“This property has become a "C" class hotel down from a "A" class hotel”

Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Slough
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I am a devoted Marriott Hotel traveler. I have stayed at this hotel often. It is not what it used to be. Specifics: Room had 2 plugs that did not work properly and when asked I was told it was my device. Yet my device worked well at the Marble Arch Marriott and at other European Marriott's. The lamp at the bed was burned out so had to replace it by taking one from another lamp. This says room maintenance is not good. The wake-up button on the phone did not work so when reported it they said to just call the operator and set a time. They delivered wine to my to my room without a corkscrew. When I complained they said there was one in the room. I asked them for show me and when they did not find it they brought one but with excuses and said It belonged to someone else so I had to return it. I called the manager but the damage was done. Transport to LHR is possible but you have to pay to go and then transfer to another bus (no added charge) but toting luggage was a problem for me. So I took a cab (5X more). This is my last stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay on 2nd floor or higher for quite and privacy. Check out rooms functionality for light, plugs...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Sirs, My apologies with the poor service you recieved in relation to your room maintenance.
In relation to the Hoppa service operated by Noational Express which is totally out of our control I have been advising ALL TA customers that the H5 Hoppa bus operated by National Express is now the H55. It only operates to T5 (airport bus stand 22 and 23). To get to T1, 2 and 3 you get off at T5 and take the FREE Heathrow Express to T1, 2 and 3. It takes 4 minutes and operates every 15 minutes. Please be aware traffic between 7am and 9am and 5pm and 7pm is VERY heavy so allow more time for your flight.

I do hope we can welcome you back to my hotel

There are newer reviews for Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Lovely hotel, helpful knowledgeable staff, great gym. And amazing breakfast. Also family friendly. Stayed here whilst visiting LEGOLAND got a great deal and very easy links to and from the park. Could not fault it one bit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Sirs I love your headline. We really do focus on families with over 130 rooms that have 2 double beds. We have a large gym and 12m swimming pool with a new sauna (May 2014) and steam room open from 6am – 10pm. Make sure you book your swim times at a weekend on arrival to avoid disappointment as it gets very busy with children. We also have a little play area at the back of our restaurant and 2 FULL size tennis courts.

The breakfast is the highlight of the experience and still the most important meal of the day with over 110 buffet items and a Chef cooking the eggs the way you want them fried, poached or maybe an omelette. We also have a gluten free section.

We are 5 mins from J5 of the M4, 10 mins from the M25, 15 mins from T5 and 10 mins from Windsor the home of our Queen, 10 mins from LEGOLAND and 20 mins from Central London by train or take the Greenline 702 bus from opposite the hotel.

Come back again and see us soon safe travels with Marriott

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed here over the easter Period and was truly amazed how " Right On The Ball " the Staff were... Excellant room 2 double beds, good facilites, great breakfast. what I did find fantastic was the fact that they were doing so much for children, balloons, goodie bags and a clown in reception entertaining the children. Sky Sports on TV in Bar area... All in All a good feeling. Would I stay here again.... Yes... As long as the PRICE was good as it was last time.

Room Tip: High Floor room recommended!!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MartinH001

Dear Sirs What a lovely review THANK YOU. We focus a great deal on families with over 130 of our rooms have 2 double beds which is great for weekends and the theme parks season.

My associates your hosts are my main asset and I am very proud of my team and Marriott culture. We focus on our Marriott art hosting and taking care of our customers by making it BRILLIANT for you.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I travel and stay away lots and this was one of the best family hotel experiences l have had. Staff could not do any more to make us and especially our children felt important and valued. This was from check in to check out. With a small kids park on site, pool that opens at 6 am it is a must.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Sirs, A Wonderful review thank you. We really focus on taking care of the families especially children and I am glad you experienced this. The 12m pool is very important and the children love it.

I am advising ALL TA customers that the H5 Hoppa bus operated by National Express is now the H55. It only operates to T5 (bus stand 22 and 23). To get to T1, 2 and 3 you get off at T5 and take the FREE Heathrow Express to T1, 2 and 3. It takes 4 minutes and operates every 15 minutes. Traffic between 7am and 9am and 5pm and 7pm is VERY heavy so allow more time for your flight.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Spent 2 nights before going on a British Isle cruise. We stayed here because we had to return to Heathrow to get our transfer bus to cruise terminal. It was closer to airport and room prices were much less than London hotels. You can get one way or roundtrip tickets on the Hoppa bus to the hotel. It is located in a central neighborhood area kind of remote.

We arrived very early in the morning after a 12 hr flight and the desk staff was able to give us one of our rooms early. The desk staff were so helpful and accommodating it made our initial check in seamless. Our rooms were very nice and spacious and very clean, great deep bathtub. This hotel is not new but has been maintained very well.

There is a restaurant and a bar which has food also. We had not planned to eat in the hotel but ended up eating at the restaurant once and it was very good. Then we ate dinner at the bar which was great. All the wait staff were above the norm, just friendly.

We wanted to visit Windsor and the castle one day and that was only 10 miles from hotel. The next day we spent in London and we took taxi to the train station then the got day pass for train, tube and bus which saved us a little. The concierge Abdul was our saving grace!!! What a nice man! He helped our family figure out how to get here and there and always with a smile. His guidance was the main reason our stay went so well.

I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat just because the staff were so kind and warm.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank gamnpapa

Dear Sirs, A lovely review thank you. The Chats bar is the buzz and heart of our hotel and yes our location 10 mins from Windsor and the Castle and 20 mins by train to Central London or take the 702 Greenline bus to London from opposite the hotel. My greatest asset are my associates and Abdul is a star with over 17 years service in my hotel. He is a true service champion.

Travel Brilliantly

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night on a recent trip to Windsor and it was a good find. It is about 3 miles from the town centre, however has good parking at the hotel. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice. There is a gym and swimming available for use. The hotel is nicely decorated and clean. Good for trips to Windsor and for Heathrow Airport.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah1303

Dear Sirs, A lovely review thank you. We are 10 mins from Windsor and Eton such a lovely location this time of year. I am glad you enjoyed our gym and 12m swimming pool and of course breakfast with over 110 buffett items to chose from.

Travle safely and thank you for staying with Marriott

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed night before flight from Heathrow. Cannot grumble with the quality of the hotel, although allocated room a little tired it was clean and spacious. Price included 2 weeks parking, which is onsite at the hotel. Trip to terminals is approx. 20 mins by Hoppa Bus.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sirs Thank you for your review.

Paul Davies

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5

Been to Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!