“Stayed there twice, hope to stay again!”
other travellers have booked this property
HOUSE HALLWAY
SINGLE ROOM
TWIN BED ROOM
TWIN BED ROOM
BATHROOM
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Grant W
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Stayed there twice, hope to stay again!”
Reviewed 27 April 2015 for a stay in July 2014

This place is great. We were greeted by the landlady who explained where everything was in the house and asked if we needed anything else. She even made sure our car was parked somewhere the traffic wardens would have an issue with (small gesture but useful). The house is 10 minutes away from Legoland, 40 from Thorpe Park and a bit over an hour away from Chessington. We also got the train into London one day. The price we paid for this gave us a proper room for me and my wife and the kids had a room each so no problems at bed time, unlike in most hotels. When we left we tidied up as requested on arrival and got our deposit back with no problem. All this excellent service and experience was repeated when we returned later in the year. We have this saved in tripadvisor and tell people about it if they are staying int he area. Its great for the money and makes what could be an expensive time in theme parks much cheaper. It even had wifi so we could upload a billion photos from each day! Thanks

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the landlady was great.
Liked least: it was everything we expected and were very happy with it
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
2 May 2015
Thank you so much, it is always a pleasure to have people return and I hope to see you all again!
LesleyC32...
Wolverhampton
“Perfect for Legoland”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Very clean, well equipped and handy for Slough train station, we found this property quite adequate for our small family of 2 grandparents, 2 parents and my 20month old grandchild. It was also reasonably priced. Cippenham is a very interesting multi-cultural area, with Asda, Sainsburys and a huge Tesco all fairly near. Also local shops and pubs on the doorstep. We made good use of the washing machine and dishwasher and good shower. Julie the owner lives next door and is only a phone call away. She was happy to provide a casserole dish when we needed one. Note. There are now 2 tea pots and a new coffee table! We knew we would have to provide a £100 deposit which would be returned if the house was left in a clean and tidy state. It is sad that there is a need for this - surely most people would do this anyway, but apparently not! A quick drive to Slough station and short train journey took us into Windsor. A short drive took us to Legoland to get there before everybody else! Black Lake Park is a must for families with young children. Only short-coming is the lack of cupboard space if like us you tend to cook from fresh. To end on a positive note you don,t need to bring any towels,cloths, cleaning products at all. Its all there!

2 May 2015
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, I do try to make sure my guests have everything they need and if I am able to lend something then I am happy to do so! I hope you will come again.
Bray, Ireland
Reviewed 16 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

31 Jul 2014
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, I hope to see you again!
MRFinlay1
“A great location!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We are just back from a wonderful week In this lovely house.

It is really well located for days out in central London as well as being very handy for Legoland.

The house is modern and very comfortable. It is in a quiet neighbourhood but just a short drive from the station. Some of the trains can make it to Paddington in 17minutes.

I looked at one of the recent reviews just before setting off and have to say I couldn't disagree more with some of the negative comments made.

This is a great house and I would recommend it to anyone.

Thank you Julie for your warm welcome.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
15 Jul 2014
Thank you, it was a pleasure to meet you and your family. I am pleased that you found the house comfortable and had everything you needed. I hope you will come again.
dh95003
Aptos, California
“The Good the Bad and the UGLY”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

The good was a fabulous location. We were a mile away from the train station so we walked whenever we took the train and we did that a lot. It was one of the most diverse neighborhoods I have been in. There were many women with heads covered, some very traditionally some very modern. There were Indian women in their bright garb and western women. It wasn’t a posh neighborhood but was very comfortable.

The bad was the condition of the house. It was two stories with three bedrooms upstairs, a kitchen and a lounge down. There was NO teapot and the fry pans were Goodwill rejects with the Teflon surface so damaged it almost wasn’t even there. The lounge had a small couch and a comfy chair, and an eating area with a table and four chairs. There were NO side tables or other tables so if you wanted to sit and relax with a cup of tea in the teapot that didn’t exist, there was no place to put it. We took two of the chairs and made them into end tables.

The Ugly was made clear to us when the owner came over for the security deposit. We knew about the 100 pound security deposit when we reserved the place. I can understand wanting to make sure there isn’t any damage done to the place. What we didn’t know was she wanted the place cleaned when we left. We are not talking tidy, cleaning up after yourself we are talking clean, ready for the next renter. She had me sign a document showing he understood this meant cleaning the TOILETS and mopping the floor! David signed because if she decided not to let us have the place on our check in date where would we go? We realized that this meant the people before us and done the cleaning also. I know we did a minimum of cleaning when we left. Just enough to get out deposit back. You can mop the floor or get the mop wet, swish it over the floor so it is slightly wet when the owner comes to check but that isn’t clean. We did vacuum upstairs which is good because when I tried to vacuum the laminate floor downstairs, it didn’t pick up anything. We did get our deposit back but I had stewed about this the whole time we were there. If she had given us any grief, it was not going to be pleasant. I don’t know who she normally rented to but it wasn’t the professional holiday rentals we were expecting and were used to.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
3 Jun 2014
I am sorry that you felt this way. but to correct a factual mistake there are 5 chairs at the dining table in the property, not 4 as this is a property which sleeps 5.Yes there is no teapot,as these days the majority of people use a teabag per mug; however had you asked I would have been happy to provide one, as well as replacement frying pans! The comment about the side table is a fair comment, the house will be provided with one very soon. I am sorry that this spoiled your stay. The receipt given with the damage deposit explains that you need to leave the place clean and tidy, basic hygiene, basic good manners. You are not expected to change bedding or wash it, dust or polish anywhere, wash the walls, windows or cupboards etc. But just to leave the place mostly as you found it. And so far this is the first time that anyone has found this request offensive to them.
Stéphane...
Rennes, France
“comfortable”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Great location. Easy acces to M4, near the station of Burnham, stores nearby, a green and quiet environment. Comfortable and well equipped house. We had a very good stay. Slight drawback : Planes (Heathrow airport nearby)!

Liked best: location
Liked least: no wifi
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
15 Jul 2014
Thank you for your kind comments, I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you will come again.
Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed 28 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: House had everything we needed
Liked least: On street parking
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing