“Great hotel excellent service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Slough
GreenLeadersSilver level
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Great hotel excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I've stayed in this hotel a few times & find it clean, tidy & great customer service. The rooms are spacious & clean, although I do sometimes find them quite cold. The restaurant is pleasant with good food & even room service is pleasant as are the gym & pool to use. I would just say be sure to enter your vehicle reg yourself on arrival as I've been caught out a couple of times by staff not doing this & had a lot of back & forth to get parking tickets revoked. Overall though a pleasant hotel & I would recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Sirs A fantastic headline ' Great Hotel Excellent Service'. The rooms, service, restaurant, gym and 15 m swimming pool all worked for you.

I also appreciate your note on our car park 'Parking Eye' system. You MUST do something with your car registration with my team at the reception to avoid any fine and its good that you tell the world on trip advisor.

Glad we made Easter work for you.

Paul Davies

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hatfield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Booked a 'family room' for myself, my husband and our daughter whilst visiting Legoland. Very disappointed and annoyed when we arrived at 7pm as there was only 1 double bed and no bed for our daughter! We were in room 1402. The 'manager' at Reception was not understanding or helpful and did not have an alternative room to move us to. His solution was to put a 'roll-out' bed squeezed into the room! Our overnight experience had been ruined as soon as we arrived!

This rating is based on the above comments only as the restaurant staff were very polite and helpful.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Louise N
Dear Sirs, My apologies you did not get a specific double double room and your daughter had to use a sofa bed. It was a very busy weekend with Easter and families. I am glad my restaurant team recovered the situation with great service.

I do hope you come back and visit us again very soon.

Newtownards, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

We spent 4 nights here on our Easter family break mainly as we were going to Legoland in Windsor. We arrived early and they let us check in as soon as the room was ready. The staff here are very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are lovely, airy and bright. The only downside is that the beds are quite small, double not king-size like Sheraton. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and found the breakfast really lovely. The kids could get their waffles and pancakes cooked to order. The restaurant staff were really nice and couldn't do enough for us. I used my car and Legoland was a 10-15 min drive away. There is a £9 per day charge to park your car at the hotel but I didn't mind this as it was secure. We also went into London on 2 separate days. A handy tip is to park the car at Hounslow West tube station which is quite big and get the Piccadilly line straight into London. We used the tube car park on Saturday and Sunday it cost around £2 to park car for full day as it's open 24 hrs. Get there early as there's a market there on both days in the car pk. All in all a really nice hotel and I would certainly return again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sirs, Lovely headline GREAT hotel for families. The location J5 of M4 and only 30 mins from Central London, breakfast with over 110 buffet items and yes FRESHLY cooked waffes, parking from £9 per 24 hours and my team of associates really worked for you.

I am proud we made Easter for you.

sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We have stayed in many airport hotels pre flying and have usually found they are functional and serve their purpose. On this occasion we were combining legoland and windsor so based on the reviews we chose the Marriott. We were not disappointed. From arrival to check out our experience was perfect and I don't say that lightly.

The rooms were spacious and the quality of the pillows gave us all a good nights sleep. We ate in the restaurant which proved a good decision. The food and service again was perfect and the staff were really accommodating toward the little one with us.

The menu in Chats bar also offered a good choice of food at a reasonable price. Drinks were priced as you would expect in a london hotel.

Breakfast was not included so some of us opted for the buffet breakfast. Again staff were really helpful about our differing requirements and didn't chRge us for a child's breakfast.

You got the impression that they cared about their reputation and tried to be flexible and responsive to requests.

We used the pool where again we only encountered helpful pleasant staff.

We will definately return and have decided to base ourselves there rather than central London so we can visit windsor again and have a day in London.

Great hotel, good location. Good food, excellent customer service. Highly recommended.

1 Thank sheffieldmac
Dear Sirs, The hotel really worked for you. The breakfast, location, 15 m swimming pool and my associates giving the feeing that they really care about service and reputation which they very much do. We focus a great deal on hosting.

Thank you for staying with us.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed for one night at this hotel (16.04.14) as we were visiting Legoland with our five year old twins and had booked a room with two double beds. The hotel itself was very easily located being just off the motorway and well placed for Legoland. There were ample parking spaces. Check in was very efficient and the reception staff were very friendly. Our little ones loved their VIK passes! We even managed to check in early as there was a room available when we arrived. The room was spacious and clean although one of the beds did have a bad dip in the middle so was quite uncomfortable. We would have asked to move rooms if our boys weren't fast asleep in the other bed. We had booked breakfast as part of our package and the breakfast was delicious with a wide variety of choice. Unfortunately, it only takes one rude member of staff to spoil the whole experience and that is what happened. When we arrived at the restaurant for the buffet breakfast, we were next to be taken to a table when the lady member of staff looked straight past us and spoke to the lady behind me right over my shoulder, before she escorted her to a table! She did not even acknowledge us apart from moving her head to look behind me! We found it to be unbelievable rude and discourteous and never before have I been treated like that by a member of staff! I hope management take steps to ensure this never happens again. Whilst we were still waiting, a gentleman came to serve us and showed us to our table and he was much more polite and apologised for keeping us waiting. Checking out was also very easy and fast. Overall, as per the title of the review, a lovely hotel which was let down by a member of staff and a rather sleepless night.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sharon B
Dear Sirs, I am glad the hotel overall worked for you. My apologies regarding the challenge with one member of staff. I am reviewing rosters with my team to see who this is so that we can deal with this.

Thank you for staying with us and choosing Marriott.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Had a late morning flight out of T5 but decided not to risk delays on M1/M25 so booked the Heathrow / Windsor Marriott for the night before. And really comfortable about that decision. A leisurely, light traffic drive down early Sunday afternoon. Found the hotel very easily. No problems with car park space. Very pleasant check-in, including the offer of sweets while we were checking in. Very pleasant, comfortable room - 2 double beds. Enjoyed a relaxing dip in the pool - not crowded although there were two or three families in. Unfortunately the main restaurant was closed. We took the opportunity for a 10 minute drive to Windsor for a meal and a wander. Came back and had a leisurely drink in the bar - busy, with happy people eating, and very comfortable. Had a great night's sleep. Headed off to T5 relaxed and refreshed. What better way to start a long haul holiday.

1 Thank bigcheeser
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Sirs What a lovely review and so glad the hotel worked for you. The location is superb. We are 5 mins from J5 of the M4 and 10 minutes from the M25. T5 is the nearest terminal at Heathrow airport only 10 minutes away and of course Windsor the home of our Queen is10 mins away. Chats bar has a fun buzzing enviroment showing all major sporting events and the gym and 15 metre swimming pool are very popular. We are just installing a new sauna also to enhance the leisure experience.

Thank You for staying with the Heathrow Windsor Marriott.

Windsor, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

My hotel stay was ok until I woke up on the second morning of a three night stay to find that my vehicle had been broken into and a piece of luggage with my passport were stolen. When you spend ~200 pounds a night you expect to have some security in place for the money that is being spent. I understand that these things happen, but what really frustrates me is having to spend $2-3K dollars replacing my stolen goods (including passport and visas) and not getting my hotel stay reimbursed by Marriott. The least the Marriott management could do is to refund my stay to help with the time and value spent on replacing my luggage and contents of the luggage. Please stay away from this hotel and avoid the trouble!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jon c
Dear Sirs, I do apologise for all the inconvience caused to you. Our car park signage clearly states do not leave personal belonging or valuables in the car. Our car park has over 480 spaces and we deal with over 300 cars a day and this is a isolated incident.

Paul Davies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
3.0 of 5 bubbles 3,423 reviews
Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel

Been to Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!