“Evening meal out after a busy day at Lego Land with the kids”
Review of The Dukes Head

The Dukes Head
Ranked #6 of 199 Restaurants in Slough
Price range: US$11 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pub Restaurant with very Good Home Cooked Food
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We had a busy day at Lego land and were staying on a package deal at a Hotel in Slough. The hotel was not very child friendly and very expensive for food so I checked out my trusty Trip advisor App & it did not let me down!!! The Dukes Head it a traditional local pub. Upon our arrival the staff were very friendly and seated us. The pub was busy with families and a large party of probably 20 people celebrating a birthday. It was about 7.30 in the evening when we visited. The pub had a very good atmosphere and we were not worried of our children making a bit of noise - that said it was not too noisy and there were plenty of couples enjoying a meal too.
The menu was traditional English food and they had a kids menu - great value at £4.95 each. They also has a specials board. Our food was fantastic - Hubby had something off the specials - Dukes Duo of large pork sausage, Huge Pork chop, fluffy mash and baby onions. It looked fab and he cleared his plate (which was big!!) I had the Dukes Burger with chips - again huge portions and great. They kids meals were smaller portions of adult meals and just as good quality - not the micro meals type stuff you usually get from the kids menu.
All in all we had a great meal in a lovely friendly pub for just over £40 for all 4 of us with drinks. absolute bargain for the quality of the food. Highly recommended if you are in this neck of the woods!!

1  Thank Michelle H
There are newer reviews for The Dukes Head

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Found this little gem
On the way back from a bike ride! As soon as I walked in I was greeted by a friendly waitress who was so friendly and helpful throughout our time there!
The food was great very yummy! Lots of choice!
The only thing I would suggest to the chef is maybe calm down on the ceaser salad dressing on the ceaser salad ( it was absolutely beautiful )
Will defo be back to try a roast dinner :)

1  Thank Matthew R
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Friendly staff, nice atmosphere and good service despite it being busy. Food was delicious with a wide choice on the menu. Is definitely worth a visit, some of the best pub food I have had in a long time!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Mushrooms and Stilton mix followed by shepherds pie, oh my days it was lovely, excellent staff very friendly and welcoming food was prompt even though it was busy and very well cooked the gammon just melted so tender,chips very good but the starter was sublime so good, extensive menu it took me ages to choose everyone at the table were waiting for me, highly recommended, and a very oldie worldly inn......class

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

I go to the dukes head regularly with my husband and family and have not had a bad meal there. Food is fab and great value for money. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. I would highly recommend this pub.