“Park and Stay”

Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Slough
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I travelled on an escorted tour of the the southern states of america with Cosmos escorted tours starting June 17th, As part of the package we stayed at the marriott Windsor on a park and stay basis prior to our flight. On arrival at the Hotel the staff on the reception desk were very friendly and efficient. Rooms were spotless and well appointed. We were scheduled to have the early morning shuttle the following morning at a cost of £8 per head, but the staff explained it only went to terminal 5 and we would need to use the Heathrow express to get to terminal 2 they then suggested and arranged a taxi for us at a cost of £22 diectly to terminal 2 this gave us an extra hour and a half in bed. as there were 4 of us in total (we travelled with our friends) this seemed a much better option. We would definatly use this hotel again both as a Park and stay and as a base to explore windsor etc.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank geeferbear
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Sirs, A lovely review thank you.NATIONAL EXPRESS operates the Heathrow hoppa bus service number H55 stopping outside the front of the hotel. It only operates to T5 (airport bus stand 22 and 23). To get to T1, 2 and 3 you get off at T5 and take the FREE Heathrow Express to T1, 2 and 3. It takes 4 minutes and operates every 15 minutes. You can always get a taxi through the hotel from £22 for T1, 2 or 3. Please be aware traffic between 7am and 9am and 5pm and 7pm is VERY heavy so allow more time for your flight..
We have over 480 parking spaces and our park and fly packages are very popular. You must do something with your registration of your car as it is a PARK and EYE system if in doubt please ask at Reception.
Stay with us again and travel BRILLIANTLY.

Paul Davies

Write a ReviewReviews (2,008)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had been on a family tour for 2 weeks and decided to stay here the night prior to flying back to the states. Only a short shuttle bus ride to Heathrow and no rushing in the morning. Hotel front desk was very friendly and efficient. Offered us juice upon check-in late in the afternoon. Room was clean well kept and amenities good. Departing in morning for a 10am flight was easy and not rushed.

Lobby bar had nice selection of foods for family and TVs to watch the world cup - we were all happy. We travel to London often and will definately use this hotel again instead of getting up at the crack of dawn to get out to the airport. It did have a large business group staying there, but it never effected us. Definately worth giving it a try.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank amgmhg
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Sirs We LOVE your review thank you. NATIONAL EXPRESS operates the Heathrow hoppa bus service number H55 stopping outside the front of the hotel. It only operates to T5 (airport bus stand 22 and 23). To get to T1, 2 and 3 you get off at T5 and take the FREE Heathrow Express to T1, 2 and 3. It takes 4 minutes and operates every 15 minutes. You can always get a taxi through the hotel from £22 for T1, 2 or 3. Please be aware traffic between 7am and 9am and 5pm and 7pm is VERY heavy so allow more time for your flight.

The Chats bar serving food and drink all day is the BUZZ and HEART of our hotel with all the major sporting events shown on a large screen and don’t forget our Patio in the summer at the back of our restaurant by our 2 tennis courts. Our Brasserie restaurant is famous for its Pizzas with our own Pizza Chef Pasquale who has been with us for 15 years and is a 3rd generation Pizza Chef.

We are 5 mins from J5 of the M4, 10 mins from the M25, 15 mins from T5 and 10 mins from Windsor the home of our Queen, 10 mins from LEGOLAND and 20 mins from Central London by train or take the Greenline 702 bus from opposite the hotel.
Safe Travels and see you again at the Heathrow Windsor Marriott.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Average hotel and very busy. Had to wait ages for service and only choice for dinner was a buffet, no a la carte. Staff were friendly and helpful though and buffet had good choices and decent food. Room was clean but very small for 2 adults plus 2 kids.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Sirs, We are a very busy hotel especially at weekends with families and Im glad you liked our buffet. I am surprised about your comments that your room was small as we do not get this feedback. We focus a great deal on families with over 130 of our rooms have 2 double beds and some interconnecting rooms with Sofa beds which is great for weekends and the theme park season.

Come back and see us again maybe after September when weekends are a little quieter.

Safe travels.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Great way to start our holiday. We booked a Park and Fly package and very impressed. Excellent welcome as we walked into hotel with friendly greeting by Doorman. Guy on Reception, professional, knowledgable and efficient. Room of good size with comfy bed. Sampled the restaurant for evening meal and good vibe continued. Nothing to much trouble for staff and food good quality and tasty. After good nights sleep we caught the Hoppa Bus to Terminal 3 at Heathrow. Great start to Holiday all around. Car parked in Hotel grounds, safe and secure. Will definitely book and use again
Thank you.

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Sirs, A wonderful review thank you.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed for 1 night as a family, the room was lovely beds really comfortable. We have 3 children and did advise that we had twins age 6 and then a little one, there was no cot when we arrived but wasn't a major issue as we pushed one of the beds to the wall and they all had a sleepover in the same bed which they loved. The staff were very friendly and the kids were given a balloon on arrival which they were over the moon about.
We used the swimming pool but I got fed up with a group of what I would call children they were no older than 14 there was 3 of them on their own with no supervision, they were what I would call rough I had to tell the, on a couple of occasions to stop jumping about as they had pushed into my little one, they should have to go in with parents.
We decided to get breakfast in the room as our children can get a little bit excitable, the room service breakfast menu was not very clear but I felt with how it was explained I had ordered more than enough, when it came the next morning boy was I wrong what came was nearly not enough for 4 people, was cold and not good quality we were extremely disappointed and really regretted getting breakfast in this manner.
All in all I would stay again if was in the area, would not order room service breakfast and would only go in the pool when quiet.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank head2
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Sirs, I like your headline a lovely room. My apologies that the pool was busy and you felt some people needed more supervision. Also I apologise we did not meet your expectations with the room service breakfast, I would always advise a family to go to our restaurant and enjoy the choice of over 110 buffet items from our breakfast buffet.

Come back and see us again and have breakfast in the restaurant I can ensure you it will exceed your expectations !

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have previously stayed in Marriott hotels in the USA so I was very curious to see how a Marriott functioned in another country. I am pleased to say the beds were just a comfortable, the food was fine and the staff were very helpful and polite. I was greeted by every staff member, from the cleaning team, the front desk, the fitness centre team, to the restaurant manager. I even wrote an appraisal note for one of the restaurant service team who 'caught' a customer before he fell, saving him from injury. However, today I should have praised two more people in the restaurant but had to leave for the airport.
I can see everyone has been employed to fit in with the Marriott Core Values, taking care of the customers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J M
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Sirs, What a lovely review thank you.

It is BRILLIANT when a customer feels our Marriott culture !

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I'm half way through a week's stay here and am very happy with the level of service. The staff are friendly and highly attentive in reception, room service and dining. Breakfast is excellent and food service in the evening is never slow, even when very busy.

The rooms are standard for this class of hotel and beds are very comfortable. Everything is in good repair and there are no signs of wear and tear. Wifi is free and coverage is good.

I'm here for work and would recommend this hotel to anyone for a stay whilst travelling or on business. Well done to all the great staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Billborough

Dear Sirs, A lovely review thank you. My associates your hosts are my main asset and I am very proud of my team and Marriott culture. We focus on our Marriott art hosting and taking care of our customers by making it BRILLIANT for you.

The breakfast is the highlight of the experience and still the most important meal of the day with over 110 buffet items and a Chef cooking the eggs the way you want them fried, poached or maybe an omelette. We also have a gluten free section.

Thank you for staying with us.

Paul Davies

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Travelodge Langley
Travelodge Langley
#11 of 21 in Slough

Been to Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!