“Wonderful stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wetherby
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Keep meaning to register a review of staying at this hotel as it was such a brilliant experience for all the family. 2nd visit, this time taking friends with us and their children. The staff are absolutely brilliant with kids in all areas of the hotel and the pizza making in the restaurant made the kids day. We stayed to enable a trip to both Legoland and Windsor and the location is perfect. Rooms are clean, the pool was great, and the restaurant spot on. Planning another visit this summer!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CLJ225
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Sirs, Thank you for a wonderful review. We NEED the summer to come now to cheer everyone up so I look forward to welcoming you back once all the theme parks are open and hopefully some sunshine ! I am so glad we took care of your family we pride ourselves in the summer season of taking care of the children and families. Legoland is only 15 minutes away and the children always enjoy our swimming pool. I look forward to hosting you again very soon.

Paul Davies

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 3 February 2014

the staff at this hotel were really fantastic. I lost my wallet at Heathrow airport....they rang numerous times to verify if it had been found. Not only that, they handed me the telephone at reception area, so as I could make various local and international calls so as to cancel Visa Cards etc. they told me not to be concerned about cancelled card and bill, that they would work through this. I needed a sympathetic ear, and I got it in spades. Amit on reception was a Star. Apart from that, all staff were friendly, courteous, and professional. I would have no hesitation going back. thanks to all at Marriott Windsor (really Slough).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Paul O
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Sirs, A lovely review thank you. I am glad my Hosts/Associates really took care of you and showed great service in a time of stress and need. Amit is one of my Night Managers whom is a key member of my team and we will pass on your kind words to him. The words friendly, courteous and professional make me very proud as the Manager of my hotel. Safe travels with Marriott in 2014.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Had a lovely overnight stay on 30th January. Not the best reasons for staying as we were attending a funeral of a family member the following day. With moods obviously low due to the circumstances we had our spirits lifted by the courteous and understanding staff that were brilliantly attentive to all we did in the hotel. Not being accustomed to staying at a hotel of this quality we were a little overawed by the attention we received from the staff but must admit we soon got used to it. We booked two rooms, one for myself and my wife and one for our two teenage children who we were a bit concerned about leaving on their own but we were given two rooms together with an internal connecting door which was brilliant. It was like having one huge suite so we could all use both rooms.
We made use of the pool which was small but very nicely laid out with sunbeds and sofas all around. Sauna and shower was also great with complimentary towels on arrival and brilliantly equipped changing rooms with swimwear dryer, hairdryers etc.
The sleep quality was very comfortable with large comfortable bed and two double beds in the twin room for the kids, no complaints there. In the morning we had the breakfast which was excellent. Huge choice of everything with chef cooking waffles, pancakes, omelettes on request, couldn't get any fresher. Again, very attentive, friendly staff who were always there when you needed any assistance. Over all we had a lovely, relaxed stay and would definitely use the hotel again. Next time hopefully not under such circumstances. Thank you Marriott and thank you Jonathan who works for Marriott in Canada for arranging everything for myself and family.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank cwelch69
Dear Sirs, Thank you for your review at a very challenging time for your family. I am proud my Hosts showed empathy to you. We discuss at our morning meetings that not all customers are coming to hotels to celebrate or be happy and we need to reflect our service accordingly which we did. I am glad you enjoyed our lovely health club and swimming pool. The breakfast with over 100 items is the highlight and you list the live cooking station of waffles and panckakes as a great experience not forgetting the egg station of your choice. The beds are famous in Marriott and our twin rooms have 2 double beds in each room so great for families. We have over 145 double / double twin bedded rooms. I know Jonathan who works for Marriott in Canada and many years ago he was my Sales Executive in Reading ! Safe travels and thank you for the review.
Northants
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here October 2013 the day before our flight to Dubai/Mauritius. we have stayed in many "airport" hotels but this was exceptional! Check in was quick and easy and we were made to feel welcome straight away. I awoke the next morning to breakfast in bed ( arranged by hubbie because it was my 40th birthday ) and everybody couldn't do enough for us from that waking moment on! Bar staff lovely, food good but I have to say the reception staff were second to none! So much so we have now ditched our Renaissance hotel to come back to you guys on Feb 22nd!! Thank you!

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank julieju32
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Sirs, Thank you for your wonderful review I am so glad we took care of your 40th birthday and we can welcome you back in February ! Safe travels with Marriott and thank you for chosing my hotel.

London
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Enjoyable stay in this hotel which is great for meeting up with friends and family. Excellent food and good selection of drink. Rooms were comfortable, quiet and clean. Been here many times over the last few years so I know this hotel very well. The staff I spoke to were very pleasant and helpful and very polite.

Room Tip: Avoid any rooms overlooking the car park at the back of the hotel as it can get a bit noisy.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Paul B
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Sirs, Thank you for your loyalty and staying at my hotel and Marriott. I am glad we meet your expectations and my associates your hosts are friendly and taking care of you. Safe travels in 2014.

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

What can I say. We stayed en route to Lapland UK before Christmas.

On entering the concierge greeted my 4 and 5 year olds as sir and madam and promptly presented them with a helium balloon, obviously met by huge grins.

Went for an early dinner in the bar. My wife took the children whilst I checked in. As I walked to the bar all I could hear was my children belly laughing. There they were with the waitress telling them jokes and the manager performing magic tricks with a disappearing coin! Absolutely wonderful.

Food was great. Room was great, breakfast was great.

How totally refreshing for a major chain to have such a fabulous personal touch with their guests.

Well done Marriott, you have certainly bought our loyalty.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank highstandardsuk
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Sirs, Thank you for a wonderful review. I am proud my associates and your Hosts connected with you. We try and really welcome and take care of families with balloons and the magic comes from my Food and Beverage services Manager Hemal. He is a magician in many ways !

Thank you for choosing Marriott.

Wymondham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Normally the thought of staying at a Hotel near an airport fills me with dread, I can never put my finger on it, they just have a tired grumpy feeling.

So imagine my delight when I stayed here! Friendly staff, free cookies at check in, good clean room with decent shower (which is set high enough for someone over 6'2) mega breakfast (with a Gluten free section in prominent view). Even decent coffee

Well done Marriott, glad to see you deliver American service here in England

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mattfromnorfolk
Dear Sirs, What a lovely review thank you. On Monday night we have started welcoming our customers with cookies. We also introduced a Gluten free breakfast buffett area in December. We are so glad you enjoyed these two new ideas from my team. Thank you for choosing Marriott and my hotel.

Paul Davies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5
Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor

Been to Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!