“Perfectly enjoyable stay!”

Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Southport, United Kingdom
“Perfectly enjoyable stay!”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Having read through some of the reviews on this website I was a little apprehensive about the hotel. However when I arrived I was treated to a very nice hotel on the edge of a lovely park. My room overlooked the park, it had been recently renovated and was of high quality.

Unfortunately I did not have chance to sample the food at the hotel although it smelt very nice indeed.

I would stay here again if I was to return to Slough. Thanks

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bristol
Reviewed 20 March 2013

One of those independent hotels that has skimped on room standards to the detriment of the experience of the overall stay. Free car park and wifi is a bonus, but if your room is a mishmash of colours, mdf boarded frames, a bed squeezed under an alcove and a shower head that kept falling off, it's never going to satisfy. Won't be back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2013

This place is a real gem of a find.
Tucked away in a quiet location overlooking the park.
On arrival found that there is a decent carpark and freindly helpful reception staff.

I was shown to my room which was extreamely roomey and tastefully decorated .
Will be staying again .

Room Tip: A bit tucked away but well worth finding.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve S
Nottingham
Reviewed 3 February 2013

The Upton park is in a great location up a quiet private road opposite a pleasant park, the garden was well planted and there is large well-lit carpark to the rear. The hotel is very close to the M4 motorway but I wasn't aware of the road noise in my room. The staff were helpful and friendly and I had a delicious meal in the restaurant where they also serve an ok breakfast.
The room however was pretty grim, not very clean, only one of the four lights actually worked, there was a very noticable chunk of ceiling coving missing, and a wardrobe/chest of drawers, missing a drawer, was plonked unceremoniously halfway into an already small room.
The standard of the room really let down an otherwise enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank FrankMango
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We travelled back from London towards Bristol during the snowfall in January 2013. We didn't get to the hotel until nearly 1am but the staff were still at reception and were very accommodating.
We used the hotel as a stopover as we wanted to travel onwards.

Breakfast was very nice and cosy, but unfortunately they didn't have sausages because of poor weather conditions - we got extra bacon so it wasn't a problem.

The poor weather conditions didn't even affect the private road access, which was not a problem when getting to the parking.

The beds are comfy and the building quiet. We did hear dripping of the melting snow on the window ledge outside, but we cannot complain about the weather conditions when reviewing a hotel.

Great value for a nights stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karl T
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews on here I was expecting a bad stay, but that couldn't be further from what I got! I think my room may have had a VERY recent refurb, as everything is brand new. The decor is gorgeous and everything is spotlessly clean. The bathroom is sparkling! Reception have been more than helpful, giving me an extra WI-fi code and helping me with a courier collection I needed. I ordered food to my room from the Indian restaurant downstairs, this was delivered promptly and was really nice.

I literally couldn't say a bad thing - at a push, there was no hairdryer? The only thing I could moan about, but I don't want to!

• Stayed January 2013
Philadelphia, USA
Reviewed 6 January 2013

My experience here was good. Stayed one night with my two kids (in the/a family room) so we could visit London on our way back to the USA.
Room was clean and comfortable for the three of us. Hotel is tucked away in a backstreet next to a park. Made it somewhat difficult to find but also quiet.
About a 15 min walk to Slough station which we used to get into Londao for the day. Also convenient to Windsor Castle.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family