“Thank you tripadvisor!”

Kai's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 208 Restaurants in Slough
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Discover the delights of authentic Oriental cuisine at Kai's. Whether you decide to dine in our charming, intimate restaurant or collect delicious dishes to dine at home, you can be sure you will be choosing Oriental cooking of the highest standard. Under the direct supervision of the owners, Kai and Sandy Poon, expert chefs at Kai's create exquisite dishes, many unavailable anywhere else, using only the finest, fresh ingredients. All our sauces are carefully prepared to our own secret recipes to ensure that your gastronomic experience at Kai's is truly unique. Kai's cuisine is sure to delight even the most discerning palate.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Have visited Kai's a number of times now after initially reading the great reviews left on tripadvisor.

For:
Although not yet complete, it is beautifully decorated in a modern style.
Really exciting menu.
Vibrant friendly atmosphere.
Bar area to have a pre-dinner drink.
Wonderful staff - made some great suggestions about food combinations.
Not rushed in and out, as is so often the way theses days.

Most of all though, the food - absolutely sensational.

Against:
Err - nothing I can think of!

Kai's is fast becoming my favourite place to eat - give it a try and I bet it will become yours too.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

In a moment of weakness we decided to eat out. We hardly ever eat chinese food but in the spirit of trying an established restaurant nearby (and we were passing), we ventured in.

First impressions are that it's a down to earlier family run place... no frills, not particularly modern, but fine.

We were seated and my 6yr old has some comments:
"chopsticks are very clean and have good drawing on them of dragons and things"
"drinks are good"

We ordered a few bits and pieces... starters, some duck and pancakes and 1 main... and asked for it to be brought in any order as it became ready.

My highlights...
sesame prawn toasts - nice and prawny
steamed/grilled dumplings... beautifully flavoured, great firm texture, and light ginger/chilli dipping sauce
steamed seabass with pak choi... wonderfully cooked fish in soy based sauce with great taste... my 6yr olds favourite dish

The duck + pancakes and other starters (e.g. tempura, spare ribs) were standard fare but the general quality of the food was better than the standard chinese takeaways and other nearby restaurants.

The service is not 100% efficient but that adds to the charm... hey the place was busy it was a saturday night... service was friendly and the kids got various treats...

A pleasant evening.. we will be back I hope... to dine on dumplings, seabass and try something new..

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Kai's is my favourite Chinese restaurant. The service is very friendly. If you're not sure what dishes to choose, speak to Kai or Sandy who will offer suggestions to make your meal enjoyable. The menu is extensive and there is something for everyone. I have not been disappointed on the many occasions I have eaten there. The food is very good and reasonably priced. Particularly good is the smoked chicken, thai fishcakes, spare ribs with sauce, cashew encrusted beef and the sweet and sour dishes. This restaurant has been around for many years and has numerous regular visitors, two facts which speak for themselves. I recommend you give it a try.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

A group of four of us went to Kai's Restaurant for the first time mid week expecting just another run-of-the mill Chinese meal - how wrong we were!

There is a very comprehensive menu that contains all the traditional favourites, however there are also many dishes that you will struggle to find elsewhere - also a daily 'specials' board.

Everything we had was faultless, however I must highlight three dishes in particular; the Thai Fish Cakes served with lettuce wrap and the Steamed Sea Bass were both sensational - and the King Prawns, 'double happiness' - never was a dish more aptly named!

Everything is obviously freshly cooked to order - in fact you can see the chefs' working their magic in the open-plan kitchen.

The owners of this modern and stylish restaurant are Kai and Sandy - the most delightful, yet professional, hosts; nothing is too much trouble. How lovely it is to find a restaurant where you don't feel rushed in and out.

Must also make mention of the drinks list, really varied selection of wines, at very reasonable prices, to suit all tastes.

Have already booked to go back again.

1  Thank mrk101
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Kai's good food very nice. Lovely Manners. The food was yummy in my tummy. Very nice decs aroung the whole place. Come and try this lovely place KAI'S