“Amazing...”

Upton Park Hotel
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Slough
“Amazing...”
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews on here I was expecting a bad stay, but that couldn't be further from what I got! I think my room may have had a VERY recent refurb, as everything is brand new. The decor is gorgeous and everything is spotlessly clean. The bathroom is sparkling! Reception have been more than helpful, giving me an extra WI-fi code and helping me with a courier collection I needed. I ordered food to my room from the Indian restaurant downstairs, this was delivered promptly and was really nice.

I literally couldn't say a bad thing - at a push, there was no hairdryer? The only thing I could moan about, but I don't want to!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Philadelphia, USA
Reviewed 6 January 2013

My experience here was good. Stayed one night with my two kids (in the/a family room) so we could visit London on our way back to the USA.
Room was clean and comfortable for the three of us. Hotel is tucked away in a backstreet next to a park. Made it somewhat difficult to find but also quiet.
About a 15 min walk to Slough station which we used to get into Londao for the day. Also convenient to Windsor Castle.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Found tis hotel hidden away on a private road in Slough. Hotel looks decent from outside but inside it's nothing special.

Were shown to room where a window had been left wide open hence was FREEZING! Couldn't call reception as phone was busted. Went down to complain that the radiator wasn't working and were told that someone would be up to check. No one came. Went back to ask for a room change and were told they were 'fully booked' despite the car park being completely empty!! Eventually they sent a electric heater up, which whilst wasn't fantastic, was sufficient.

This hotel had been booked through late rooms and it seems that they must save their worst rooms for the 'cheaper' bookings... but to be honest it was waaaay overpriced even for that.

Don't waste your money here... you'll find better service and quality of rooms in a guesthouse!

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PPatel610

Travellers are raving about these Slough hotels

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Great value for money. Massive bedrooms with flat screen tv and sky-sports, nice restaurant and good service. I stay here every time I'm in the area as its handy for not only slough but Windsor as well

• Stayed October 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I have read some of the reviews on here and struggle to recognise if we have stayed at the same hotel as my experience has been totally different. I must say that if you want a Ritz Hotel type experience then pay the Ritz prices.

The Upton Park is a hotel set in very nice surroundings, the front of the hotel overlooks a very nice park. It is situated very close to all required ammenities.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable with en suite and tea and coffee making facilities in each room. The pricing for the rooms is very reasonable.
The staff are very polite, friendly and extremley accomodating even when plans have been changed at the last possible moment. I like this hotel to the extent is has become my second home spending 2-3 nights a week there

If you like Indian food, The Temple Monkey Restuarant is not to be missed as the food is "out of this world"

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank bensargeant
Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2012

read other reviews and was a little worried but i had a great experience, stayed overnight saturday,staff were friendly room was large, and decor was nice, clean and tidy, returned back to hotel quite late and had to buzz reception to be let in but did not have to wait long,beds very comfy i had a great nights sleep, breakfast was served in the restaurant and was nice only thing i could fault was the fact that the breakfast was a little on the small side at £45 pound a night with breakfast included it is definatly a bargain i will definitly stay again very pleased overall

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen Missdemea... M
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I took the chance in staying here after reading mixed reviews, as it was only for one night. It was a very big mistake whether I paid £50 or £100 for a room I would still expect a good service. First impression to the bedroom area was disappointing , very grubby carpet and tired dirty walls. We were shown to our rooms they seemed quite ok at first but as we settled, we came across, dirty washing left in the drawers from the previous family, so obviously a good clean was not done, the window blind was completely broken and was wedged up by the open window , the wall lights didnt work, the shower was stuck on one setting so ended up having a sauna aswell,the towels smelt of curry,and being on the ground floor the noise from people coming in just echoed down , we could hear the television from other peoples rooms till 4 am, it was just a disaster, we were so tired we cudnt face a full breakfast, so settled for toast and orange juice,and even the butter had a taste of onion to it ,,not good first thing in the morning.....
I did ask to speak to the manager, but he wasnt in , and I was told he would call me that day,.....guess what ... 3 days later and im still waiting for a call!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank itslidia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Travelodge Slough
Travelodge Slough
#5 of 21 in Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection

Been to Upton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!