyone attempting a serious session. I'm a reasonably fit guy but I had to abandon on both occasions I tried. In the pool area, the door into the sauna doesn't close properly so the temperature was way too low. The spa/jacuzzi was essentially just a hot bath because the jets weren't working.

In the car park beneath the hotel, the parking spaces and manouvering areas are extremely narrow and would pose a serious challenge for many people in large cars or SUVs. I would especially caution North American visitors who are used to more spacious car parks and right hand drive.

To be fair, I should say that there are certainly a number of positives about this hotel. It is very conveniently located, being less than a minute from the M4 and very close to the local attractions like Windsor Castle and Legoland. The staff manage to hit just the right balance of professional and friendly. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant one evening and I must say the food was pretty good. As noted already, the gym is well equipped and the pool water was a good temperature for somebody who wants to swim rather than just lolling around in the water (this, of course, will be a negative for some!).

On the whole, our whole experience has probably been badly tainted by the fact that a good night's sleep was denied to us on two of our three nights. When you don't sleep well, other annoyances are magnified. The management waived the £40 upgrade charge for the third night when my wife complained about the heat but we really would have preferred sleep to cash.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
magguie, PA to Area General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2010

So sorry there were issues surrounding your stay - We do say check in is from 2pm & try very hard to have our rooms ready for that time but I am sure you can appreciate that on heavy departure days this is sometimes difficult for our housekeeping team to manage although I do appreciate you had arrived at midday so of course your waiting time was greater.
As a hotel that caters for families and corporate clients we do need to adapt our double rooms easily, therefore, like most other hotels in the same situation we make use of sofa beds which normally works very well. I am sorry that your children were uncomfortable but pleased that the upgrade put matters right for them.
I note the fluctuation in room and weather temperatures and was pleased to hear your upgrade charge was removed.
Being asked to show your key card when items are being charged to your room is a security measure built in to protect you and ensures that these charges were indeed incurred by you, It would be too easy for anyone else to quote your room number with unfortunate results.
We do try & keep the pool & surrounding temperatures up a little when there are predominately children such as on a weekend like Easter, sorry if it was too warm for you.
Thank you for your kind comments which did make your feedback a little more palatable but we do welcome it and take it very seriously indeed I assure you. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again when I know we can make your stay a better one.
Kind regards from the Management & Staff of the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Reviewed 24 March 2010

I stayed here due to business in the area. Really wasn't relishing the idea of staying in Slough but this hotel made me feel comfortable from the second I parked my car. Lovely welcome, gorgeous room which was very quiet given it's location being so close to the M4, the steak is fabulous and was cooked how I asked for it not how the chef thought it should be cooked. For a big hotel I didn't feel out of place on my own. The staff are lovely, smiley and the kind of people that are there when you need them without pestering you every five minutes. After a lovely sleep and more choice for breakfast than I could manage I had a simple and quick checkout. I also love that you can get to and from your car without going outside in the rain. This will be the hotel of choice for me from now on when staying in this area.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business

Delighted to hear we put your doubts to rest & exceeded your expectaions. Thank you. Will be so pleased to welcome you back. Kind regards from the Managment & Staff of the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.