“I stayed in that hotel for one night, the person on desk reay unfriendly and the rooms are in poor condition”
Review of Skyways Hotel

Skyways Hotel
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel and the floor in room makes alot of noise, the doors handles make alot of noise. The bathroom only has one towel. The lights in room not working. The person on reception very unfriendly. The rooms smell really damp.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Rajesh0070
There are newer reviews for Skyways Hotel

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Walked in and was greeted by man in reception who looked very uninterested! Only good thing is that he carried my suitcase up the stairs) Got to the room with my 8 yr old son, walked in and was astonished that the room hadn,t been condemed! There was masive damp patched and hole in the ceiling plus the ceiling was bowing badly and the floor boards were rotten and sloping! It was like walking on sponge! My son was a bit scared and to be honest so was I!! Felt like we were going to go through the floor boards! Our room was next to the fire escape and metal stairs. Very noisy with the smoking area of the bar just below us which all the local youngsters were using! It was like the ghetto! My son looked out the window and saw a rat toutside the fire exit. There was no way I was going to eat breakfast there! Also for 2 days running they didnt put any spoons with the tea/coffee making facilities. No ironing stuff or hair dryer as described on the website! Walked out of room in morning to be hit with mass stench of stale fags, thats after the fire alarm woke us at 7am!!!! This place is unfit and should be condemed! Would strongly urge you not to stay here. Didnt feel safe in any way! Wish I had read reviews first!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Lorraine O
Reviewed 20 February 2014

wht u pay wht u get, its better dan few hotels i stayed in london, nice staffs in the reception he helped us to carry our baggage to the first floor..and variety of food in the breakfast..
we stayed 2 days and will come back soon skyways

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tonysL6107YB
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stay at the skyways because it's convenient for visiting my clients in Chertsey and Leatherhead. I slept well and enjoyed the spacious room. The decor and furniture is rather tired looking, but the room was clean and the breakfast satisfactory. I had limited interaction with staff, but those I spoke to were pleasant and helpful. Would I book here for a holiday? Probably not, but then who takes holidays in Slough!.

Room Tip: Room 108 is spacious with two sofas, a fridge, flat screen TV and en suite.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Web sites gives wrong info, unclean rooms ,noisy wooden floors ,crap door locks and doors,
smoke smell in rooms ,no ettiquett and manners from the management 'if you want Stay or else get out' Policy.stayed for 2 days with difficulty as area hotels were full and we noticed room cleaner cleans all Toilets even SERVES bREAKFAST, AND also over powers the sleepy looking Manager, security cameras all over ,may be he doesnot trust him or his helpers, sorry guys.Hotel Inspector Pls check this place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andy h
Reviewed 5 October 2013

First time in our life seen a terrible family run B AND B with dirty rooms, staire case, toilets etc;
even the b'fast serving lady's rude and arrogance response when child ask for a Yorgart!!!
We felt a family is 'running the show 'including father mother daughter ,grandmother and so on.......... shouting in their own language ....ama apa ......... ungernt inspection needed by the authorities, never again even for free of charge in this DUMP

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank amandeep k
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We arrived at 8pm and checked in. On check in we asked the staff member at the desk if she could please call us a taxi for 8.20 as we were going to a party. We then eventually found our room after enduring a large hall, stairs and landing that absolutely reeked of both fresh and stale cigarette smoke, despite all of the no smoking signs everywhere. Anxious to make our escape, we waited outside for out taxi, and waited, and waited..... At 8.35 we went to reception to be greeted by a different person who said the previous staff member hadn't bothered to call. Charming!
When we got back from the party and entered the bathroom I noticed that there were a few pubic hairs on the floor-lovely!! Also a cigarette burn in the shower tray???
After seeing the hygiene standards in our room we decided not to risk breakfast so we are at present sat in Sainsbury's down the road which I can recommend!
Bottom line - no, I would not recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: September 2013