“The builders are in !!”

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“The builders are in !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

We were advised before arrival that the restaurant was closed - no problem. We arrived about 9pm the carpark was overflowing with mainly vans but after going round the block twice we managed to squeeze between some builders vans.
Room 301 is a spacious room which would appear to have been recently decorated, though the ceiling is coming away in one corner.
The bathroom on the other hand is near to a disgrace the back of the door is covered in what look like paint splashes the dirt is well ingrained into the lino.
The coffee cups needed rinsing before use (not houskeepings fault - see later)
The room is adjacent to some sort of facility and from early morning we had singing but more off putting was the constant door slamming.
With my partner I went out at 8.15 but returned an hour later - throught the morning into lunch we had constant door slamming. I was told by housekeeping the room would be serviced at 12.30 by 1.30 no sign so I went down to reception as I approached the lift I could hear firealarms - but no sign of staff. The reception was like the Marie Celeste - no sign of staff or notice on the counter. Eventually I looked outside to see the staff were having a fire drill - BUT if it was for real where would I have fitted in ?
Eventually my room was serviced and I was offered a cup of tea by reception while I waited - it was FOUL !! (See later !)
For a period in the afternoon we had constant firebells ringing without prior warning.
next night / morning came and went. About 11am I made a cup of tea - again FOUL ! Frankly mystified I went to go in the shower before checking out - BINGO the water splutterd , coughed and died. Water contamination - the builders had been messing about with the plumbing and forgot to tell anybody !!
Conclusion - not up to Premier Inns usual standard - Cause the builders and more importantly the site / project manager

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Slough Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback very much as this enables us to improve standards and provide guests with the best possible service and a comfortable stay. Thank you very much for telling us about the issues with the bathroom; these issues will be seen to immediately as we work to improve our hotel standards. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

This hotel was under renovation when I stayed and in my humble opinion should not have been open for business. It was under staffed, the restaurant was closed and the car park a minefield with all the builders vans and cranes etc. Would never stay here again and it has made me think twice before staying in a premier inn again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dan W, Manager at Premier Inn Slough Hotel, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you for your comments.

We have been under refurbishment since September. The works are now complete. It does state on our web site that we are undergoing refurbishment works and that the restaurant is closed. We also send out an email a week before arrival just confirming this. The works have not disrupted any part of our guests experience.

The works are now complete and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Croydon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Very good sized room,I had all the privacy I need it,we felt safe and I loved the very big bed and cleanliness of the room,very good value for the money I highly recommend ,I will definitely book again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dan W, Manager at Premier Inn Slough Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you for your kind comments.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Dorchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I had reason to stay at the The Premier In, Slough for 4 nights the staff were always helpful and smiling and the room clean and well appointed, Unfortunately while there their restaurant was closed due to total refurbishment but I was made very well aware of that prior to my visit.
I would certainly stay there again if the need arose.

Carol Pearson

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your kind comments.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us

Our restaurant is now back open and fully functional, so we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Wicklow, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last week for three nights. Was not informed prior to booking that the kitchen and restaurant were closed for renovations. Was offered a " breakfast box" as compensation containing juice and raisins. On arrival other guests were checking out very unhappy. The foyer was in a mess . The door card machine was not working which caused mayhem. Staff were running all over the place opening doors with keys and bringing guests to their rooms. On arrival at the room the heater was not working. Just as well they replaced it with an old oil filled heater which creaked all night. Thanks Lenny Henry. A bargain at 90 quid a night. Wont stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank custardmuffin
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Slough Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Harlow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

The staff are friendly and welcoming and surprised us with a birthday cake and card. Although the site is undergoing major refurbishment it did not spoil our stay, but be aware you can use Sainsbury's car park (next door) if Premier Inn's is full.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your birthday stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. The restaurant is now open and fully functional.

Waterlooville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Good nights sleep, all as expected for Premier Inn having stayed loads of times. Breakfast is usually really good and consistent in every venue, but it was terrible this morning. No buffet, strange but placed hot breakfast order straight away. Waited 35 mins for the meal after asking again... In that time only 2 plates came out of the kitchen!!! Poor but not worth complaining about, but then when I did get my breakfast there was a black hair laying on my egg. Gutted, no chance I was waiting for a replacement again! Poor show.... Judging how busy it was in there, bring back the buffet breakfast, makes sense and the whole restaurant is set up for that method. Polish guy serving was nice enough, he seemed frustrated by the whole experience himself.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Slough Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.