“Not at all what I expected but staff was excellent.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Slough
GreenLeadersSilver level
St. Louis, MO
“Not at all what I expected but staff was excellent.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

After staying in four lesser developed Countries, I was looking very forward the comforts and amenities of a Marriott before heading to the US. I wanted to relax, use the wifi and watch English TV so I was rather surprised to learn that the only free wifi available was at the reception desk which became rather crowded and noisy with customers checking in and other customers in the small area trying to use the wifi and talking on their phones. In-room wifi was at a premium. What is odd is that wifi is free everywhere in Europe except the Marriott. We had free wifi in the airport, train stations and even on the metro bus. Also, I am used to having two sheets on my bed-flat and fitted so I was a little dismayed to learn there was no fitted sheet. The flat sheet was over the mattress cover so you had to lie against the comforter which made me uncomfortable since most hotels do not wash comforters after every customer. Breakfast was 16 pound (about $27) US for pastries and a juice. Lastly, the maid did not replace our bath products. One small bottle of shampoo for four showers does not last. I guess I expected a lot more for a hotel that rents for about $250-$275/night US. Fortunately, I used award points for my stay. I do have to mention though that the staff was excellent. I had difficulty accessing and printing a tour ticket. You had to pay to use the business center printer and internet. The attendant called the tour company for me, had the paperwork emailed to the hotel and printed it for me. I should also mention that I am sure Marriott would have provided another sheet or more shampoo had I asked but for $250 a night, I really did not feel I needed to ask.

Room Tip: Do not spend $30 US for a pastry for breakfast. Go across the street to Toby's Carvery and get...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Sirs, We do charge £15 ($20) for 24 hr WIFI in the bedrooms but offer FREE WIFI in ALL public areas (Lobby, Chats Bar and restaurant)
My associates your hosts are my main asset and I am very proud of my team and Marriott culture. We focus on our Marriott art hosting and taking care of our customers by making it BRILLIANT for you.

Come and see us again and TRY OUR breakfast.

Paul Davies

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed at the Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel from July 2-July 14, 2014. I have stayed in many hotels around the world, from Four Seasons, Sheratons, Hyatts, Sofitels, Marriotts, Holiday Inns and many others. This hotel ranks about above average for me. Check in was good and even though my flight came in early and so I was at the hotel a bit early I did not have to wait too long for my room to be ready. I waited in the lobby while I caught up with my emails until my room was ready. Throughout my stay I found out customer service to be good and friendly.

As one of the reviewers said I found it odd that they did not have sheets on the bed. They only had the fitted sheet on the mattress and then the comforter. I requested a sheet and the next day it was gone after the room was cleaned. After this I did not want to keep requesting sheets everyday so I left it as is. I'm not sure if this is the standard for this hotel but I think they need to change to the hotel standard with sheets and not just the fitted sheets.

The mattress was ok, could be better but I cannot complain. It was average.

Also internet is available in the lobby and cafe areas but with a charge in the rooms. With most hotels offering WiFi all throughout the hotel these days, Marriott is losing business to other hotels based on this charge. I think they will get more business with free wifi in the rooms. I think they can build it into the room rates. I don't think most people will complain about paying another 3-5 pounds per night more for the rooms if internet is free throughout the hotel.

Also I found the hotel parking charges quite expensive. Coming from America where most parking is free at hotels it was interesting to see a hotel charging for parking.

Also the hotels restaurants were expensive. Breakfast was about 12-15 pounds per person depending on when you paid for it. Whereas across the street on each side there were two restaurants that offered breakfast buffet for about 5 pounds.

The hotel had a nice pool, sauna and steam room which I tried and was good. Good amenities to have in a hotel.

The hotel is close to Heahtrow airport and they have a hotel hoppa bus for 5 pounds that goes to and from terminal 5. If you are going to terminal 2,3 or 4 then you will take the express train from terminal 5 for free.

