“wrong hotel to stay”
Review of Skyways Hotel

Skyways Hotel
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed 14 September 2013

It was an horrible hotel with horrible service and bad customer service.

They do not value their customers, rooms look patched up with no remotes and very small for the aamount charged.

Both owner, manger and staffs are extremely rude

Room Tip: Please book another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Olatunde O

Reviewed 7 September 2013

WARNING! We stayed here with our 2 kids going to legoland. The rooms we were given were filthy & smelly with stains all up the walls & over the beds. I immediately went down & asked for a refund saying we weren't prepared to stay there. The woman was very rude & refused us a refund saying if we go she will ask the manager to refund me in a few days! I was not prepared to take this risk of not getting it so instead she gave us better (only slightly less filthy) rooms. Don't stay here I woke up itchy & covered in bites so wouldn't be surprised if the beds are riddled with fleas.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank cmb51
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Let's talk about the positive aspects at first.

The beds were comfortable and the sanitary installations were pretty new. But that's it!

The first thing we noticed after entering the room was the stench.
It smelled like the carpet hasn't been cleared for years. The whole room was dirty. The windows haven't been cleaned neither from the inside nor from the outside. After moving the bed a bit we found mold which was also spreading out in the bathroom ventilation. We showed it to the staff members and they didn't remove it!!
And here comes already the next problem, the bathroom. In the first night we had no warm water, fortunately this issue has been fixed after a few hours. But of course they didn't fix the toilet flush. It was flouing the whole time and the noise kept us awake the whole night!!!
After these dreamy hours we went to the English breakfast from 7-9 am. At 8:45 the waitress told us to come earlier next time, because the buffet was already closed. No wonder, besides us, we haven't seen more than 4 guests.
Furthermore, I wouldn't recommend to stay at this hotel during cold temperatures, one of the windows was damaged and could not be closed.
Luckily, these troubles did not affect the door, too. Some days we even needed a few minutes to open it, because the lock clamped.

This hotel NEVER EVER deserves three stars!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Londontraveller214
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as it was close to Heathrow and I needed to collect a friend at the airport early doors. I arrived quite late and the girl on the reception had to literally harass the manager for my change after I paid in cash because he'd had a couple of drinks and had clearly taken all the money out of the till! He obviously doesn't trust his staff. My request for a wake up call was a scribbled pencil mark in their paper diary/booking log and the receptionist was checking her phone every twenty seconds while I patiently waited to be booked in. When walking along the walkway the floors were creaking something awful - did I mention I got there late? I must have woken the dead with the racket that i made walking along the walkway, and made me cringe at the thought if waking early.

Once I got to the door of the room I was greeted with grubby marks all around the walls and doors between floor and chest height, so was reluctant to touch the doors. The room was relatively clean but again, grubby marks along the walls and the creaky floors made an absolute racket. Thinking I'd be woken up by my alarm, I had a quick shower and climbed into bed. The only thing that woke me was the traffic on the road outside so I showered and left, leaving the receptionist's shrill voice in my wake berating the early morning "concierge" for not taking note of the alarm request written in pencil two pages back. I was glad to leave and definitely WILL NOT be going back!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank piggiepenny
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Skyways has so much potential but the poor décor and indifferent cleanliness let it down. Bathroom was clean (excellent shower) but the bedroom was not. When closing the curtains (some falling apart) I spotted an empty crisp packet. The mirrors were smeared and many of the surfaces baldy scratched and damaged. Grubby grey marks on the walls. Bedlinen clean and towels changed daily. Breakfast repetitive and adequate. Concerned about the lock on the door so wedged something against it every night!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank crumpets4tea
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Booked 1 double room and 1 twin. Double was room 130 and very big ! Enough room that it had lots of furniture including a sofa with 2 matching chairs. Bathroom also big with lots of hot water. Twin room a lot smaller but still adequate. No information given at check in and bought our bags in to be told our rooms were in the next building. Luckily a poster on the wall told us what time breakfast and check out was. Breakfast ok. Only paid £30 each and happy enough with what we got.

Room Tip: If you want a double room ask for number 130
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Can't believe what others have written !! Found the staff very friendly & helpful, and had some of the best food I've ever tasted from their Itallian restaurant, not only was the food superb it was also very cheap £ 5 for most dishes - I cant wait to be working back near slough & will definitely be using again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business