“Staff were as excited as the kids about Lego Land!”

Premier Inn Slough Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Staff were as excited as the kids about Lego Land!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed here a cheap alternative to the Lego Hotel (which is also great).

All the staff were friendly and happy to help.

Not too formal.

For the price of the hotel you cannot as for more.

202 characters

1 Thank Dino B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel is having some refurbishment work done to it, something to the extent was not made clear to me when I booked, as I required a hotel with its own secure car park and this is the main reason I booked this one, I stayed for a couple of nights, on the first night there was no space in this extremely limited car park and was lucky that a really impressive employee Yolanda offered me her car space so I was able to get a space the first night, very grateful to her and her outstanding service, but on the second night I was there again there was absolutely no spaces again at the limited car park and was assured I could park my car at the sainsburys car park across the road were there is CCTV and I would have no problems what so ever, once I had checked out I had to drive back home to glasgow 400 miles away so never realised there was substantial damage to my back door, if I had noticed this I would have demanded a refund as this good night guarantee was a costly nightmare and I am very dissatisfied with the overall experience.

2 Thank Abundance786
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Slough Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Lovely staff & good accommodation with excellent value for money food with great service.The hotel is situated within walking distance of a large supermarket which is handy for buying papers e.t.c..Geographical position is good for routes is all directions.

2 Thank Jeremy D
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We booked a family room but when we arrived it was just a standard room with two smaller bed thrown in we had no room between the beds also when we came out of the bathroom we walked straight into my sons bed. The air conditioning had a mind of its own even when it was turned off at the wall it still came on. The room was hot but we couldn't turn on the air con as my daughters bed was right up against the unit so she was freezing. The restaurant was too expensive for this type of hotel and the portions sizes were small.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SuzieK77
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were warned in advance by email that the aircon wouldn't be working during our stay and the hotel provided desk fans in the rooms to help the situation. Certainly the corridors were extremely warm but the rooms were ok once you opened the windows and put the fan on. The room was otherwise excellent, spotlessly clean and well maintained.
The small bar area was nice place to have a beer at the end of the day. The car park isn't very big but you can park in Sainsburys next door (apparently) although we found spaces in the carpark on both nights. We didn't eat in the restaurant, instead having breakfast both days at Sainsburys for a lot less. There's also a Wetherspoon's down the road if you like their cheapo breakfast.
The staff were friendly and helpful and I'm sure that once the maintenance work is complete this hotel will be faultless.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

not the best premier inn you will ever stay in but potentially not the worst either. The hotel is currently a building site with whole floors affected by this. the car parking is EXTREMELY limited so please be aware of this. Rooms great as always.

Big problem with the staff. Every person I had contact with was wearing an "In Training" badge. I can only assume that there is a huge turnover in staff. Not sure where the trained staff were and I have no idea who was training these members off staff. Incompetence, rudeness, disinterest and generally not having a clue would describe the particular ones I had contact with.

Do not use the restaurant, things are just as bad there, over-priced, porr quality. looks great but tastes barely average.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Even though the hotel is under going a refurbishment until the end of September we were extremely happy with the service we received. We had teething problems with our air conditioning unit which the staff rectified as quickly as they possibly could. I was travelling with 2 young children on my own and I found the staff very helpful and welcoming. Good base for Legoland Windsor. Food was very good.They could not have done any more for us - excellent ;-)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Travelodge Slough
Travelodge Slough
#5 of 21 in Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Travelodge Windsor Central Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Slough Hotel? Share your experiences!