Overall this hotel has a lot of good things going for it and a little restructuring with the internet and restaurant prices will get it to the next level with even more business.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We have a large gym and 12m swimming pool with a new sauna (May 2014) and steam room (upgraded June 2014) open from 6am – 10pm. Make sure you book your swim times at a weekend on arrival to avoid disappointment as it gets very busy with children. We also have a little play area at the back of our restaurant and 2 FULL size tennis courts.
NATIONAL EXPRESS operates the Heathrow hoppa bus service number H55 stopping outside the front of the hotel. It only operates to T5 (airport bus stand 22 and 23). To get to T1, 2 and 3 you get off at T5 and take the FREE Heathrow Express to T1, 2 and 3. It takes 4 minutes and operates every 15 minutes. You can always get a taxi through the hotel from £22 for T1, 2 or 3. Please be aware traffic between 7am and 9am and 5pm and 7pm is VERY heavy so allow more time for your flight.
We charge £9 per 24 hours for parking which is very competitive.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I've stayed at the hotel for business purposes. It's a good hotel with everything you need to work- wifi, business center, etc. The hotel is not modern but the rooms are clean. I would recommend staying there if you need to stay in slough. It's also very close to Heathrow airport (15 minutes ride)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sirs, A nice headline GOOD CLEAN HOTEL.

Stay with us again

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights, the hotel was fantastic. Staff couldn't do enough for us. Food in bar & restaurant was lovely but a bit on the expensive side. Best breakfast I've ever had in a hotel. Would highly recommend. We hired a car for getting to Legoland.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Laura O
Dear Sirs, We are a great Legoland hotel and its only 20 mins away.The breakfast is the highlight of the experience and still the most important meal of the day with over 110 buffet items and a Chef cooking the eggs the way you want them fried, poached or maybe an omelette. We also have a gluten free section.

The Chats bar serving food and drink all day is the BUZZ and HEART of our hotel with all the major sporting events shown on a large screen and don’t forget our Patio in the summer at the back of our restaurant by our 2 tennis courts. Our Brasserie restaurant is famous for its Pizzas with our own Pizza Chef Pasquale who has been with us for 15 years and is a 3rd generation Pizza Chef.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Hi

I use the Windsor Marriott between 5 to 7 times a month. I have always found the staff to be very attentive and when I have had problems they have been sorted promptly.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

A special thanks to the gentleman in the exec lounge he is a legend.

Stayed July 2014
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Sirs, I have 2 legends in my Executive lounge Korley in the mornings and Constancio on the late shift thank you for the wonderful feedback we really do appreciate such kind words.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at the property for 2 nights. Nice, clean Marriott property close to Heathrow. We wanted to be close to the Windsor castle and Legoland as well as with easy access to LHR the next morning for an early morning flight. The hotel was close to all. There is free wifi in the lobby area though not in the rooms. You have to pay for in-room wifi. There are also regular shuttles from the hotel to Heathrow airport, though I don't believe they are free. The Chats cafe bar was good for lounging in the evenings. Staff was very courteous and helpful.

I wouldn't suggest this hotel (or the windsor area in general) if you intend to sightsee London. For central London I highly recommend Collingham Service Apartments.

Overall a good stay and nice experience. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jsingh31
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Sirs, We are 5 mins from J5 of the M4, 10 mins from the M25, 15 mins from T5 and 10 mins from Windsor the home of our Queen, 10 mins from LEGOLAND and 20 mins from Central London by train or take the Greenline 702 bus from opposite the hotel.We do charge £15 ($20) for 24 hr WIFI in the bedrooms but offer FREE WIFI in ALL public areas (Lobby, Chats Bar and restaurant)
London is VERY easy to get to from my hotel, 10 MINS to Slough station and then 20 MINS into central London. Stay with us again.

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Booked a night before flying to USA for 25th wedding anniversary. when we booked in
( 20:30Hrs) was asked wherw wwere we going and what for told them the above about 22:00 knock on door "room service " told him that we had not ordered anything 2 minutes later ROOM SEVICE answered door to tell him to go away He was standing there with a bottle of red wine ,cheese board and a card signed by the staff congradulating us on our anniversary this put a lot of icing on a very comfortable and enjoyable night

Many Thanks look forward to using Marriot Windsorwhen we next fly out of Heathrow

Many Thanks once again

Room Tip: stayed in two now on different floors no real difference there were both very comfortable
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sirs, Whats a lovely review and everyhting my team tries to achieve how we can respond to our customer and make personal connections. I am proud of my team that take personal ownership and make it happen for you !

Paul Davies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
3.0 of 5 bubbles 3,424 reviews
Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor

Been to Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!