“Overnight stay as part of Legoland package”

Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Slough
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at the Marriott last week as part of a two-day trip to LEGOLAND. As you would expect from this chain the hotel was first rate. The facilities were comfortable and clean. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. They even offer the children crayons on check-in. We had a ground floor room fairly close to reception but there was no noise whatsoever. My only gripe is the very small size of the toiletries provided - the shower gel won't split three ways. Breakfast was a very wide choice and all of the food was delicious. We were advised to get down early to avoid the rush - this is a very big (and busy) hotel.
We ate dinner in the main restaurant on the previous night and the food and service was first class. Our waiter (Ravin Dias) was notably professional and friendly. There is a hot buffet which I would recommend for children - our 8-year old was more than happy. I would not hesitate to stop here again.

1  Thank Steven P
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Sirs, A lovely review and thank you for mentioning Ravin, He joined us around 6 months ago and his background was the cruise ships. He has become a very valuble member of my team. My associates your hosts are my main asset and I am very proud of my team and Marriott culture. We focus on our Marriott art of hosting and taking care of our customers by making it BRILLIANT for you.

The breakfast is the highlight of the experience and still the most important meal of the day with over 110 buffet items and a Chef cooking the eggs the way you want them fried, poached or maybe an omelette. We also have a gluten free section.

Stay with us again and thank you for your lovely feedback.

Paul Davies

Write a ReviewReviews (2,010)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just spent 3 nights here with our 4 year old as a base for 2 days at Legoland.
We found the staff very helpful and the hotel was extremely child friendly (although the children were generally well behaved & not running up and down the corridors screaming!) Our little boy was greeted by a friendly receptionist and nothing was too much trouble. The children's buffet was ideal for younger guests and we all enjoyed our meal on Saturday evening.Their system of booking a time slot for the pool on busy days ensured that it wasn't overcrowded when we used it. Legoland and Windsor were only a ten minute drive away and very well sign posted from the Marriott.
My only issue was that a private function on the Saturday night made it very hard to find a parking spot...very annoying when you are paying £9.00 per day for the privelage. Other than that, a pleasant stay at a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Sirs,Thank you for your very positive review. My associates your hosts are my main asset and I am very proud of my team and Marriott culture. We focus on our Marriott art of hosting and taking care of our customers by making it BRILLIANT for you.

We have a large gym and 12m swimming pool with a new sauna (May 2014) and steam room (upgraded June 2014) open from 6am – 10pm. Make sure you book your swim times at a weekend on arrival to avoid disappointment as it gets very busy with children. We also have a little play area at the back of our restaurant and 2 FULL size tennis courts.

We are 5 mins from J5 of the M4, 10 mins from the M25, 15 mins from T5 (You would never know as our rooms are so quiet)10 mins from Windsor the home of our Queen, 10 mins from LEGOLAND and 20 mins from Central London by train or take the Greenline 702 bus from opposite the hotel.

We have over 480 parking spaces and our park and fly packages are very popular. You must do something with your registration of your car as it is a PARK and EYE system if in doubt please ask at Reception. (RENTAL CARS ALSO!!!)
The hotel is very busy this time of year with parking but with the 480 spaces we are generally always able to accommodate you.

Safe travels and stay wth us again.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just returned from a 2 day tour of LEGOLAND staying here on the Saturday night, fabulous hotel, room was superb massive double bed all facilities in the room and exceptionally clean, I always take my pillow when travelling but it was certainly not needed, stayed with my grandson who made use of the swimming pool at 10pm at night!! Staff was friendly and dinner and breakfast were both second to none. our room was on the first floor and had a perfect nights sleep. sad to leave.

Room Tip: free wifi only in reception
3  Thank mom3181

Dear Sirs, AMAZING is a lovely headline thank you. We focus a great deal on families with over 130 of our rooms have 2 double beds and some interconnecting rooms with Sofa beds which is great for weekends and the theme park season. At weekends we have balloons and goodie bags to keep the children amused. We also have new guest amenities the Acca Kappa brand which is very reviving.

Thank you for staying with us and choosing Marriott come back again.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great location. Nice rooms. Loved the restaurant and the bar. Amazing service. The personnel are always willing to help you out in any possible way, all are very kind and helpful. Very close to the airport. No complaints!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Coco9861
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We booked this hotel through holiday extras 6 months ago and booked a family room as we have a 17 year old and 14 year old we also booked 2 weeks parking . When re arrived at the hotel we was told there was not any family rooms and we had not reserved one even though we had the booking confirmation from holiday extras , we the had to email this confirmation from our phone to the hotel while we was standing there (the check in desk clark was very hard to understand) eventually after about 40min we got a make do room which was a room with a double bed and a small sofa bed (which was so uncomfortable my children had to close sofa bed up and lay on the floor) there was only 3 pillows in the room so we requested another pillow from reception that took 50 mins and several calls to get. There was only enough towels for 2 people!!!! This is not the sort of service that would be expected from a hotel in the Marriott group

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kay O
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Well I can honestly say this was a very enjoyable experience! We travelled with 3 children age 1,6 & 8 years. We booked a family room, upon arrival children were given kids pack and welcome drinks. Friendly helpful gentlemen on reception was happy to chat to us all and arrange a cot to be delivered to our room, advised how to get to Windsor and parking etc.
Room was nice two double beds and cot was a tight squeeze but okay for a couple of nights.
We travelled into Windsor on the evening which was 7.4 miles. Our main reason for staying was a trip to Legoland this was approx 8 miles which was perfect.
Breakfast was by far one of the best I have had in a long time, very friendly staff and literally everything you could possibly ask for.
Little play area outside of breakfast/restaurant area little but kept the children entertained for a while.
A pool added to the attraction of this hotel and although smaller than expected kids loved it! Balls provided for entertainment and a lane also put in for adults to swim.
I really did struggle to find any negative's about this hotel until we used the gym/pool area on our last morning and a very almost aggressive male gentlemen who worked behind the desk was very rude regarding my pushchair and baby, I was advised I should use baby changing facilities (although wasn't changing my baby) and that I should move my pushchair out of the way (although the day before had been advised to leave it there by a lady assistant) also to basically move out of the way of the staff only door as my little man was only looking through it into the pool area where his older brother and sister were.
Shame as up to this point I really had no negatives to add!!
Would I return??....... Yes without a doubt!

3  Thank Clw1278
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed a night in this hotel, had a great nights sleep, made us all very welcome especially the way the staff hi-fived the kids and made them feel important, the restaurant at the hotel needs a mention too, great food, great service, Jimmie in the restaurant was awesome, he looked after the kids with great patience and thanks for the drink recommendation, all in all a great stay, both parents and kids very happy
Must mention the breakfast as well, so many choices couldn't get the kids out of the restaurant !!!

4  Thank Nicholas S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Travelodge Langley
Travelodge Langley
#11 of 21 in Slough

Been to Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!