“An out of the way place” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Upton Park Hotel

Upton Park Hotel
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Slough
East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“An out of the way place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

For some reason, to me, this hotel felt odd. There’s nothing wrong with it, it’s just that when we asked local people where it was, they’d never heard of it, there was no one at reception when we arrived, there’s just an overall sense of quietness and nothing going on. The room was OK, a bit quirky, the floor had more than one level and it was sort of L shaped, but it was a good stay for one night. We didn’t try the restaurant. Right across the road there’s a delightful little park, with a pond, a bridge and some statuary, which seemed to complement the hotel, somehow. There was no one in it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel twice recently, once alone and once with my wife, and felt it was good value for money.
First the bad points - yes, the hallways could do with smartening up a little and some of the fixtures and fittings do need a bit of maintenance. We also had to ask for towels.
Good points - this is a budget hotel and priced accordingly, and very reasonably for this area. If you want 4* or boutique then they are around but you pay a LOT more. The rooms were obviously redecorated fairly recently, were clean and comfortable, and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The rooms had a TV, tea and coffee, and a good shower. The breakfast was fine without being great, but again perfectly adequate with friendly staff.
The hotel has a big car park, and is also opposite a little green oasis in Slough called the Herschel Park, which is really relaxing to sit in for an hour or so.
For a hotel in this area, and near Heathrow and the M4 I felt the Upton was good value and perfectly acceptable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stuart B
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

An interesting hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful (we had booked a family room, but they gave us a double and single for no extra charge); the decor in the hall stairs and landing area was extremely dated (it would probably be wise to consider re papering rather than just adding another coat of paint & the carpet reminded me of my grandparents!) but clean.

The bedrooms were clean and well presented, although the decor could only be described as eclectic.

the dining room is very tasteful, and breakfast was spot on.

Having read some of the reviews I was a little worried prior to arrival, but there were no horrors (or extra bed fellows as reported by other visitors). All in all I thought it was good value and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

The address for Park View Lodge Slough is one door from the address for Upton Park Hotel but was a domestic house.
The receptionist at Upton Park would not check our names to see if we were registered or even let us in or check we were OK "We are full you are not booked here|".
We had left credit card details to hold booking and subject to cancellation full payment. Having searched and asked many people who knew Slough very well finding no phone numbers for Park View and having such a horrible response at Upton Park the kind cabby for free found us a room at Slough Travelodge. Has anyone else experienced this too???? Be careful.

Room Tip: Call hotel check reviews make sure it exists
Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank businessstaysnhs

Travellers are raving about these Slough hotels

Gateshead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I booked this last minute as somewhere to stay when visiting Wembley. I was a bit worried about some of the reviews but I needn't have! We arrived late at night however this wasn't a problem for the staff. The restaurant was closed but it was 10.30pm on a Wednesday night so we expected as much and stopped late on in our journey.

The area was lovely and the hotel is located right on the edge of Upton Park which is beautiful. There was no noise and it was very peaceful.

We were shown to our room which was fantastic! Very clean and modern and a lot better than most hotel rooms I have stayed in. The bed was very comfy and we all had a great nights sleep.

In the morning we were greeted with a lovely full english breakfast in the lovely dining area. There was no grease in sight. There was also tea, coffee, fresh orange and 2 types of cereal to choose from.

I would definitely stay here again. It was fantastic value for money!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Clacton, null, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I pulled up to the carpark where there was a van with smashed windows (not a good start!), I was then greeted by a man who called across the carpark "oi over here" to a back door. The room I was shown was dirty and when I pulled back the sheets they were dirty and had hairs in the bed. The duvet and pillows had dirty marks and patches on them. When I enquired about a restaurant or somewhere to eat I was told to go to the High street. The lock on the door was not secure and there seemed to be a lot of men just hanging around reception. This is not a hotel to stay in for anybody especially not females travelling alone. I stayed for no more than an hour before I found somewhere else to stay. DO NOT TRUST THE PICTURES ON THEIR WEBSITE as they are nothing like the real thing!

Room Tip: My Tip would be - Don't go there
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Rebecca N
Slough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

After booking this hotel online we expected to be able to dine in their restaurant when we arrived for our stay (one of the reasons we booked there so that we didn't have to leave the hotel) but it was not open for dinner so we had to go in search of a place to eat.
The room we stayed in was decorated in a nice way but unfortunately I we have both come away from the stay covered in bed bug bites!!!
I have over 50 bites, have been prescribed anti-biotics & had to call in ill at work as I have had an allergic reaction. I have never experienced this in my life before and am extremely disappointed that this has happened.
I will not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Bed bugs!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rhapsody1492
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Premier Inn Slough Hotel
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Christopher Hotel
Christopher Hotel
#1 of 1 in Eton
Holiday Inn Express Windsor

Been to Upton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!