“Real gem of a pub”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Real gem of a pub”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Fantastic food, huge portions!! Lovely pub with really friendly staff. This pub is a real gem! I'd happily reccomnend it to all my friends and will definitely eat there again.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Leave the Hotel !!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Driving to the Heathrow Hilton T5 we passed this pub and I thought it might be a better option than the usual overpriced Hotel restaurants and bars with no real beer.

Good call !!

We visited early evening and although the pub was not very busy service was fairly slow but to be fair the one person on duty (Sandy) did a magnificent job being really friendly and helpful by explaining the different menu options that night whilst trying to serve people at the bar.

On arrival the food was excellent and clearly individually cooked to order. It was reasonably priced for any establishment around Heathrow. The beer (my main motivation for leaving the Hilton T5) was also excellent.

Why only 4 stars? Well, this is not the swishiest place in the area. If that is important to you - stay in the Hilton. If you want an oasis of a real English pub in this manic area give this a try. I am certainly pleased that we did and would be very surprised if you were disappointed !!

• Visited May 2014
Ashford, United Kingdom
“My father in laws 60th”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We planned my father in laws 60th surprise birthday party here, the night went fantastic. The staff couldn't do enough for us James and his mum went above and beyond for us! All comments back from all who attended were brilliant complementing how lovely the pub and food was. I can not thank them enough for the time and effort they put in ( even with all my stresses and worries prior to the day) thank you x

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Would think twice”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Having already eaten here before and had a fantastic meal I decided to try the Sunday lunch... Wrong , plenty of food on plate but was only warm and veg was quite hard which spoilt it. If I had seen price first I wouldn't have bothered. Shame but maybe evening staff are more on the ball .

• Visited May 2014
Birmingham UK
“On the night it could have been better.”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We chose the Pub from the trip adviser reviews while staying near Heathrow.

I think we must have visited on a day when there were staffing problems. There seemed to be just two people covering the bar, taking orders and serving the food, and one of these seemed unfamiliar with the job. There was also a largish group to be looked after at the same time. In this situation I didn't mind waiting an hour for the food (though some might). That usually means it is freshly cooked. Waiting at the bar though and being studiously ignored is less forgivable. In general although the manager/owner? was great and trying hard to get things done it felt as if the place was rather shambolic. I guess from other reviews this isn't typical.

When it arrived the food was good and worth waiting for. I can't say it was the huge portions others have mentioned though. We did have a good time and we didn't complain and didn't mind because it did all feel rather eccentric. I hope the pub does well but they need to get the staffing right

• Visited April 2014