“clean and great value”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Slough
A J Lodge Guest House
Ranked #4 of 16 Slough B&B and Inns
chipper127
“clean and great value”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed at the AJ for six weeks had rooms 14,15,16,17,23 all very clean warm and inviting, didn't eat breakfast every day but when I did it was good, plenty of on site parking I would defiantly stay there again. Thanks Jay

PS. Telly's could be a little larger

Room Tip: all the ones I had were fine
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sanjay S, Manager at A J Lodge Guest House, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you for your review. We are in the process of upgrading our televisions to larger ones.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed here for a week because of work and found it a pleasant experience.
The room was clean,the bed was comfortable,fresh towels and bedding each day.
The breakfast was excellent, wide choice on the menu and tasty too.
Parking was convenient as well.
Staff were very friendly and overall I was pleased I booked this one.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your lovely review of the AJ Lodge. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you recommend us.
Dymchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed at the A J Lodge Guest House for 2 nights - Nov 5th and 6th 2013 . The owner/proprietor was very polite , courteous , friendly and helpful . I found A J Lodge to be spotless . My room was cleaned to a very high standard with clean towels and sheets each morning . The Guest House has full central heating and constant hot water as well as WIFI included in the price of the room . I paid £44 per night which includes breakfast and the price stays the same all year round !!! I will definitely be staying at A J Lodge again and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to stay in Slough .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
we would sincerely like to thank you for your kind words about the AJ Lodge. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed 4 days because we wait our new house to be ready and it was the perfect place and perfect time that had available rooms.Actually,I called on Monday and it was fully booked but on the morning of Thursday I found.Everyday we said to the manager that we will go and politetly allowed us to live our bags in the hall area that is not used.We left them for 3 days because everyday we believed that we will move.Plesant environment, very quiet in the night.Very clean room and free breakfast.I liked the decoration.Make nice and confortable holidays/ bussiness by staying here.Please put the shower on 3_5 dont burn.Also the coffee on the breakfast wasnt very hot.But this not important.Value of money.59 twin ensuit room 59 is an exellent price with brskfast internet coffe and tea in the room.Go now!

• Stayed October 2013
We would like to thank you for your kind words and we more than happy to help you in any way we could. We hope your house is all fine now.
Cardiff
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed at A.J.Lodge for approx 7 months as i was working on contract. The room was always kept clean and tidy,clean towels every day and clean bedding.Breakfast was very good and had a wide range of food.The staff were all very polite and helpful and couldnt do enough for me.
I would strongly recommend this guest house to any one looking for reasonably priced accommodation in the Slough area.If im ever in Slough working again i wouldn't hesitate to use this guest house,

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank stanCardiff
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

First off, I am a genuine visitor - not the owner or a friend of the owner trying to beef up the star ratings! I work for Amazon which has an office based 5-10 minutes' drive from AJ Guest house so I decided (based on price and convenience) to book in for a couple of days.

Having read the reviews, which either loved it or hated it, I was genuinely intrigued to see if it would be excellent or awful. So here's my verdict:

I arrived at the house (which was easy to find and had ample free parking) and walked in only to find there was no reception desk - just bedrooms and a dining area. It wasn't until a while later that I realised that the office was on the other side of the road (something that has already been brought up in the reviews below). So bear this in mind when you first arrive:

TIP #1 ***AJ LODGE IS COMPRISED OF TWO BUILDINGS, NOT ONE!***

The manager was a young, poilte and helpful chap and within a minute I was in my room. I had booked online which actually works out considerably cheaper than booking over the phone, SO:

TIP #2: ***BOOK WITH YOUR CARD ON THEIR WEBSITE: NOT OVER THE PHONE!***

The room was clean and modern with two towels - large and small - a wardrobe, drawers, a sink and a tiny TV perched in the top corner of the room opposite the bed. I had brought a laptop so didn't need the TV but I can see that it may be way too small for quite a few people. The broadband worked all night although the signal was not 100% - but only one 20 second dropout for the whole night.

There were three showers along the corridor, one of which was out of order. I have seen from the reviews below that [a] the showers were not working and [b] the floors were wet. So...

TIP #3: ***REMEMBER THAT THE SHOWERS WILL NOT WORK UNLESS YOU PULL THE ELECTRIC CORD WHICH IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BATHROOM***

And...

TIP #4: ***TAKE BOTH TOWELS TO THE SHOWER: THE BIG ONE TO DRY YOURSELF AND THE SMALL ONE TO PUT ON THE FLOOR TO PREVENT THE TILES FROM GETTING WET, PROMPTING PEOPLE TO LEAVE BAD REVIEWS!***

The area around AJ Lodge is residential so there isn't really any other option but to stay in your room, although there is a late night grocery store/off licence next door (or opposite depending on which side of the road your room is) so you could drown your sorrows and forget that you were in Slough. (Only kidding Slough: love you really ;)) I spent the evening with headphones on, catching up with a box set of Breaking Bad and a couple of tins of beer before an important meeting the next morning, so woke up feeling refreshed.

I didn't stop for breakfast but it smelled like your normal B&B standard fry-up, tinned tomotoes, tired cooking oil and buttered white toast. Not my cup of tea, if you'll pardon the pun. If this is your type of thing you won't be disappointed.

So to sum up: this is a great place if you want to get your head down and having a quick stopover. But those thinking of spending a week's holiday in Slough, you may wish to reconsider and go to a sunny beach instead. I will definitely be making this a regular sleepover destination. As there is no 3.5 stars option, I'm going to give it 3. It's not the Ritz but it's also not the pits.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mike B
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have stayed in a number of hotels in the area of reading and slough - from the Hitlon to the traveldodge ( not a spelling mistake )..............I cannot fault the A J Lodge , clean rooms , clean bathrooms and toilets ( I have had both en-suite and shared ). The manager cannot do enough for you and is so pleasent , friendly and helpful and always says welcome back !!!! his customer service skills are excellent for a B&B and better than the reception staff of the 5* Celtic Manor in Wales ( stayed there 4 times ) - Look if you are expecting flat screen TV's , a Hilton style breakfast buffet then dont !!!!! especially if your paying a very very reasonable 39.00 as I did - Breakfast is freshly cooked and great - much quiter and easier than slough and windsor traveldodge with free parking and wifi ! say no more been here 4 weeks on and off now - great little find !!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Express Slough
#5 of 21 in Slough
Stoke Place
Stoke Place
#2 of 2 in Stoke Poges

Been to A J Lodge Guest House? Share your experiences!