“Nice and quite”

Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Slough
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I've been twice this year for business and it's a very good option. Big room, with big beds and enough space, clean and quiet... Nice snack bar if you need a quick dinner and complete breakfast buffet with a good service.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Decent sized rooms small adequate bathrooms our beds were worn out and uncomfortable but management told us all beds on room 2 were being replaced , shame we hadn't been told that before a very uncomfortable night . The plus side was we were given money off the bill for our inconvenience but a good nights sleep is what we would have liked. Disappointing leisure pool and sauna/steam. Glad it was only a 1 night stopover

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had an early flight home to the States on our vacation to London, so we decided to stay at this hotel the night before the flight took off. We were very glad we did! Huge room, good king sized bed, excellent and elegant breakfast (not always included FYI) and all the comforts of home. You can take the "Hoppabus" straight from the airport to the door for 4 pounds one way and vice versa. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed here one night with ten days complimentary parking but to say it was great for that completely undersells the place.

The staff could not have been better, the room was clean and tidy and we really enjoyed a "stop over" that we expected to be just "ordinary" (i.e. as all the others we have used over the years). Shuttle to terminal 5 was so quick and easy that we shall use this hotel every time now.

Highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We arrived to a very warm welcome. This was the case with all staff members during our stay .
The room was clean and pleasant .
All went like clockwork .Would highly recommend to people looking for a good value , nice hotel prior to using Heathrow !

Special mention to pleasant chap who met us on our return. After asking us about our trip he showed my partner quick way to car park so wouldn't get wet and advised me to stay under shelter until car arrived.
We were tired and jet lagged so welcomed friendly face and good advice !

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cherylberyl
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Sirs, My team are my biggest asset in my hotel and I am proud that you recognise this with your headline 'The Staff make this place'. We focus a great deal of customer engagement and hosting our guests. Many of my team read trip advisor everyday to review what our customers are saying about us and I know they will be very proud of this review.

Thank you for staying in my hotel and Marriott.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at the Marriott Windsor hotel for one night. The hotel was full, with a wedding and birthday party as well, but the layout of the hotel meant we heard no noise at all in our rooms.

Rooms were spotlessly clean and comfortable. We had a standard king size. Service was still excellent even with so many people staying. Food good, check out easy. Will definitely stay again when flying from Heathrow or visiting relatives.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Sirs, A lovely review thank you. We are very busy at this time of year with families, weddings and people visiting Legoland, Thorpepark and Windsor castle.

Come and stay with us again thank you for your loyalty with Marriott.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Arrived at peak evening time and met by a doorman offering to carry my (almost insignificant) luggage, a guide by the door pointing me to a free receptionist, a prompt and efficient checkin, a glass of juice whilst this went on and canapés. What a great start. The room itself absolutely standard Marriott, except this was several miles east of checkin, down endless, not-all-that-well signposted corridors. all look identical (and the same carpet as at many UK Marriott hotels) so not only did I have trouble finding the room, I struggled more than once to find reception.

The hotel uses Parking Eye as its carpark Stazi overseers. This means that one has to register the car on their system at the desk. Experience suggests that Parking Eye will send a speculative fine anyway "on the off chance". Getting through to anyone at Marriott to put this right will be a nightmare and the leasing company which owns my car will charge me an admin fee, whether he charge is cancelled or not. Trying to find anyone at parking eye with the authority to cancel the penalty will take ages (I speak from painful experience). If this happens, whatever the outcome, I shan't stay here again - not because of the hotel, but because of their parking arrangements.

Room Tip: Away from M4, facing Datchett is quieter
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mozart21

Dear Sirs, I am glad you had a great arrival and the room was very good. I note your point on our bedroom corridor signage. The parking eye system was introduced over 2 years ago to put more control and create a safer and secure car park which it has done. We have over 480 spaces which need strict control and this system does this. We have over 40 signs in our car park to explain that you must register your car. I appreciate your feedback and take your comments on board but I do hope we can welcome you back in the future and my apologies that this parking system has put you off staying with us.

I hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Paul Davies

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel

Been to Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!