“Fantastic location, fantastic value for money and fantastic staff!”

Premier Inn Slough Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Slough
“Fantastic location, fantastic value for money and fantastic staff!”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We used this hotel as a base when exploring surrounding areas and found this is an ideal location for transport links to London.

Both I and my friend slept soundly in an extremely clean and comfortable twin room from February 23rd until today (February 26th).

Even though there are refurbishments taking place, we were not disturbed once.

I have to say that the staff here are the most helpful people I have met and went out of their way to ensure we had a great stay.

We will definitely stay here again and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed February 2014
Dan W, Manager at Premier Inn Slough Hotel, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments - these are really appreciate by the team and I.

The refurbishment works are now complete so hopefully we will see you once again.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
London
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here for a Friday and Saturday night to attend a friends wedding..
Was advised after booking that hotel was being refurbished and that there was no food on-site. Had I known in advance of booking i would have gone elsewhere.
Was advised there is a sainsburys next door for overflow parking and breakfast which was ok.
Room was extremely hot and had to have the window open and aircon was loud and ineffectual.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Slough Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion you were let down by various refurbishment issues. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Saffron Walden, UK
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Parking was difficult as there was work being done on site.

Otherwise it was as expected with a comfortable bed, and a good shower with plenty of water pressure. The free wi-fi is a nice touch, but 30 minutes, is a bit mean, as so many others give unlimited use.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind comments.

Our extension works are now complete and the car park is fully open again, so when you come back and see us again next time - there should be no further issues.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

we were picking up friends from heathrow and they did not land till 7-45pm & as it was my friends 50th. Birthday we decided to stop over instead of travelling the 2 hours back home ok so the restaurant was closed for refurb, but they gave us a list of nearby restaurants, we had a good meal out and came back and had a few drinks in the bar, we were given complimentry breakfast boxes, The staff I felt went out of the way to ensure we had a great stay, even taking up my friends luggage as they had just travelled back from australia and were v tired, so that they could chill out in the bar, we all agreed that we would definately stay there again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind comments.

I am sure to pass these on to the team who will be equally pleased.

I am so happy to learn that you and your friends enjoyed such a special occasion.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn Slough.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We were advised before arrival that the restaurant was closed - no problem. We arrived about 9pm the carpark was overflowing with mainly vans but after going round the block twice we managed to squeeze between some builders vans.
Room 301 is a spacious room which would appear to have been recently decorated, though the ceiling is coming away in one corner.
The bathroom on the other hand is near to a disgrace the back of the door is covered in what look like paint splashes the dirt is well ingrained into the lino.
The coffee cups needed rinsing before use (not houskeepings fault - see later)
The room is adjacent to some sort of facility and from early morning we had singing but more off putting was the constant door slamming.
With my partner I went out at 8.15 but returned an hour later - throught the morning into lunch we had constant door slamming. I was told by housekeeping the room would be serviced at 12.30 by 1.30 no sign so I went down to reception as I approached the lift I could hear firealarms - but no sign of staff. The reception was like the Marie Celeste - no sign of staff or notice on the counter. Eventually I looked outside to see the staff were having a fire drill - BUT if it was for real where would I have fitted in ?
Eventually my room was serviced and I was offered a cup of tea by reception while I waited - it was FOUL !! (See later !)
For a period in the afternoon we had constant firebells ringing without prior warning.
next night / morning came and went. About 11am I made a cup of tea - again FOUL ! Frankly mystified I went to go in the shower before checking out - BINGO the water splutterd , coughed and died. Water contamination - the builders had been messing about with the plumbing and forgot to tell anybody !!
Conclusion - not up to Premier Inns usual standard - Cause the builders and more importantly the site / project manager

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback very much as this enables us to improve standards and provide guests with the best possible service and a comfortable stay. Thank you very much for telling us about the issues with the bathroom; these issues will be seen to immediately as we work to improve our hotel standards. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This hotel was under renovation when I stayed and in my humble opinion should not have been open for business. It was under staffed, the restaurant was closed and the car park a minefield with all the builders vans and cranes etc. Would never stay here again and it has made me think twice before staying in a premier inn again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments.

We have been under refurbishment since September. The works are now complete. It does state on our web site that we are undergoing refurbishment works and that the restaurant is closed. We also send out an email a week before arrival just confirming this. The works have not disrupted any part of our guests experience.

The works are now complete and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Very good sized room,I had all the privacy I need it,we felt safe and I loved the very big bed and cleanliness of the room,very good value for the money I highly recommend ,I will definitely book again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dan W, Manager at Premier Inn Slough Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you for your kind comments.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind Regards,